RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   Esky Belt-CP RTF vs T-Rex 450 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/6787500-esky-belt-cp-rtf-vs-t-rex-450-a.html)

neilt6 12-21-2007 02:35 PM

Esky Belt-CP RTF vs T-Rex 450

Hey! I've been trying to save up for a T-Rex 450SE v2 for some time now and I just discovered that the Esky Belt-CP is nearly identical, and available as an RTF. Well, except for the fact that the 450SE is totally upgraded to aluminum and carbon fiber, but still, $200.00 RTF vs $1200.00+!! Anyway, I'm basically wondering, is the Belt-CP RTF as good as they say it is? Also, is it really 100% compatible with T-Rex 450 parts? I like the idea of being able to convert it to a 450SE just by crashing it and fixing it with T-Rex parts as that's all my LHS carries. Then, when it's mostly made of align parts I just have to buy a 450SE canopy and viola! A 450SE! :)

Here's the link: http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=4540

Druss 12-21-2007 03:30 PM

RE: Esky Belt-CP RTF vs T-Rex 450

No, the belt cp is not 100% compatible with Trex 450SE V2 parts. first of all the swashplate is reversed 180 degrees so you can't use the same swash, also, the head more resembles those that the thunder tiger raptor series uses with the flybar on top.

If you're looking for a cheap entry level 450 size heli then the belt cp is an incredible deal. If you're looking for a cheaper trex 450se v2 clone then look to the copterx 450se v2 available at www.ehirobo.com.

Good luck on whatever you choose.

crashinbash 12-21-2007 03:32 PM

We are discussing that topic in this thread
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_66...tm.htm#6711327
Where druss has converted his belt cp to all carbon fiber and cnc.

To say they are identical is a big statement. The two helicopters are in no way the same design. They are very similar in size and parts but the frame, head and tail are set up quite a bit different. The most important thing to note right off the batt is that the t-rex v2 uses direct ccpm mixing to the head for much more accurate and faster response time. The CF version of the belt cp using the exact same mixing as the original belt cp with serval links and rods to move the head. Next thing to note is the head. The t-rex head has alot less slop and flybar under the blades compared to belt cp over which makes again for faster cyclic response. The belt tension on the t-rex is also better. You notice more flow when you spool the head with your fingers, it's smooth and fast where you might notice some stiffness.

You can by all meas used a t-rex frame with the rest of parts belt cp, or put a t-rex head on a belt cp with a cp swashplate, and interchange lots of other parts. But say if you break one specific part on either heli, you can't just change that one part with the other manufacturers spare parts. The belt cp has a longer tail boom and lower gearing that t-rex.

Lots of advantages to buying a belt cp like
- cheaper parts
- lots of things easier to replace
- the whole kits itself is cheaper
- most kits come with the brushless setup
- Parts can be as easily found or even more so than t-rex
- you can use t-rex parts if you want to

The t-rex has the advantage is almost all catagories, the only really reason to buy a belt cp is the cost effectiveness of the kit or buying replacement parts for those who crash are quite a bit cheaper for belt cp. I had a crash with belt cp and only cost 50 bucks to replace almost the whole head and landing gear. If I had done it with t-rex...... I don't want to add up the total, it makes me sad. :eek:

Esky will be releasing the 2.4ghz kit sometime in the near future. So if your buying it so you have a full ready to fly package in your hands, I'd think about waiting, the new technology will be well worth the wait.

cheers

neweheliflyer 12-21-2007 04:45 PM

The Belt CP is a good helicopter ([link=http://www.linknety.com]check videos here[/link]). Trex helicopter is better than the Belt Cp but more expensive. So if money is not an issue, then go for the trex

Cyclic Hardover 12-21-2007 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ihad the AXE to start. Long story short, it got returned and money refunded. I bought the Belt and is a very good trainer. more so than the AXE. I also have the HDX on the side as a winter project. So I have my trainer while working onthe "nice" one. PS- Note the Trex gear on the HDX. 9 flights so far.

