Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by exocet-RCU
Here is my $.02 on the LHS bidding at the auction. There were at least 4 individuals at the auction, that I know of personally, who make it a business to buy things at auctions and swap meets only to resell them on ebay. The only difference between them and the LHS in question was that people could SEE the LHS individual bidding and didn't know who the ebay individuals were. If people had known who those ebay individuals were, would they have felt the same way towards them? Not sure. I have to admit that I felt a bit frustrated when I knew that one of the ebay sellers outbid me on a product but then I thought, "He just wanted it more than I did, I guess."

The other thing is that the ebay sellers and LHS individual know what a product is worth for THEM to make a decent profit. They won't bid higher than that. So, even if you take a bid from them, you will still pay less than you would have should you go to the LHS because they aren't going to waste the time to turn it around for $5.00. They need to make it worth their while. I might be wrong but that's how I see it.
Thanks for your reasoned comments. You bring up some good points. Maybe I should have made this even more clear than I perhaps did, but this really isn't about price, at least for me. It's the customer relations blindness that has me puzzled. The Ebay guys don't have a local customer base with whom relations are key to their success. Despite it all, I'll keep going back to the auction because it's great fun, great socializing, and what better way to spend a 2 degree outside day?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:08 PM
exocet-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see your point there. It does seem a bit strange. I also agree that it is GREAT FUN both as a participant and as a volunteer. I really enjoy seeing people there that I may not have seen since last year's auction. And it isn't like I'm going to be at the field flying.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:53 PM
chadasmus

Hey guys,

Chad From Balsa USA here. We have called the numbers on the flyer for info on this event with no response yet. We would love to come out and have some fun with you all. We are trying to make it out there, only need to see if it will work out between us and the Club doing the event. Hopefully I will see you all in a few weeks!!! Until then, enjoy building and if anyone is brave enough to battle the winter, keep them in one piece!!!

Chad Asmus
Old 01-16-2015, 06:26 AM
AMA 74894

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Chad! this is for the TCRC auction?
send an email to Pat Dziuk pdziukATgmailDOTcom ..
he should reply within a couple of hours at most.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Fly2XS
My Feedback: (65)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Chad!
i sent you an email yesterday.
ill try to give you a call.
Scott

Originally Posted by chadasmus

Hey guys,

Chad From Balsa USA here. We have called the numbers on the flyer for info on this event with no response yet. We would love to come out and have some fun with you all. We are trying to make it out there, only need to see if it will work out between us and the Club doing the event. Hopefully I will see you all in a few weeks!!! Until then, enjoy building and if anyone is brave enough to battle the winter, keep them in one piece!!!

Chad Asmus
Old 01-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Heptigb

Here is list of items I'm planning on bringing

[TABLE="width: 301"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Flyline Stearman C3B 1" scale 35" wing model, this is an old Print wood kit (Cut out the part) designed for .049 power kit looks to be complete and undisturded in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Flyline Lutton Minor model 34" wing, this is an old Print wood kit (cut ot the part) designed for .049 power kit looks to be complete and undisturbed in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Miniature Aircraft kit 34" wing, this is an old Print wood kit designed for .049 power kit looks to be complete and undisturbed in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Flyline Fairchild 22 model 47" wing, this is an old Print wood kit (cut ot the part) and has some die cut parts designed for .09 to .15 power kit looks to be complete and undisturbed in the box
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Flyline Fairchild 22 model 47" wing, this is an old Print wood kit (cut ot the part) and has some die cut parts designed for .09 to .15 power kit looks to be complete and undisturbed in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Flyline Great Lakes Trainer model 40" wing, this is an old Print ood kit (cut ot the part) and has some die cut parts designed for .15 to .25 power kit looks to be complete and undisturbed in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Easy Built Waco E an eletric version of the WACO SRE 52" wing designed for .15 cobalt electric power kit is new in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]H[/TD]
[TD]Short Kit FW 56 Stosser 56" wing for 1/2 power, Kitcontains all cut wood, plans, plastic, wire, you should need to add strip stock an sheet wood[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Williams Bros 1 1/2" scale Pratt an Whitney Wasp Model Kit. Contents appear to be bagged and complete[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]Williams Bros 1/6" scale Lewis Machine Gun Model Kit. Contents in cellophane and complete[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Aristocraft Curtis Hawk FC-11 Navy Biplane Kit 48" wing. This was a pre cusor to Pilot Kits and made in Japan in the 70's. All material neatly wrapped, wood, plans, Metal Cowling , and wire appears new in the box

