RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   Honeybee King v2 tuner shop (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/6043372-honeybee-king-v2-tuner-shop.html)

skippy7399 07-01-2008 11:39 AM

RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

1 Attachment(s)
53 Willys

I have to assume you want pics of the tail mod. Well first let me say sorry about the quality. I've spent more on my helis than I ever would on a camera. My new phone cam probably took better pics but I can't get to load here. So anyway here you go, again sorry for the pood quality.

Rosebud6 07-01-2008 01:08 PM

Basically you made a mini dogbone for the tail links?

Zimatosa 07-01-2008 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Hey "Z"...here's a msg from Charles. He's the one you sent to me to fix his heli. He bought the Ranger fuselage for me and I sent him a picture of the completed project....

Vic,

Very nice.... Your a perfectionists and do impeccable work.

I have been flying my helicopter and getting better all the time..... What a difference when things are put together right. Thank you!

Charles Ferrell

Other than the fact that you offered to fix peoples heli's for them, and do it correctly, I have learned so much from using all your tips that it was an easy name to drop. He does not live too far from where I am so I am hoping that he "flies" into town(he is a pilot) with his King so we can rip a few batteries off together. I might even be able to fly some of that handy-work.

Peace Crash,

You have our(Chuck and I) vote...

Z

skippy7399 07-01-2008 02:36 PM

Well no, what I did (again sorry for the pic quality) was not use both haves of the link set with a threaded rod in between. I used only one link per blade cut down to allow full pitch slide movement, mounting it using the stock link screw from the pitch slider to attach them. I used a pair of side cutter to cut mine, then sanded the cut edge smooth, screwed it on, viola!

Zimatosa 07-01-2008 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: skippy7399

53 Willys

I have to assume you want pics of the tail mod. Well first let me say sorry about the quality. I've spent more on my helis than I ever would on a camera. My new phone cam probably took better pics but I can't get to load here. So anyway here you go, again sorry for the pood quality.
When I did the fix on the tail to get full range, i drilled a bit of the inside hole where the screw(that attaches to the links) goes through at an angle pointing inward. Being careful not to drill all the way through to allow the screw to suck through the hole. You can also just back the screw out a tad bit so the links can get a more efficient inward flex. i would think if you made the links longer, your full range would be a shorter full range...Dig?

Z

crashcrash 07-01-2008 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Hey "Z"...here's a msg from Charles. He's the one you sent to me to fix his heli. He bought the Ranger fuselage for me and I sent him a picture of the completed project....

Vic,

Very nice.... Your a perfectionists and do impeccable work.

I have been flying my helicopter and getting better all the time..... What a difference when things are put together right. Thank you!

Charles Ferrell

Other than the fact that you offered to fix peoples heli's for them, and do it correctly, I have learned so much from using all your tips that it was an easy name to drop. He does not live too far from where I am so I am hoping that he "flies" into town(he is a pilot) with his King so we can rip a few batteries off together. I might even be able to fly some of that handy-work.

Peace Crash,

You have our(Chuck and I) vote...

Z
Yeah...he's a heck of a good guy.

betapilot 07-01-2008 03:44 PM

I used to just use a longer screw through the pitch slider to create greater distance between the link end and the pitch slider, I would use a slightly larger diameter coarse thread self tapper to hold well in the pitch slider and then adjust from the back side. Then I went to a cnc tail upgrade (NOT ESKY) and never had to worry about that problem again, lol.

bosborne0010 07-01-2008 06:26 PM

Well call me an idiot! I just got my new Dynam ESC and i dont know how to install it. I have three red wires? Which one goes to which color. and pics would be extremely helpful! I bought a programmer as well hope it works!

Rosebud6 07-01-2008 07:18 PM

Depends on the motor colors. Mine are red, black and blue on Esky 3800. Blue goes in middle and I think the black was on the positive side on mine, but i cant remember right off hand as its not in front of me. I did trial and error and had it backwards at first (gear spun the wrong way).

