Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Next Heli

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Thorfinn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next Heli

Greetings all,
I am trying to decide between a Blade RS and an Esky BELT-CP 450 V2 RTF 2.4GHz.I have been flying a Blade mcx for 2 weeks.I did not find that hard to learn at all.The Blade RS would be a good next step but I think I would rather skip a step and go right to what I want, a 450 size. I understand there would be a larger learning curve but would it be that hard?I took right to the MCX.The $175 price tag seems too good to be true.Is the radio any good?Could I use it for a sailplane also?Looking forward to your comments.I need help deciding and yes I have read most of this thread.It’s my experience with the mCX that is leading me to believe I could handle the Belt if I took it slow and careful.
Perry
Old 02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
KwiknikK

Default RE: Next Heli

Im in the same boat, I have a blade MSR and I want to upgrade to the 450 size. I feel like the Blade SR might just be a big MSR and I want a little bit more. Would this Esky heli be a good pick?
Old 02-05-2010, 05:40 PM
aircrash

I have seen it flying by some pilots with many, many hours of flying. It`s a good one, and it stands wind easily.
A belt driven tail rotor heli that is powerful.

But you should consider:
It`s powerful, not like a brushed motor heli with a tail motor. So it can be a lot more aggressive.
It`s a 6ch collective pitch heli. More difficult to control.
It`s weight is a lot more than the others you have. So when it crashes it crashes for good. No crash allowed... or you`ll hurt your wallet and your time trying to fix it and more enough to adjust it.
It needs checking and even some adjustment before each flight. You have to be experienced to that.

But if you don`t buy one you`ll never go the the next (real) step -if that is what you want.
So keep the one you have already and then go for it. If you manage then OK, else keep it waiting at your home till you have some more hours of flying and some on simulator.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Ddaddy

I too want to go upward in size. the MCX is easy, the MSR can be tricky. Outside vs inside plays a big difference too. I'm going to do Blade SR next then probally Blade 400 before I build a big one....I know I wouldn't do good going from a MCX to a full CCPM because there's just really too many more things too learn all at once.
Ken
Old 02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
KwiknikK

I think im gonna just go for the Blade 400 I feel like the Blade SR will almost be boring, ( a big slower version of MSR) I Guess ill just save up and learn on the big guy.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:58 AM
maxmax77

ORIGINAL: KwiknikK

I think im gonna just go for the Blade 400 I feel like the Blade SR will almost be boring, ( a big slower version of MSR) I Guess ill just save up and learn on the big guy.
the Blade SR is nothing like the blade mSR. the mSR is FP, meaning it can't do flips and stuff. the Blade SR is CP, so it can do all sorts of tricks. If you got the Blade SR, you wonlt have a heli that "will almost be boring".

as for advancing to a CP heli straight from a coaxial, I think you might want to consider getting an inexpensive 4ch FP single rotor-you'll have a hard enough time flying one of those, beleive me!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
rikybob

Look closely (this is all speculation) but the [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171003]Eflite Blade SR[/link] seems to be the next logical step!

R/B
Old 02-24-2010, 03:05 PM
mustbfst

Here is my two cents on the subject ok I have been flying for 2 years started out on the belt cp v1 and now have a trex 450 v2 and a exi 450 so its possible to learn only one a cp heli right from the start I did, am now flying mild 3D so who knows can jump in with both feet or just test the water with your toes its up to you as for the blade sr it is set mild on the settings for the factory as you grow and your skills get better you can program more aggressive settings into it aka programable radio/receiver combo
I also have and mcx and msr and the they are great to pratice nose-in hover and just messing around with
Old 02-25-2010, 11:12 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I would stay away from anything with a tail motor the only exception being the MSR. Belt or even better torque tube is the best.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Ddaddy

I just got the blade 400. It is a hand full but I'm loving it. Still thinking about the SR and will probaly get one still. I'd consider the addiction....you'll get more heli's so get the SR first since it is available now. But there's really no way to go wrong either way.

Ken
Old 03-18-2010, 11:43 AM
maxmax77

ORIGINAL: 46u

I would stay away from anything with a tail motor the only exception being the MSR. Belt or even better torque tube is the best.
The blade SR has a tail motor and it's a fantastic heli from what I've heard...but in most cases, I agree that tail motors are second to belt driven and torque tubes.

-Max
Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Ddaddy

I got a Blade SR also. It made me a lot more comfortable and taught me a lot in flying my B400. Retrospectively, I really can't tell that much difference in how they fly (SR takes longer to respond but flies the same, wind no considered).
I think the eflite TX's are much better than the Esky ones. Of course you can always upgrade. The DX6i is great at it's price point and I think you'll be hard pressed to find many that disagree.
If I had to do it over, I'd do it the same. But you don't have to...the SR is released now. I recommend the SR, fly/learn on calm wind days, then upgrade to your choice of 450 size. I'd still pick B400 because of the upgrades available, but jumping in to a Trex 450 would be nice too...after you learn CP's...which the SR is perfect because it is more durable (less parts breakage) than large heli's. Now there is a parts shortage but I espect that to completely clear up in a month.
No matter what you decide, you'll have fun...but bewarned...there is NO comparision to flying a MCX, or MSR (IMO) to a BSR (cp heli) but no where as rewarding either. I love the msr and fly it every night but never fly my MCX anymore, it's just boring. Good for company though.
Ken