RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   Honeybee King v2 tuner shop (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/6043372-honeybee-king-v2-tuner-shop.html)

Optimus110103 03-30-2008 12:54 AM

RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

It's not possible, it's a joke.

sheerider1026 03-30-2008 05:34 PM

i have an interesting question i am sure a lot of people may have wondered at some time or another.. on the esky lipo charger that came with my hbk2, it has 2 ports, one to charge a 11.1v and another for a 7.4v. my question is can i charge a 11.1v battery and a 7.4v battery at the same time with this charger?? i have a falcon 40 that i use 7.4 batterys on and would think it great to be able to charge 2 batteries at once. one for my hbk2 and one for the falcon.

homeunt 03-30-2008 05:56 PM

could someone answer this? I have a choice over buying a new pair of lipo. I have choice for 15c and 20c
my upgraded motor is 3100kv BL with ESC. Which one do you guys suggest?

crashcrash 03-30-2008 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: homeunt

could someone answer this? I have a choice over buying a new pair of lipo. I have choice for 15c and 20c
All you need is a 15C but if you ever decide to run the 3800kv.....you'll need the 20C. It's up to you.

crashcrash 03-30-2008 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: sheerider1026

i have an interesting question i am sure a lot of people may have wondered at some time or another.. on the esky lipo charger that came with my hbk2, it has 2 ports, one to charge a 11.1v and another for a 7.4v. my question is can i charge a 11.1v battery and a 7.4v battery at the same time with this charger?? i have a falcon 40 that i use 7.4 batterys on and would think it great to be able to charge 2 batteries at once. one for my hbk2 and one for the falcon.
I have a Lama v4 here, but I don't charge 11.1 and 7.4 at the same time. I don't know if you even can. As warm as the charger gets just charging an 11.1v by it's self....I wouldn't do it.

homeunt 03-30-2008 06:11 PM

which one is better?

Because i have Belt-CP that uses 20c, if 20c is better I'll use them

choppersrule 03-30-2008 06:14 PM

Sheerider1026,

The stock charger that comes with the HBK2 is designed to charge either the 7.4 volt battery or the 11.1 volt battery.. NOT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.. Fire hazard...

Dave / Choppersrule

nuttcaze 03-30-2008 06:18 PM

** noob alert ** I got the 3100 brushless upgrade kit for my King, is there suppose to be something I have to do before I try to fly it? Or can I just go fly? The useless chinenglish instruction sheet makes no sense, and I don't have the attention span to read through the entire thread. Thanks.

GTX SlotCar 03-30-2008 07:05 PM

which one is better?

If they're the same price, or the price is no concern to you, then go with the 20C. It probably only weighs 3 or 4 grams more and you can't go wrong with a higher C rating.

homeunt 03-30-2008 07:15 PM

it's because if i get 20C i would get better advantage. being able to use batteries on both helis.
I have none for my hbk2 at the moment and 2 for belt-cp.

crashcrash 03-30-2008 07:17 PM

which one is better?

Of course the 20C is better.....and more expensive (LOL).

sheerider1026 03-30-2008 07:19 PM

yea i had a brain fart when i asked that question. there is only one green light to let you know when the battery is charged.. duh.. sorry to ask such a dumb question.. i just bought another charger anyway.. it just takes forever for these batteries to charge... i have a 1500mah 25c battery and the stock esky battery.. i also ordered 2 2400mah 15c batteries.. now with those batteries and the brushless run time should be a lot longer i hope.. something funny happened today.. i just got the brushless motor, that little sticker thats on the motor came off while i was flying and made a terrible POP sound.. it scared me to death.. i thought something bad happened until i seen the sticker land on the floor.. so i would suggest to go ahead and take that sticker off, cause its not going to stay.. lol

crashcrash 03-30-2008 08:30 PM

yea i had a brain fart when i asked that question. there is only one green light to let you know when the battery is charged.. duh.. sorry to ask such a dumb question.. i just bought another charger anyway.. it just takes forever for these batteries to charge... i have a 1500mah 25c battery and the stock esky battery.. i also ordered 2 2400mah 15c batteries.. now with those batteries and the brushless run time should be a lot longer i hope.. something funny happened today.. i just got the brushless motor, that little sticker thats on the motor came off while i was flying and made a terrible POP sound.. it scared me to death.. i thought something bad happened until i seen the sticker land on the floor.. so i would suggest to go ahead and take that sticker off, cause its not going to stay.. lol

Had the exact same happen to me.......make you just about poop yourself (LOL). Wait till you throw a main or tail rotor blade.....THAT makes a heck of a noise. BTW....I wear glasses when I fly these things and not just because my eyesight is bad, especially in the basement.