George1234 07-01-2008 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: bosborne0010

Well call me an idiot! I just got my new Dynam ESC and i dont know how to install it. I have three red wires? Which one goes to which color. and pics would be extremely helpful! I bought a programmer as well hope it works!

Well, you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. Just hook up all 3 wires, and check direction. If it goes the wrong way, swap any 2 wires, and you've got it!

George

Zimatosa 07-02-2008 01:10 AM

reel109 07-02-2008 07:14 AM

Hi Rusty,

What brand of cnc tail upgrade are you using. I would like to upgrade my K2 but want to stay away from the esky stuff.

Jim

Fly To Chill 07-02-2008 07:24 AM

Reel109 I use esky cnc tail box and rotor head and it works fine ,still works great after some bad crashes, but im sure theres better stuff out there.

crashcrash 07-02-2008 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Fly To Chill

Reel109 I use esky cnc tail box and rotor head and it works fine ,still works great after some bad crashes, but im sure theres better stuff out there.
I've worked on the E-Sky knock off stuff....looks just like E-Sky, but it sure isn't. Worst crap I've ever worked on. E-Sky CNC isn't bad except the price tag is a little HIGH and it's purple (LOL). Micro-Heli has some natural aluminum ones. Quality is good, color is aluminum...also has a nice price tag.

betapilot 07-02-2008 11:07 AM

Hey Jim, I use only the hdx or microheli, no offense chill but the esky stuff is crap. I have used MH or hdx for over a year now and every single time I install one or send one out to a customer for them to run I get the same response of how incredible the difference is. The upgrade collar is 8mm and the boom on a king is 7.5 so you will have to run a spacer, I use an aluminum collar insert that I custom make for each of my applications that I include if a customer wants, or you can use heat shrink which works pretty well. For those of you still looking to extend your boom, the upgrade is a perfect fit for an art tech falcon boom which with minor dremel work fits a king very well, it will give you an extra 1/2 inch extension and increase the tail hold (or dumb it down) pretty well. The MH or hdx upgrade has multiple benefits performance wise where as the esky stuff is at best stock replacement parts in metal, I have tried other cnc upgrades and as Crash stated you can really get some junk out there. The MH or the hdx runs $55 so its not like it is way more expensive than its lesser counterparts and there is no comparison in the toughness and performance, best I have found on the market.

reel109 07-02-2008 11:24 AM

Hi Rusty,

If I decide to go with the microheli stuff, what parts would you suggest. I was on the microheli web site looking for the components to upgrade the tail and it got a little confusing.[:o]

Jim

crashcrash 07-02-2008 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: betapilot

Hey Jim, I use only the hdx or microheli, no offense chill but the esky stuff is crap. I have used MH or hdx for over a year now and every single time I install one or send one out to a customer for them to run I get the same response of how incredible the difference is. The upgrade collar is 8mm and the boom on a king is 7.5 so you will have to run a spacer, I use an aluminum collar insert that I custom make for each of my applications that I include if a customer wants, or you can use heat shrink which works pretty well. For those of you still looking to extend your boom, the upgrade is a perfect fit for an art tech falcon boom which with minor dremel work fits a king very well, it will give you an extra 1/2 inch extension and increase the tail hold (or dumb it down) pretty well. The MH or hdx upgrade has multiple benefits performance wise where as the esky stuff is at best stock replacement parts in metal, I have tried other cnc upgrades and as Crash stated you can really get some junk out there. The MH or the hdx runs $55 so its not like it is way more expensive than its lesser counterparts and there is no comparison in the toughness and performance, best I have found on the market.
I'll agree with Rusty. If you want to upgrade to CNC...make it an upgrade. I've owned Micro Heli stuff before, the quality is second to nobody. Someday I'll do the CNC bling....when I don't CRASH anymore (at least where it's my fault anyway). Dunno...I have a real problem with crashing GOOD CNC.;)

reel109 07-02-2008 11:27 AM

Yea, I know what you mean Crash, but the last time I replaced the tail box with plastic parts, it just did not fit correctly and I still think it is not working as freely as it should.
Jim

betapilot 07-02-2008 01:03 PM

Hey Jim, The set I sell comes complete, no assembly required except for removing one side plate in order to install it. I would not piecemeal it together but use the entire assy that way you still do not have any weak links left over from the stock tail assy. It takes about 15 minutes to install and is very straight forward and you will notice before you ever get it on how much difference there is between it and stock. I have plenty in stock since it is a very popular upgrade if you decide you want to try one out.

