RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........ (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/6427888-%22belt-cp-thread%22.html)

evdreamer 03-15-2008 11:58 PM

RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

I am using the Align 35A ESC with the E-Sky 3800kv motor and I am getting good results from that combo. If you know the head speed you want for the HBK2 you can rearange the equation to make it equal to what the pinion gear will be. Usually it won't be exact, but you can find a pinion close to the results.

sollie 03-16-2008 04:54 PM

Just made a Little clip of me and my belt cp. Just got the gy401 installed ( the first clip is with the e-sky hh gyro)
i haven’t done anything with balancing ore adjusting the 401 so it's still tail heavy and the gyro needs fine tuning.

got the hs 55 on the tail, and also trying out the t-rex 450 canopy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi6zAcLe2F0

noobflyer01 03-16-2008 05:35 PM

hi guys my belt cp makes a high pitch noise coming from the tail. don't know what it is but it sounds like its coming from the belt or something. i would hover for about 30 seconds (with the sound coming from the tail) then all of a sudden she just lift up in a hurry without me throttleing up. i've never crashed her once. does this problem sound like a belt is loose or what. i've checked the tension and it is loose. i've loosen the screws in the boom and tighten it up but it seems like its keeps getting loose. do i locktite the screws or what?? pleASE HELP ME

evdreamer 03-16-2008 07:52 PM

Try rotating the rotors by hand. If the belt was rubbing on something you would be able to hear and maybe feel it. You can put a mark on the boom and if it moves while flying then that will be the problem for the loose belt. I don't think you need to lock-tite screws that go into plastic. I think someone scuffed the part of the boom that goes in the helicopter and that helped it not to move. Are you flying it inside or outside? Did it lift up like that when you first got it or did it just start doing it. I would double check the head setup. Are the blades tracking? Is anything binding? What are the pitch values in throttle up mode at bottom stick, center, and top of the stick? If you could video tape it that would make it easier to understand what is going on. Are you using the stock transmitter or another one?

noobflyer01 03-16-2008 08:28 PM

yes i'm using the stock tx. everything is stock. when i got it out of the box it was flying good. the belt was tight maybe too tight so i loosened it abit. fly her again no prob. i then took out the receiver and installed a ar6000 from dx6. the guy at the LHS set it up. i knew something was wrong almost immediately. at zero throttle in normal the blades were in negative pitch. the throttle curves was wrong as well. just too much power. i tried messing with the dx6 to adjust but....couldn;t figure it out. out it went and the old receiver back in. i think when i loosen the belt the first time the tightness of the screws reduced. especially the 2 back ones towards the tail. they don;t lock ...but the 2 up front locks and i just don't think its holding too well. what should i do ? replace the screws? maybe the plastic threads in the hole is not tight anymore. sometimes the tail wigs when that sound come out. i know its related somehow. it wasn't making it the first time i flew her.

oh i flew her outstide the first time...i've been test hovering her in my garage.

update....tighten the belt flew very well on first battery with no sound. second battery sound came back ...belt is tight but not like when i just tighten it again.
frustrated!![:@]

on the plus side while all the battery was charging i manage to setup my HBK2 with the dx6. now all i have to do is wait for the barebones kit to come in and install the electronics and i'm good. i wrecked the king the other day hovering with the idel up outstide while it was windy. hovers great even in wind with it. but when i land it i forgot it was in idle up and slammed it to the ground from 3 feet up. duh.... anywaz the damage was not that great but the head is all wobbly now. so i just ordered a barebones and install all my upgrades i have for it. all well...she did well...it was my first heli and she took a beating but she'll return better than ever.

evdreamer 03-16-2008 09:06 PM

The threads in the plastic might be stripped. I doubt the screws are bad. If you want just check the threads on the screw. When you tighten it up is the seam in the middle of the helicopter flush? The first time I rebuilt my Belt CP I thought I tighten those screws all the way, but then I looked at the seam and they weren't as tight as they could be.

noobflyer01 03-16-2008 09:11 PM

so what should i do? get longer screws maybe? maybe even bigger ? ideas?

evdreamer 03-16-2008 09:31 PM

You can try different screws. I don't know, I have never been in that situation. If the plastic threads are stripped there is also the more expensive and time consuming job to replace the frame.

chris6414 03-17-2008 07:24 AM

The screaching is the belt tensioner on the tail. Do the tail bearing mod. The screaching won't hurt anything it's just annoying and after awhile it goes away.

noobflyer01 03-17-2008 08:09 AM

i dont think i can replace the frame. just too diffecult for me. it looks a whole lot more complicated than the king 2. and what did you mean when you said scuff the tail boom? do you mean making the plastic hole where tail boom goes in ruffed up. making it less than perfect so it doesnt slide so easily? i'm going to find a screw that is just a bit longer and see if that works.

thanks guys for all your input

wheelieking11 03-17-2008 01:48 PM

Well... it only took about two weeks to read through this thread!

Anyway, I got my Belt CP about three weeks ago and have been practicing hovering.

