Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

GAMA Swap meet Perry GA

Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 PM
WGRoper
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAMA Swap meet Perry GA

ORIGINAL: F.Ciccarello

Well guy's it's Perry time.......I'll have mostly electric planes this year to sell... I have one Kondor models P-38 the red YIPPEE. airframe with robart retracts.... nice twin for someone. not me..I'll be there Thursday around 3:00 pm.. see ya there. Miller Murphy Howard building tables U and V -8.
Hey neighbor! I've got the block of tables next to you for our club members. I'll be close by with my vinyl cutter at W-78.

Can't wait to see that P-38.

-Greg
Old 03-01-2011, 02:22 PM
F.Ciccarello
My Feedback: (60)

hi Greg, looking forward to meet you.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:06 AM
madmaxx11
My Feedback: (51)

They are forcasting rain for Friday and Saturday. Might hurt the outdoor flying but the meet will still be great like always. Can't wait!!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Hmm just looked on weather.com and Friday is shown as 68 and cloudy chance of precip only 20% and Saturday is 72 with isolated t-storms.. precip chance only 30%
Old 03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
tailwheel234
My Feedback: (1)

The Kentucky Boys are on the way!!! I think a couple of our guys are bringing some big deals on some HUGE planes!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Brandon15

Old 03-03-2011, 05:33 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to find a good deal on a 3 meter comp arf extra!!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Well Fellas,
Another Southeastern Model Show is in the books! All ready looking forward to next year! Here are four pics, that's all I could take as I couldn't hardly get away from my table. Somehow ended up buying two new planes, an ESM Storch and a 60" Fokker Dr1. This was a very good show and some really nice planes went for very reasonable prices. It was also great getting to speak with our AMA leadership (Dave Matthewson and Bliss Teague). As always GAMA put on a helluva show! On a sour note, I had a set of retracts taken from my table without even the courtesy of a "thank you" from the thief! Oh well, hope whatever they put them on has a short expiration date!

Happy Flying!

Loopman

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	if10416.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1574191   Click image for larger version

Name:	qo39010.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	1574192   Click image for larger version

Name:	ki18690.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	1574193   Click image for larger version

Name:	sq45983.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1574194  
Old 03-06-2011, 08:49 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Corsair!!!! Wish I could have went!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:28 AM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To me this year seemed to not have as many people as in the past. I had several empty tables around me in the Miller Murphy Hoawrd building. I sold about half of the items I brought mostly kits and one framed up F-82. Had several interested lookers at the Staggerwing and PBY-5A but no takers. There were three other stock Top Flite Staggerwings for sale and at least one of them sold. I came away with a large AD5 Skyraider from Kellogg plans and a Byron T-28. I could not load the T-28 until I rearranged the truck so it sat at my table all day Friday, lots of inquireies as to how much I wanted but it was not for sale. I was hoping to sell the PBY and Staggerwing as I was unsure if I could get everything in my truck. My flying friends had a trailer but between the eleven of them they pretty much filled the trailer up. ALl in all I thought this was a good show, the gas prices, rain, and six dollar sausage dogs sis not keep me from having a great time. Will be back next year.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a great time too. I think the attendance on Friday was probably about where it has been in years past, but the Saturday crowd was a little off. It was a definite buyer's market this year, and you could buy anything you wanted at whatever price you wanted to pay. I ended up selling almost everything I took, and scored a couple of deals too.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pkoury

To me this year seemed to not have as many people as in the past. I had several empty tables around me in the Miller Murphy Hoawrd building. I sold about half of the items I brought mostly kits and one framed up F-82. Had several interested lookers at the Staggerwing and PBY-5A but no takers. There were three other stock Top Flite Staggerwings for sale and at least one of them sold. I came away with a large AD5 Skyraider from Kellogg plans and a Byron T-28. I could not load the T-28 until I rearranged the truck so it sat at my table all day Friday, lots of inquireies as to how much I wanted but it was not for sale. I was hoping to sell the PBY and Staggerwing as I was unsure if I could get everything in my truck. My flying friends had a trailer but between the eleven of them they pretty much filled the trailer up. ALl in all I thought this was a good show, the gas prices, rain, and six dollar sausage dogs sis not keep me from having a great time. Will be back next year.
Many peopl no longer have a job. In my case i have three in college. Pockets are empty.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 AM
clpahodges
My Feedback: (3)

I had a great time other than that the fact that the rain prevented any outdoor flying. I took a shopping list this year and found everything on the list plus some good buys on a few "nice to have" items. Also ran into a few people that I don't get to see very often.

Already looking forward to next year.

Bill Hodges
St. Augustine, FL
Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Sky Dart1
My Feedback: (6)

I agree, it seemed to be a buyer's market, but I sold almost everything and ended up buying a NIB Great Planes DR 1 and some other stuff I really needed. Met some really nice folks and renewed some old friendships. As always, I can't wait 'til next year. I thought the GAMA folks did another outstanding job of hosting.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a great time as well. Too bad it rained all weekend. I have a slightly different opinion of the "buyers market", at least as far as kits go. I have been looking for an Astro hog kit (NIB) for quite a while. I ran into 4. Keep in mind this kit is still in production for about $100. One person wanted $150! I ran away. Another wanted $90, which was his lowest price after coming down from $100. The hobby shop in the small building had one for $90. I finally found one for $75.

I did manage to snag a Great Planes Super Sportster .60 NIB for $50. I was shocked considering that most conventional kits are marked up pretty high. $225 for a super aeromaster? Yikes.

I walked away with some bargains on hardware and props. I'll be there next year.