Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HBK2 Upgrade Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:33 PM
caylorray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBK2 Upgrade Problem

Recently upgraded my King 2 tail to CNC with Xtreme 10 tooth pulley. After putting everything together, it appears that the larger diameter pulley causes the belt to ride on the inner diameter of the tail boom. Is the 10 tooth tail pulley not compatible with the King 2 tail boom? Or am I doing something wrong?
Old 12-05-2009, 03:37 PM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HBK2 Upgrade Problem

Are you also using the Xtreme 43 tooth drive gear and belt? If not, maybe the stock belt is not riding down in the gear properly. I am using the Xtreme 43 tooth gear, belt, and 10 tooth tail drive gear on mine and the belt is very close to the inside of the boom (about 1/2mm) but it doesn't touch unless the belt is too loose, than it does rub at the bottom. I run the belt a little tighter than I used to so that it don't rub on the bottom.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 PM
caylorray

Yes, I'm using the 43 tooth gear and belt.

Haven't actually ran the helo since installing the tail upgrades. Kind of afraid to with how close the belt is. My belt is not too loose. It's just as close to, if not touching, on the top as it is on the bottom.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:25 AM
travelcraft34
My Feedback: (1)

Hi, I'm new to this and just bought a used King 2 that came with a 43t pulley and a CNC tail upgrade in the spare parts bag.  When I installed the pulley and CNC upgrade the belt is not long enough to make it to the tail gear.  Is the belt that comes with the pulley longer than stock?
Old 12-24-2009, 08:34 AM
King2Nut

Yes the belt supplied with the pully is the correct length.
If you need to replace the belt in the future here is a link to just the belt.
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=501

Old 12-24-2009, 10:16 AM
travelcraft34

The two extra belts that came in the spares bag are longer than the original (I think).  There was a worn belt thats shorter and a new one allready installed, but with the old pulley and original tail.  I have been reading as much as I can and noticed that when the last owner put the new belt on the tail rotor was turning the wrong way, SOOOO I figured why not put the 43t pulley and the CNC parts on the tail.  So I do not know if these belts are the correct ones.  I ASSUMED they were because they where longer.  I'm not at home with it now, but the belts had 380 on them, are they the correct ones?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Disney1

I checked where I could, and do not know if the belt with 380 on it is the correct one,
but if it is longer than the stockone then it is probably the correct one for the 43T tail drive.

Do either of the belts have "XtremeProduction"on them?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:55 AM
travelcraft34

I don't think they had Xtreme products on them, I won't be able to check till Sat.  Unfortunately none of the hobby shops in the Oklahoma City area like ESKY products or aftermarket parts.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:08 AM
King2Nut

Most LHS's do not carry Esky products. They have to order a huge amount of product from Horizon Hobbies, to meet contractual obligations with them to be allowed to sell Spektrum, JR, E-Flite, Hitechand other major brands that are exclusive to Horizon Hobby. I do beleive the number is $10,000 per month. So you can see where they are going to order all they can from them to keep the contract in force.
There are a few E-Flite Blade 400 parts that are interchangeable, the Main Drive Gear, Blades, and Tail Boom Supports.
I am not sure about anything else.