RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   Esky Honeybee FP Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/4020645-esky-honeybee-fp-thread.html)

kodak_jack 04-30-2008 10:52 AM

RE: Esky Honeybee FP Thread

I'm not even hovering, I'm hoppin' and crashin', thus, the broken prop after a couple of minutes.:(

ViciousGame 07-27-2008 02:48 PM

I'm having problems with my stock 4in1. I was recently flying with my new setup (Slo-Max, DD tail, M24 blades) and suddenly my heli was twitching severely. As I was getting ready to land her, she started spinning wildly as the throttle increased on its own: my Tx had no control. She flew into some hedges and stopped running. I immediately dc'd the battery and surveyed the damage (stripped main gear and broken tail boom).

The 4in1 seemed dead too. There was a faint burning smell, but it seemed like it came from the main motor (which I've since tested and it works fine still). I removed the 4in1 and I noticed that there seemed to be something loose within as I could shake it and hear a rattle. I carefully took apart the 4in1 and noticed that the 3in1 portion was loose after apparently having come apart from the receiver (pins weren't connected). This must have been why my heli lost control.

Now, however, after I reconnected everything, my 4in1 will not arm (gyro engaged w/green LED) unless the servo wires are NOT connected. As soon as I dc the servo wires it begins to blink and then go green; however, when I reattach a single servo wire, it goes back to red.

Is my entire 4in1 bad or just the receiver part. If it is just the receiver, I'll just buy a Spektrum Rx (have a DX-7) and connect it to the remaining 3in1, but I don't want to do that until I know for sure. Does anybody have any Idea what could be wrong?

joeyhatch11 07-27-2008 05:06 PM

Is the HBFP pretty much the same as the Walkera #4? I wanted a HBFP but ended up with the #4. It seems the Walkera #4 thread is pretty dead. I posted a question in there early last week and i've havent heard anything back. Was hopping I could ask question in here instead. I feel that Esky flyers tend to communicate more with one another. Please let me know, Joe

dodgemcopter 07-28-2008 03:16 AM

By no means an expert Visousgame but my 4#1 did the same thing, plug batt in and everything went nuts.

Joeyhatch11, I have a 4#1 and the HBFP and although very simular they are'nt identical. I think the #4 has the same type head as HBFP. I just swap rx when I want to fly either one and they even handle different (4#1-HBFP). About to combine the best of both with hughes 500 body. I baught these to learn on so I could move my way up......but just can't put the bloody things down:D

joeyhatch11 07-28-2008 04:30 PM

Well the walkera #4 and the Falcon 40 are the same thing right? Parts should swap back and forth?

dodgemcopter 07-29-2008 02:21 AM

Held one in ahobby shop once, put it down after finding out it was EXACTLY the same as #4.....but twice the price[&:].

joeyhatch11 07-29-2008 05:41 AM

Could I use the HoneyBee 4&1 on my Walkera? I see they are both 72mhz. Only reason I ask is because I see the HoneyBee 4&1 is like my Lama's, where you can make fine adjustments. My Walkera #4's 4&1 doesn't have that and I'm not sure how to find tune it. Any thoughts?

dodgemcopter 07-29-2008 06:30 AM

I seen youv'e put a post in the walkera #4 thread, the guys must be havin fun flyin....give USHobbySupply a PM, he's pretty clued up on em;) The HBFP reciever don't work with the walkera controller, I tried[:@] The main reason I baught the HBFP was for the radio as I also tried the 3in1 from a CX2 and that don't work either (I think they have a esc from gyro for both main motors with coaxial) the tail goes flat out one way or the other[:o] so don't think the lama one would work either....but hey, could be wrong. My walky tail was ok, still is but will go one way as the batt draws down but just adjust tx trim to chase it. I think there is a gain adjustment in the little hole but never played with it, even if you set the yaw up perfect at full batt it will still go off once batt power drops or motor gets warm..........its just one of those tail motor heli blues.

For what its worth, I got near on 150 full pack flights with the walkera before the rx died....not bad when you think how cheap they are, but I was forever muckin around with the pots in the tx. The heli is good, the radio is poop......id even bet thats 90% of walkera owners twitch and crash problems origionate from[8D]

joeyhatch11 07-29-2008 07:25 AM

It's working fine but I dont like the fact that I can't really "fine" tune it like the Esky 4&1's. I was hopping i could use my Lama'a Tx on the Walkera with the Esky 4&1. And maybe just switch the crystal back and forth. What do you think?

dodgemcopter 07-29-2008 06:40 PM

I'd say no it won't work......correctly anyway. In the HBFP manual it shows a coaxial AND fp 4in1's have different internal wiring.....give it a go[8D] but the eflite coaxial one don't work in HBFP or 4#1 thats for sure.

joeyhatch11 07-30-2008 05:56 AM

I talked to Mike for UsHobbySupply and he told me that it will work fine, that I would have to use the Esky transmitter. But he also said it wouldnt make that much of a difference. Not enough to go through the trouble of changing connectors and extending wires. It was just a question and what I thought would be an easy fix to a small problem. I just wish there was an eaiser way to make this heli more stable. I get the heli up and it wants to go in all different directions. The blades are level and a little loose so they'll straighten out once going. I also have the paddles set at 0 deg.

I guess it's going to be something I'll get over time. At this point I'm thinking there really arent any cheap tricks around it. It is what it is. More time and more blades. Hahahaha

jrizzle 07-30-2008 07:13 PM

Any HBFP fans out there check out my ad in the market place. Really smokin deal with lots of parts and a total of three artf kits! One of the ARTF kits is an already assembled J-Team frame with boom and tail motor installed. If interested let me know. Thanks-Jeff