[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Aristocraft Grumman F3F-2 Navy Biplane Kit 48" wing. This was a pre cursor to Pilot Kits and made in Japan in the 70's. All material neatly wrapped, wood, plans, Fiberglass Cowling , and wire appears new in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Aristocraft Boeing PT 17 Biplane Kit 40" wing. This was a pre cursor to Pilot Kits and made in Japan in the 70's. All material neatly wrapped, wood, plans, Metal Cowling , and wire appears new in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]O[/TD]
[TD]Vintage Kit Aristocraft Beechcraft G17 "Stagger Wing" Biplane Kit 40" wing. This was a pre cursor to Pilot Kits and made in Japan in the 70's. All material neatly wrapped, wood, plans, wire, wheels, Metal Cowling , and wire appears new in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]PICA YMF5 1/5 scale kit new in the box as shipped to me from the company[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]OS Gemini 160 4 stroke, used but appears to be in good condition with mount , tools spares, has had the exhaust pipes extended, and instructions[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1/4 scale Bucker Jungmiester Biplane kit by Dave Platt Contains cut formers ribs etc. Plans, instructions wire, fiberglass cowl, quantity kit for an experienced builder[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]50 Sheets of 1/8', 3",36" Balsa Wood from SIG
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Saito 90 twin with 14/5 prop exact condition unknown seems to turnover with compression[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]OS 120 SE Pumped engine, appears to have bearing issues as it does not turn ove smoothly, will like need OS overhaul but should be repaiable[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]OS 70 with muffer high time engine doesn't seek to have much comperssion should just need a valve set up done.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Badger Airbrush Compressor[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]A lot of propellers abut 35 of them som long, sone short, some gas, some electric, a few fold and one has 3 blades complete with bucket[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Lot of electric motors, some old fashion stuff here make of them what you will[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Astro 112 D battery charger,when lat used was working[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Astro 110D battery charger,when lat used was working[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Hobbico Receiver transmitter battery tester[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AC[/TD]
[TD]Woodpecker covering tool[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Tower Hobbies magnetic prop balancer

[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Bucket of Airplane wheels, large to small some with spokes, some williams bros some , pair of inflatables, little of everything[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD] Hobby Lobby "Hi Start" surgical tube glider launch system with instructions[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Hobbico Accu-Cycle battery Cycler designed for flight packs and transmitter packs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Arizona Model Aircrafters Fokker DR1 ARF, not this arf mst be painted all original items in new in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Proctor Jenny, all major assemiles have be framed acoverin and mechanical details are still to be done[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD] 3 Sea bees/KW Bleriot 11 ARF in good unflown condition, aircraft is $899on the 3 Seabees website[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Hobbico Accu-Cycle battery Cycler designed for flight packs and transmitter packs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Arizona Model Aircrafters Fokker DR1 ARF, not this arf mst be painted all original items in new in the box[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Top Flite 1/5 scale Piper Cub Includes floats and wheels[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD] 3 Sea bees/KW BE2c ARF in good flown condition, aircraft is $1299 on the 3 Seabees website, soft bodied pilot, some servos in place[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]De Havilland Tigermoth in a prewar trainer scheme, flow on 1.2 4 stoke includes photos of the real plane

[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Bowlus Baby Albatross fun scale glider[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]DB 1/8 scale 40" Sopwith Pup desigined for e power has .15 cobalt and servos in place[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Dare JN4 "Jenny" 30 inch wing designed for indoor flight and small epower[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1/6 scale Fokker D7 new in the box with plans and limited hardware[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]WACO UPF7 Arf 40" has servos in place and has mount for OS .40 four stroke[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]OS .40 Four Stoke with tools and muffler un run appears as new[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]OS .1.20 Four Stoke with flex pipe and muffler turns over nicely appears to be in good shape[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Airtonics radio channel 15 with transmitter, receiver, flight pack and 4 servos[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Airtonics radio channel 17with transmitter, receiver, flight pack and 4 servos[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Airtonics radio channel 21 with transmitter, receiver, flight pack and 4 servos[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Airtonics radio channel 27 with transmitter, receiver, flight pack and 4 servos[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 01-20-2015, 03:31 PM
flyingt5150

Hi everyone, I am looking forward to the auction. I will be selling a pair of hangar 9 floats.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:10 AM
exocet-RCU

Good news, everyone. Balsa USA will be joining us at the TCRC Auction this year. Welcome Chad and company! We look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:12 PM
flyingt5150

I will be selling at the auction a vintage Pilot Models Lake Buccanneer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	944.9 KB
ID:	2067407   Click image for larger version

Views:	84
Size:	982.7 KB
ID:	2067410  
Old 01-25-2015, 05:13 AM
Fly2XS

The 2015 Auction (Feb.7,2015) looks like it's going to be ripe with terrific aircraft and engines for everyone!
i expect to see a lot of great looking electrics!

Have you made plans to attend?

Views:	682
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	2067567  

Last edited by Fly2XS; 01-25-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:31 PM
Pull Up Now!

