RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   Big Lama with 380BL motors from Xtrem production (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/10598263-big-lama-380bl-motors-xtrem-production.html)

raluale 07-16-2011 01:37 AM

RE: Big Lama with 380BL motors from Xtrem production

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">Hi Owner1.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">I&rsquo;m going to answer your questions:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">1. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span></font></font></span><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">How long does it take until you can fly again after it goes down? &ndash; just 2 or 3 seconds, just as long as it takes when you connect your battery to start flying.(first red light on the led then flashing red, <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>flashing green, and at the end just green light )<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">2. How old is my BOL? <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>- 2 months.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">3. Are the motors hot to the touch after power quits? - The motors are just warm. I can hold them without problem. (I put heat sinks on both when I bought the heli).<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">The mesh between the motor pinion and the drive gears are just as they have to be, <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>not too tight not too loose. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">Now my questions:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">1 How do I now that the motors have those thermal switch and how do they look like?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">2. If they have, can I remove them and how?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">I &lsquo;v <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>seen the video and the symptoms are not the same.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>On the video the heli goes down and is turning round, that means that one motor cuts<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>and the other one continue working, that&rsquo;s why the heli doesn&rsquo;t go down too hard. In my case the heli just goes right down because both motors stops at the same time. (I test fly over a soft surface to prevent damages)<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">I emailded HeliPal about the problem. They said it could be the receiver or the motor (I don&rsquo;t think the motor is the reason) <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">Maybe I should try a new receiver and then a new 3 in 1 control. I&rsquo;ll see.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">Thanks anyway for your concern.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

jsscratch 07-16-2011 01:51 AM

i thought you told us this is a new 3 in 1 since the old one was burnt after trying the xtreme motors. In that case i should first try a new receiver. Looks like there's the problem.
You say your big lama is not that old. Well that might be the reason your xtreme motors doesnt work. Xtreme production told me they only work on older 3 in 1 controller typs. So the old big lama's because they changed something in the 3 in 1 controllers since lately.

Owner1 07-16-2011 07:18 AM

Definitely sounds like the 3 in 1. Bad luck that your replacement was bad, but easy to fix when they send the new one.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif

Owner1

ORIGINAL: raluale

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">Hi Owner1.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">I&rsquo;m going to answer your questions:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">1. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span></font></font></span><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">How long does it take until you can fly again after it goes down? &ndash; just 2 or 3 seconds, just as long as it takes when you connect your battery to start flying.(first red light on the led then flashing red, <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>flashing green, and at the end just green light )<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">2. How old is my BOL? <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>- 2 months.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">3. Are the motors hot to the touch after power quits? - The motors are just warm. I can hold them without problem. (I put heat sinks on both when I bought the heli).<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">The mesh between the motor pinion and the drive gears are just as they have to be, <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>not too tight not too loose. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">Now my questions:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">1 How do I now that the motors have those thermal switch and how do they look like?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">2. If they have, can I remove them and how?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">I &lsquo;v <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>seen the video and the symptoms are not the same.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>On the video the heli goes down and is turning round, that means that one motor cuts<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>and the other one continue working, that&rsquo;s why the heli doesn&rsquo;t go down too hard. In my case the heli just goes right down because both motors stops at the same time. (I test fly over a soft surface to prevent damages)<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">I emailded HeliPal about the problem. They said it could be the receiver or the motor (I don&rsquo;t think the motor is the reason) <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">Maybe I should try a new receiver and then a new 3 in 1 control. I&rsquo;ll see.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><span lang="EN-US" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">Thanks anyway for your concern.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

raluale 07-18-2011 03:26 AM

Hi again.

I ordred new "3 in 1 unit" and a new receiver too here in Norway. As soon as I test the heli I'll let you know the results. Now i'm worried about an a-mail I got from mr. Jacky Lee from HeliPal (where I bought the last 3 in 1 control). He told me that ESKY factory was closed and the unit he sent me was the last one they had. Can it be possible? what about parts we need? Is there any one who knows about this? We do get most of parts from Xtreme production, but what about the 3 in 1 control, the receiver, batteries, charger etc.?

Ihope some factory has to make this parts to replace those from ESKY.

viper1 08-05-2011 09:47 PM

For those who want to upgrade to the Xtreme 380BL motors,
It might be possible to upgrade your ESKY 001337 EK2-0709 3in1 controller.

Please read the discussion here; [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1054610&page=178#post18967946[/link]

If you are interested please reply in the thread linked above....

Cheers,
GJ

jsscratch 08-05-2011 11:58 PM

Hi guys,
Since i bought myself xtreme 380 motors from helipal my 3 in 1 burned out. I contact them and they sent me a new controller.

I contacted xtreme productions and they told me that xtreme motors only work on the older 3 in 1 controllers. The guy was really nice and decided to sent me 2 new xtreme motors and a new older 3 in 1 controller. So now i can fly and it works. The controller doesnt burn anymore but im a little bit dissapointed. The stock motors have really enough power and i actually dont see a lot difference. With my stock motors i got my big lama flying really really fast now and this doesnt increase with xtreme motors for as far i can see.