Heres my "boys"

neilt6 12-24-2007 01:37 AM

I think I'm going to have to rethink this... I don't like the idea of ordering parts from the states every time I crash (No LHS around here stocks Esky stuff). [&o] Maybe I'll go for the E-Flight Blade CP+ instead...

neilt6 12-24-2007 01:42 AM

Hmmmmm........ The CopterX 450SE V2 looks VERY familiar....... I think I've seen that box at my LHS, only it said, hmm, I think it was ALIGN T-REX on it! LOL! :D Seriously, is this a direct rebrand of align's heli?

Druss 12-24-2007 01:44 AM

I'm going to give you some advise, DO NOT get the blade cp+ or any other eflite product. crap, crap, crap.... I have a blade cp that I can't stand, the only good thing about it was the fact that it was so hard to fly that it made me a better pilot when I moved to something better.

I have 4 esky products and I don't mind ordering online at all (I've always done it so doing it for my heli's doesn't bother me). besides, you should have parts on hand, you don't want to have to go to the store everytime you crash, you want to be able to fix and be up in the air in an hour.

I've got 8 flying heli's but probably enough parts to build another 3-4. I've probably got around 40 sets of spare blades for my various heli's.

ORIGINAL: neilt6

Hmmmmm........ The CopterX 450SE V2 looks VERY familiar....... I think I've seen that box at my LHS, only it said, hmm, I think it was ALIGN T-REX on it! LOL! :D Seriously, is this a direct rebrand of align's heli?
No, it's a direct copy of the align trex 450se v2. it is NOT made by align but the quality is very similar.

beltcp flyer 12-24-2007 08:59 AM

There is a e-bay seller on e-bay that is in cannada that sells e-sky parts its veejayhobbies check it out. heres the link http://stores.ebay.com/VEEJAYHOBBIES fly safe and have fun

wheels 12-31-2007 02:08 AM

Hey Neil,

You've got an E-sky dealer maybe 30 miles from your front door, Holden RC Hobby Hangar, Perry's a great guy and I'm sure if you order something from him he'd be willing to stock some common parts, I know he was keeping parts for the E-sky cp2 around. In fact I'll be giving him a call tuesday night myself on a price for a CP belt. I pulled my cp2 out tonight after about a year of non use and it self destructed on my dining room floor, don't know what happened I hadn't touched the transmitter yet and it jumped off the table and destroyed the head and a set of blades. ANYWAY, yeah tell him Cory said to call and he'll fix you up.

Druss 12-31-2007 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: wheels

Hey Neil,

You've got an E-sky dealer maybe 30 miles from your front door, Holden RC Hobby Hangar, Perry's a great guy and I'm sure if you order something from him he'd be willing to stock some common parts, I know he was keeping parts for the E-sky cp2 around. In fact I'll be giving him a call tuesday night myself on a price for a CP belt. I pulled my cp2 out tonight after about a year of non use and it self destructed on my dining room floor, don't know what happened I hadn't touched the transmitter yet and it jumped off the table and destroyed the head and a set of blades. ANYWAY, yeah tell him Cory said to call and he'll fix you up.
you did turn ON the transmitter before plugging in the battery right?

wheels 12-31-2007 02:14 AM

yes I certainly did

Druss 12-31-2007 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: wheels

Hey Neil,

wow, I'm in Edmonton and I never even realized that someone here in AB sold esky anything. I usually order from Toronto, US or HK.

Does he carry anything other than the lama v3 and cp2?

wheels 12-31-2007 02:22 AM

He didn't last time I was out there but I took a year off the hobby and I've only stopped by once since then so I'm really not sure. Like I said though he's all about customer service and if a few or even one guy starts regularily picking stuff up I'm sure he'll bring in some stock, and I'm more than likely going to be one I'm tired of not having anything airborne to play with.

Druss 12-31-2007 02:35 AM

well, nice to know but I've already stocked up on enough parts to buid another belt cp.

on that thought, if you want to buy my stock belt cp let me know. I've also got some spare blades and other parts I'd be willing to part with if you want.

wheels 12-31-2007 02:42 AM

at this point I really don't have any idea what it's worth, how used is it?

I just decided to look into this stuff this afternoon again, and I'm not buying another heli without brushless and a belt driven tail, motor burnouts on the cp2 were a real pain in the you know what.