53 willys 07-02-2008 05:01 PM

Hey guys I have another quick question.....
I have been running the xtreme plastic blades for most of my learning in the last few weeks...I had gotten really good at hovering in one spot with out moving or working the sticks very much at all...well I had a dumb mistake happen last night(read about it in the cnc king head thread) that took out/bent my blades so bad they are unusable.
I had some ebay blades..the 5 pair deal..and put them on today for the first time...man they are VERY VERY touchy!!! I cant seem to keep it in one spot for the life of me!!!
I know these ebay blades are like half the weight of the plastic blades...and I know I read lots of guys say the plastic blades are lazy/slow..but this is a BIG difference between the two!!!
maybe I set my bird back up wrong?? but I dont think I did, everything seems to be just fine from what I can tell...level swash, level everything!!

would blades make this much difference in the way the bird flies??????
Thanks
Mark

crashcrash 07-02-2008 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 53 willys

Hey guys I have another quick question.....
I have been running the xtreme plastic blades for most of my learning in the last few weeks...I had gotten really good at hovering in one spot with out moving or working the sticks very much at all...well I had a dumb mistake happen last night(read about it in the cnc king head thread) that took out/bent my blades so bad they are unusable.
I had some ebay blades..the 5 pair deal..and put them on today for the first time...man they are VERY VERY touchy!!! I cant seem to keep it in one spot for the life of me!!!
I know these ebay blades are like half the weight of the plastic blades...and I know I read lots of guys say the plastic blades are lazy/slow..but this is a BIG difference between the two!!!
maybe I set my bird back up wrong?? but I dont think I did, everything seems to be just fine from what I can tell...level swash, level everything!!

would blades make this much difference in the way the bird flies??????
Thanks
Mark
Heavier blades make a heck of a difference...slows everything down (wandering, etc). BUT...you should still be able to hold in one spot so something is amiss. Remember, throttle and pitch curves are WAY different between plastic and wood.....try messing with head speed and pitch, you'll bring 'er in.

reel109 07-02-2008 05:08 PM

Hi,

I also used the xtreme plastic blades and switched to the stock wooden ones. I also noticed how much more sensitive they were. I don't know if the airfoil is different but the plastic blades are heavier.

Jim

betapilot 07-02-2008 05:53 PM

Hey dude, Check the width of the ebay and the extreme blades, I bet the ebay blades are thinner and thin blades are really touchy.

hamid_fireage 07-02-2008 06:54 PM

Hey everyone, my plastic tail gearbox is bent because i fasten it too tight i think. so i bought the new one, but i found it much worst than the one was on the boom. Rubbish molded plastic doesnt even fit on the boom properly. I think i should get the cnc one.
Which one do you suggest? The esky one or somthing like trex450?
Another thing, im thinking about a new batt upgrade. Is the belt cp stock battery(1800mah 20c) is good for the king or not? Or you suggest another brand with another power?
your kind info would be appreciated.

betapilot 07-02-2008 07:57 PM

On the cnc tail upgrade, refer to the previous posts on this page.

On the battery, I am going to put my 2 cents in for the outrage batteries, I fly the 1300 and the 1800 25c's in the kings and they do very well. I would not run them if you are on the stock motor and esc though. They come with a crash replacement guarantee which is obviously nice and they are very reasonably priced - 1300 $32 and the 1800 $45, the 1800 esky which is only 20c runs $40, lol.