I checked my head and found that these pins were also halfway out as a previous poster had mentioned:

See post # 986 for a pic: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7031886

sailongreen 03-17-2008 06:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a new Belt-CP Carbon and have not flown it as yet. I've been to busy repairing a Dragonfly 22E. I'm taking my time to go through it as advised by the rest of you in this highly informative thread. It's great to not be the first in anything. I have noticed a bind in the rudder assembly that could cause the tail rotor to lock up under extreme directional changes. I have uploaded a picture of my concern. Could someone tell me if this is a normal characteristic of the linkage? I'm sure the answer somewhere in this thread,but do realize how long it is!!

whagen01 03-18-2008 02:15 AM

Sailon
That's a normal characteristic of the linkage. I have the aluminum tail assembly, and noticed the same thing. I Dremeled a channel in the bellcrank to provide more clearance, but obviously couldn't completely eliminate it. I've compared the Esky tail with others, and prefer the design and construction of the other manufacturers. I've decided that when (not if) I bend the Esky tail in a crash, I won't repair it; I'll just buy the tail from another manufacturer.

chris6414 03-18-2008 07:13 AM

The Blade 400 slider design will take care of that binding issue. It's arms are canted toward the tail hub to get full deflection without binding

marcila 03-18-2008 10:41 AM

Hello Druss , thank you for your offer. I buy a Belt and I want to change the original radio and receiver by a Futaba 9CH radio and a Hitec Electron (6ch) receiver . Could You help me to configurate settings ( hover and idle curves), please?

Tks

sailongreen 03-18-2008 11:50 AM

Thanks for the information on my rudder. I'll try the correction with the Dremel first.

Phelansa 03-18-2008 12:16 PM

Has anybody here successfully fitted the CopterX Head and/or Tail to they're Blade CP?

gene465 03-18-2008 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Phelansa

Has anybody here successfully fitted the CopterX Head and/or Tail to they're Blade CP?
If you mean the Belt CP the answer is yes! It has been posted here and elsewhere that the Trex head has been successfully transplanted onto a belt CP and HBK2. I just got my CopterX head and tail and will be installing it on my Trex. My old Trex head (Mostly Aluminum) will be going on my Belt CP, with the stock head becoming a spare for my HBK2.

Phelansa 03-18-2008 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: gene465

If you mean the Belt CP the answer is yes!
Umm, brain fart[:o][:@]! I meant Belt CP sorry. Thanks for the correction.

I had a quick look through the thread. I saw some guys had success with the Trex head, but the "Anti Rotation" for the Trex head differs? I probably missed any direct inference to the CopterX parts.

evdreamer 03-18-2008 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: chris6414

The Blade 400 slider design will take care of that binding issue. It's arms are canted toward the tail hub to get full deflection without binding
I also use the Blade 400 pitch slider. I can go full left and right with out binding. For around $5 you can't beat that.

sailongreen 03-18-2008 05:08 PM

I'll just put the Dremel aside and replace the slider. Found it at Red Rocket in Oregon. It's great not having to deal with China.

sollie 03-21-2008 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got the trex canopy and installing the alu swash done. Also the gy 401 is fresh out of the box, just got one pack on it up to now. The canopy makes it so much easier to shuffel the lipo arround.

Hope you like it.

Rotorspeed 03-23-2008 02:23 AM

I've had my belt cp for 7 weeks, and it started showing power spike since last week. It sounds like this; " Whauuuu Whau Whauuuu Whau Whau Whauuuuuu Whau" every 2-3seconds and when it does heli goes up about a half a foot. I replaced the ESC, no help. I replaced the original rate gyro with esky HH gyro, no help. All my components and radio are original Esky except I replaced all servos with Hitec hs-55 servos. Has any body had a same problem? Do you think it's the motor ? I really need help before I going to chapter 11. Thanks in advance.

crashinbash 03-23-2008 03:38 AM

This could be a number of issues.

First thing it sounds like you could have a slightly bent mainshaft or motor shaft, and also consider the battery. Do you have more than one battery you run? Is it balance chanrged and discharged to around at least 9.6volts at the end of flight. I've noticed with mine the Esky esc likes to let you discharge all the way down to 9 volts and sometimes I've even seen it go to 2.86 volts per cell. This is after running the same amount of time every flight. Anything lower than 3 volts per cell can damage the battery.

Most times a "drooping" effect like this can be caused by a low headspeed causing the helicopter to go up and down without stick input. Another reason this can happen is your pitch in the blades is not correct leaving the heli starving for more deflection in the baldes to stay in the air. Check your pitch and make sure you have at least +2 pitch at 50% throttle. Another reason (if you have crashed it at all) could be an ever so slightly bend main shaft or motor shaft. A swashplate or main bearing rubbing heavily on the mainshaft can also cause this effect as a result of a crash.

If your hearing the "whaaa whaaa whaaa" problem coming directly from the motor then I'd say it is the motor or your battery. I've read alot of complaints in forums about the esky balance charger being quite innacurate with peak charge rates. If you have cycled the battery alot in 7 weeks perhaps the battery is no longer holding the same voltage or MAH as it did in the beginning.

Whatever one of these causes it's good to diagnose before replacing things. Hope any of this info helps

cheers

crashinbash 03-23-2008 03:49 AM

Did you need the eflite pitch control lever for the slider to make the conversion or was it just a matter of putting the new slider on? I would also like to do this ;)