Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HoneyBee CP3

Old 02-26-2010, 06:07 PM
redman4264

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HoneyBee CP3

The CP3 is quite different from the CP2, unfortunatly the parts are not inerchangable, other than a flybar maybe. Seems they are wanting to make some cnc head parts but none seem to be available yet. So far I have had no need for them yet as I have only broken one sf arm so far. When set up correctly the CP3 flies really well, for me neway, though learning on it will likely be a chore of sorts. Best of luck on your first heli!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:12 PM
s2k kid

alright, it just seems like the CNC parts for the CP3 that were on a site posted up closer to the beginning are crazy expensive. I was going buy a king 2 but decided not to due to the expense of replacing some of the needed parts and I looked at those CNC parts and they were decently priced. Maybe the CP3 parts are still expensive due to how new it is still.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:38 PM
subliminal lou

alright....i just got my cp3 yesterday and i was testing it out. i have my transmitter set on mode 2 and everything is fine except the aileron stick is inverted. Im new to six channels so i dont know if this is out of the norm but when i ran the sim, if i pushed left, she leaned left.....cant say the same for the real bird. i gotta get this fixed......somebody please let me know if i can change this setting somehow
Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 AM
aircrash

The transmitter has some dip switches on the bottom right corner. You`ll just switch the AIL to the opposite.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:15 AM
subliminal lou

nice....totally worked.....i feel like an idiot but thanx
Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 AM
babblin5

So is the consensus that the CP3 is worth the $99 or not? Was thinking about getting one to use as a pseudo Blade SR while I wait for SR parts to come in...lol
Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 AM
redman4264

I can say it was worth my $99 for sure.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:14 PM
redman4264

Well I have went through a few upgrades, esky 3100kv brushless motor, cnc head and tail upgrades, Telebee hh gyro, pentium 25A ESC. Flies great Ithink.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfO0gc8xFEE[/youtube]

Old 06-03-2010, 10:38 AM
FTmustang65
My Feedback: (6)

[quote]ORIGINAL: redman4264

Well I have went through a few upgrades, esky 3100kv brushless motor, cnc head and tail upgrades, Telebee hh gyro, pentium 25A ESC. Flies great I think.

Redman,
Can you tell me where you bought all your upgrades from and how much would you say they cost? Thanks
Henry
Old 06-03-2010, 12:26 PM
redman4264

I got most from helidirect and I am not sure how much $ i got in it.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:18 PM
CastorTroy2150
My Feedback: (10)

@ Redman4264:
I watched your video on youtube, and I see in the description that you said you have the Honeybee King brushless motor on yours. Curious if this mounted in the same screw holes or if any modification was needed[:'(] Also, I have experience with e-flight and Turnigy ESCs, how do you like the one you used?
Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 PM
redman4264

no mods needed for motor, as far the ESC it has been great and even has a nice soft start.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:20 PM
dchin62973

ORIGINAL: redman4264

I just purchased a Honeybee cp3 and am awaiting delivery. Has bought or flown one of these that can give a little input as to how it flies? Also how hard would it be to upgrade to brushless? I can't seem to find to much info on this bird besides a few videos but seems there are not many posts from owners. Would like to know how it stacks up to a HBCP2 or a Eflight Blade. I see it has a dd tail motor which i think is a +.

I cannot find any upgrade parts for it though. Does anyone know where i can get some and are any interchangable with other esky birds? Also would like to know if i am limited to buying stock replacement blades or will others fit also.

There doesn't seem to be many places to get these heli's from. Is this because maybe it is fairly new or because it just not that popular? I hope i did not make a mistake buying this heli. I guess for the money RTF is not to bad. Seems to be capable of light 3d not that i am that good yet. Any input on these heli's will be much appreciated.
Okay, we have just completed our latest mod for the entry level 6-Channel E-SKY HB CP3 CP helicopter. There is NO need to switch your existing Rx/TX to a Spectrum. A high speed brushless main motor to complement the Direct Drive (DD) tail motor. We also added the Super Skids 200 landing gear system, the E-SKY Metal Rotor head Kit, as well as the Carbon Fiber Tail boom, Carbon Fiber laminate composite blades, and a vertical fin with real metal tail struts. We also changed the LIPO battery to a higher "c" rated LIPO of 20c with a 30c top-end burst. We then added a 3-amp ATO Fast blow fuse for the stock Direct Drive Motor and added a nice ON/OFF Power switch for convenience.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfFIMyDJW8[/youtube]

:d
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sq45659.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1481623  
Old 08-14-2010, 04:13 PM
CastorTroy2150

Quick Question, my CP3 was flying like a champ and I had a good crash. No real damage other than the Main Axis and the blades. Main shaft is straight etc. However, replaced my parts, and tested flight. She flys like crap now and I dont know why...[:@] No vibration, blade tracking is perfect, and I dont know *** is going on. I have my Belt Cp V2 on the bench right now with a bent main shaft and am upset. It seems that the tail motor wont hold the heli straight. Any movement in throttle, etc seems to make the tail shimmy more than normal. I have adjusted the gain/Pot. and no help. I am forced to hold right rudder, I can get it to fly like normal by doing this. However, After a minute I am forced to adjust the amount of right rudder as if the tail rotor changes speed again. Is the tail motor going out on me or what? And if I upgrade to the HB King motor like redman, do I need a replacement for the tail motor or can the stock one be kept?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:57 PM
redman4264

Hmm flies like crap is kinda vague.. Define crap. As for the tail it will hold but if you have alot of flights on it I would change it out for a new one. Remember it is brushed and will wear out.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:17 PM
CastorTroy2150

Lol, sorry Redman, I guess that was vauge. The tail rotor simply will not hold the heli in one direction...I know it never will be perfect, but it requires lots more input than it did previously. Pretty frustrating[&:] I wouldnt imagine it would be wore out already, but it does seem to have some new sounds emitting from it during rudder input. Gyro adjustments dont seem to have any real effect, just simply cause further problems. Where the gyro is set not seems to be as close to perfect as I can get....I wish there are a good brushless to use instead...
Old 08-14-2010, 08:35 PM
redman4264

ETRM ( electric tail rotor motor ) heli can get frustrating. If blades are tracking correctly and the tail is acting up it may just be the motor itself. I put alot of flights on mine before it went out on me. If you can fly it well enough turn the gain all the way down the bring it into a hover and adjust the proportional pot until the tail holds straight, then turn your gain back up to suit. If this does not help, change the tail motor. Then if still no improvement I would look to the gyro itself. Very easy to add a external gyro to the tail if you want to go that route. Hope that helps a bit.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:43 PM
gideonhbillings

Hey,

I am concidering getting the Honeybee CP3 as my first full control helicopter, but had a question about the required tools for repairs and maintenance.  I see that you can get a 15 pc tool set for around $30 dollars from XHELI.com.  Would this be worth buying or will the usual tools used for rc airplanes suffice?  
Old 09-22-2010, 11:41 AM
dchin62973

We just got the new 2.4GHz E=SKY HB CPX. It's basically the CP3 but with a full body canopy which comes in Blue or Orange. We added the CNC Metal Rotor head system, Brushelss Main Motor System, Super Skids 200 landing gear, CF Laminate Blades, upgraded LIPO with a higher discharge rate, and a convenient ON/OFF Power Switch. See the video below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opL8qKVax9g[/youtube]

[8D]