And then i have one more problem as well. The controller doesnt burn out but after a few minutes fly the lame just drops out of the sky. It keeps happening so i crash to much which my lama doenst like to much:P It looks like signal lost but its not because it happens jus in front of me. Its not blade strike either and it cant be overheating because i have heatsinks on it and it also happens in the beginning.

So guys for me there is to much troubles around those stupid xtreme motors. I would recommended, spare your energy and DONT BUY THEM!!!! Its pointless, it costs a lot of money, a lot of frustration and you dont fly faster for as far i can see. Maybe a little bit but that only increases your change in blade strikes to so really, DONt DO IT!

Cheers guys Jesper

jsscratch 08-06-2011 12:52 AM

H

viper1 08-06-2011 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: jsscratch

Hi guys,
Since i bought myself xtreme 380 motors from helipal my 3 in 1 burned out. I contact them and they sent me a new controller.

I contacted xtreme productions and they told me that xtreme motors only work on the older 3 in 1 controllers. The guy was really nice and decided to sent me 2 new xtreme motors and a new older 3 in 1 controller. So now i can fly and it works. The controller doesnt burn anymore but im a little bit dissapointed. The stock motors have really enough power and i actually dont see a lot difference. With my stock motors i got my big lama flying really really fast now and this doesnt increase with xtreme motors for as far i can see.

And then i have one more problem as well. The controller doesnt burn out but after a few minutes fly the lame just drops out of the sky. It keeps happening so i crash to much which my lama doenst like to much:P It looks like signal lost but its not because it happens jus in front of me. Its not blade strike either and it cant be overheating because i have heatsinks on it and it also happens in the beginning.

So guys for me there is to much troubles around those stupid xtreme motors. I would recommended, spare your energy and DONT BUY THEM!!!! Its pointless, it costs a lot of money, a lot of frustration and you dont fly faster for as far i can see. Maybe a little bit but that only increases your change in blade strikes to so really, DONt DO IT!

Cheers guys Jesper

Ik vermoed dat your problem is not the motors, but the 3-in-1 unit.
A possible overtemp shutdown.

Are the wires on the brushes not caught on anything? they need enough slack for the brushes to touch the commutator.

jsscratch 08-06-2011 03:04 AM

Ok but when it is a overtemp shutdown i dont understand why it happens. I mean with my first 3 in 1 controller it burned out and now with an older one which xtreme productions gave to me it just shuts down. So when am i supposed to do about it?

The wires are fine

viper1 08-06-2011 05:24 AM

ORIGINAL: jsscratch

So when am i supposed to do about it?

The wires are fine
I hope to have a positive answer by the end of the week ... [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1054610&page=178#post18967946[/link]

raluale 08-06-2011 05:34 AM

Hi jsscratch!

I had exactly the same problem some weeks ago. I use the stock motors. I replaced the receiver but it didn't help. I try all but my heli drops out of the sky as your did, I flew several times and the same happend again and again, then I replaced the 3 in 1 unit for a new one and from that moment I have been flying more than 20 batteries without any problem.

viper1 08-06-2011 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: raluale

Hi jsscratch!

I had exactly the same problem some weeks ago. I use the stock motors. I replaced the receiver but it didn't help. I try all but my heli drops out of the sky as your did, I flew several times and the same happend again and again, then I replaced the 3 in 1 unit for a new one and from that moment I have been flying more than 20 batteries without any problem.

Hi raluale,

Just to help analyze this problem a bit further,
Question; did you ever use the 380 BL motors at all and changed back to stock, or always and only used the stock motors?

Did your replacement 3 in 1 unit look different at all on the outside compared to the old one?

raluale 08-06-2011 08:18 AM

Hi viper1.

question number 1: I used the 380BL motors first and I burnt 3 unit (3 in 1). after that I decided to go back to tha stock motor. Then I placed a new 3 in 1 unit again an then I got the same problem as jsscratch, the heli went down several time just after 2 or 3 minuts flying. I sent back the unit and I got a new one, after that no more problem.
question 2: the new unit looked no different at all on the outside compared to the old one.

Jimi2f 08-06-2011 08:30 PM

Hi,
I'm on the other BOL list here. But in relation to what you guys here on this thread have been talking about it might be interesting to know I am Running one of my BOL's with a DX7 TX, Esky stock 3 in 1, Spektum AR6210 RX, with Xtreme 380 ball bearing motor, 2x heat sinks, extended 15mm shaft, gears and blades.

I plan to replace the Esky 3 in 1 back to the Eflite 3 in 1 that I had in her before the xtreme motors were installed.
She Flies just great!!!! I alternate flights between her and my other BO.L that runs with brushless motors but that's another story..
Hope this helps,
Jimi