Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Tail rotor pulley.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Cwoodkiter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail rotor pulley.

I've been having an on again off again problem with my tail rotor. You see, whenever I have an oops and the tail rotor blades strike something the belt gets loose and when I tighten the belt up it'll go from being tight to jamming. I figured out that the rear pully is either out of round or the hole in the center of the pulley is offset like in a cam shaft. It seems that both my HBK2's (I have a second one for parts) have the same problem.

Cwoodkiter
Old 02-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Tinkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tail rotor pulley.

I don't know about the HBK2, but if its the same as the Belt CP the guide pulley rides right on the threads of the screw holding it in place. That really cuts into the aluminum pulley over time. I'm thinking that's probably what your problem is. I'd consider an aluminum upgrade, but until then maybe order a couple new pullies,

Joaquin