Looking forward very much to the auction 2015! I'm sure Chad won't be bidding against us! . Looking for a good flying boat for the lake, and any turbine or EDF jets.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:16 AM
at6 flyer

Smile List of Items I'll be bringing to the Auction Seller ID 335

1 - TBM P51 Gunfighter Mustang - Saitio 150 4 stroke engine, Sierra Retracts for the main wheels, all servos and batteries. only missing receiver
2 - Duraplane Trainer 20 Kit - NIB no missing parts!
3 - US 41 gas engine w/spring starter also included 4 props for this engine (Used one season)
4 - Hitec CG-330 12VDC Battery Charger - NIB
5 - Accupoint Laser Incidence Meter - used once
6 - Top-Flite Giant Scale P-47 Razorback Canopy - NIB
7 - Top-Flite Giant Scale P-51 Static Prop with 5 inch P-51 Spinner
8 - Ziroli 5.5 inch wheels with aluminum hubs with the axles - never used
9 - Box of assorted new spinners 2 1/4 inch and wheels some new and used
10 - 60-120 size floats

Still looking in basement - maybe some additional items

Name:	100_5757.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	2069799  

Last edited by at6 flyer; 02-02-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:34 PM
LandenTD

Any electric 600 size heli's BNF going to be up for sale? I'm in Sioux City, Iowa but thinking about making the drive
Old 02-06-2015, 12:57 PM
loopyrc

I am also looking forward to the auction tomorrow.
To me the auction represents spring flying is right around the corner.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:25 PM
PipeMajor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's what I'm bringing to peddle:

* Sig 4-Star 60 ARF w/Saito 100 and 5 Futaba S3004 BB servos

* Hangar 9 UltraStick 40 ARF w/ Saito 62 and 7 Futaba S3004 servos

* Great Planes Ultimate 3D Bipe ARF (36") w/RimFire 35-30 950KV and 4 Futaba S3114 servos (this thing is CUTE!)

* E-Flite P-40 300 w/Park 300 and 10A ESC, 2 HiTec HS-55 servos

* Mint Futaba 9CA Super TX w/charger, Futaba TP-FSM synthesized 72MHtz module (select ANY channel), R319DPS synthesized RX, Spectrum DM8 2.4GHtz module and DSC cable

* Electrifly Triton Charger/Discharger w/thermal probe (works perfectly)

* NIB Futaba T4YF Skysport Buddy Box and 3 sets of trainer cables. This is a non-transmitting buddy box only. Use for trainer or simulator.

Oh yeah, and a wad of cash!
Old 02-08-2015, 05:52 PM
exocet-RCU

Thank you all for attending the auction. It was a lot of fun. Just a quick note of thanks to Balsa USA for joining us along with our local vendors, Hobby Warehouse and Sky Hobby. A note to all the sellers, I completed the books and wrote the checks today. They are already at the post office. You should be getting them in the next few days.

Tim
Old 12-30-2015, 08:49 AM
Love2FlyMN

Are people going to post items for the 2016 auction on this thread?
Old 12-30-2015, 11:10 AM
Fly2XS

Originally Posted by Love2FlyMN
Are people going to post items for the 2016 auction on this thread?
I am sure some people will post here!
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the 2016 TCRC Auction in February!

Name:	ScottP47_8647.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	2138584  
Old 12-30-2015, 02:00 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Is this a swap meet with auction? or auction exclusively?
Does it typically last a couple hours? or most of a day?
Just curious if it was worth the drive, haven't been to it before.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Love2FlyMN

I have never been to it, but from what I've heard it's probably worth the drive.
I'm excited to go this year.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:13 PM
Fly2XS

Originally Posted by foodstick
This is one of the largest auctions in the region. Last year we sold from 9:30 to 6:30 non-stop.
Look up on www.TCRCOnLine.com for more information!

Scott

Last edited by Fly2XS; 12-30-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:08 AM
Vintauri
My Feedback: (25)

Originally Posted by foodstick

It's well worth the day with lots of deals all day long. However I go just to heckle the auctioneers!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Fly2XS

Originally Posted by Vintauri
It's well worth the day with lots of deals all day long. However I go just to heckle the auctioneers!
I love the characters that come out and spend the day!

By the way w
e are making some changes to the Auction this year to make it easier and faster:

1. Credit cards will be accepted at checkout for all items purchased.
2. Silent auction for 30 items with a reserve of $150.00 or more. Same buy back fees or sale fees will apply.
3. Bargain table for items of $20.00 or $30.00, same minimum of $5.00 selling fee applies.
4. All items will be charged a fee whether sold or not.
5. Check in will start at 7:00 a.m. Viewing will be at 8:15 and auction will start at 9:00. These changes were made to hopefully shorten the timeframe of the auction.

Last edited by Fly2XS; 01-01-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Pull Up Now!

Originally Posted by Vintauri
Yeah, especially that Scott guy.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Fly2XS

Here are some images from previous auctions!
We usually fill 3 rooms with airplanes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.