osterizer 03-30-2008 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: crashcrash
Had the exact same happen to me.......make you just about poop yourself (LOL). Wait till you throw a main or tail rotor blade.....THAT makes a heck of a noise. BTW....I wear glasses when I fly these things and not just because my eyesight is bad, especially in the basement.
I think the second-funniest "mishap" I've had was when I was messing around with the tail on one of my 450s in the garage. I didn't tighten the grub screw on the hub enough, and in a hover it let go, the grip links snapped off, and the tail rotor spun off like a frisbee into the garage detritus. I got the heli back on the floor without any damage, but it took me an hour to find the $#@ rotor :D.

crashcrash 03-30-2008 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: osterizer

I think the second-funniest "mishap" I've had was when I was messing around with the tail on one of my 450s in the garage. I didn't tighten the grub screw on the hub enough, and in a hover it let go, the grip links snapped off, and the tail rotor spun off like a frisbee into the garage detritus. I got the heli back on the floor without any damage, but it took me an hour to find the $#@ rotor :D.

LMAO.....yeah, I'll bet you needed a new set of drawers.

sheerider1026 03-30-2008 09:05 PM

yep, these are fun toys but they are seriously dangerous.. you have to be extremely careful. . i just can't see how that little sticker made that much noise.. that brushless motor must really be gettin it.. i wonder what the rpm is on it?

Optimus110103 03-30-2008 09:19 PM

Around 40,000 rpm at full throttle.

Optimus110103 03-30-2008 09:31 PM

Anyone tried these on the cyclic? any thoughts as to how they would work?

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...m_content=S185

osterizer 03-30-2008 09:45 PM

Oh, it was interesting, no doubt.

The funniest by far was taking a heli outside this winter. I let it cool off too much, and in the 20 degree F weather it had enough power to take off, but didn't warm up quickly enough. The ESC shut off and dropped the heli into the snow beside the driveway. It made a plumphfh sound, and left just enough of the rotor head sticking up to spin down normally. It didn't break anything, but it was hliarious to see a snow bank with carbon fiber blades spinning down slowly. Maybe you had to have been there.... :)

crashcrash 03-30-2008 10:54 PM

ORIGINAL: osterizer

Oh, it was interesting, no doubt.

The funniest by far was taking a heli outside this winter. I let it cool off too much, and in the 20 degree F weather it had enough power to take off, but didn't warm up quickly enough. The ESC shut off and dropped the heli into the snow beside the driveway. It made a plumphfh sound, and left just enough of the rotor head sticking up to spin down normally. It didn't break anything, but it was hliarious to see a snow bank with carbon fiber blades spinning down slowly. Maybe you had to have been there.... :)

Wow...never heard of that happening. I'll bet it was funny...when you found out nothing was broke (LOL).

luvmykids2 03-30-2008 11:20 PM

hey, maybe this is old to you guys. But I haden't heard it before. It;s the T Rex tail mod. I tried it and it is wonderful. So much more tail authority. The shaft is the same size and yo uhave to make just a couple of adjustments and you now basically have a T Rex tail. It is somewhere on U Tube and it worked fantastic. Now it flies a little more like my rex.

chris1379 03-31-2008 01:51 AM

Depends on the capacity of the battery. You can pull 22.5A from a 15C 1500mah or 20A from a 20C 1000mah or 27A from a 15C 1800mah.

Chris

krossk 03-31-2008 05:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Optimus110103

Anyone tried these on the cyclic? any thoughts as to how they would work?

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...m_content=S185
They certainly have desirable specs. I had actually bought a set to use on my K2, but when I got them home quickly found that they are considerably smaller than the stock servos and would have required some kind of an adapter to mount using the stock mounts. I ended up hanging on to them figuring that they would make good tail servos. But I opted for Hitec HS-45's for cyclic and they seem to be working quite nicely.

chris1379 03-31-2008 06:53 AM

Does anyone have an Imax G192 gyro? I need to know how to mount it and maybe some tips on setting it up.

Thanks,
Chris

gene465 03-31-2008 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: nuttcaze

** noob alert ** I got the 3100 brushless upgrade kit for my King, is there suppose to be something I have to do before I try to fly it? Or can I just go fly? The useless chinenglish instruction sheet makes no sense, and I don't have the attention span to read through the entire thread. Thanks.
I did the same, if you are using the stock TX you may have to adjust your pitch to get a bit more headspeed for lift, this will help for the tail to hold, without the upgrade gear and belt. I have no problems with my left or right cyclic. Tail holds and turns nicely with the 3100 upgraded motor.