Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

WRAMS Show-2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 12:56 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRAMS Show-2012

What's the verdict on this year's WRAMS Show?
Old 02-26-2012, 02:49 PM
PATJIMS

Default RE: WRAMS Show-2012

BEST SHOW IN A LONG TIME. GOOD MOVE.
VEDORS CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
Old 02-27-2012, 05:21 AM
cstevenpeterson
My Feedback: (21)

I hope that the new venue will allow the show to grow again to what it once was. The economy has not been a big help either - hopefully for all of us, that will also improve. I always like to see what the manufacturers/distributors have to show and what may be over the horizon. The past few years have been anemic with respect to the presence of the larger suppliers. That being said, it seemed a bit better this year. I was impressed with Robart's booth and Sullivan was there with a nice setup as usual. Some of the booths remain small and one absence I noted was Dave Brown Products. Although I like to pick up a "deal or two" at these events, in my opinion, I generally felt there were too many vendors peddling low quality merchanidse and not enough of the manufacturers showing their products. The static display and boat pond were great. It was also nice not having to pay for parking and bridge tolls!

Steve
Old 02-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Previously to this year's show. I had been to it twice. Once at the raceway and once in White Plains. I did not like the venue at White Plains, it was too much of a PIA to get to, lousy parking and not a good turnout of the vendors. This year was an excellent turn around. There's plenty of room for expansion and hopefully it will be a top show again. The WRAMS did good this year.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM
scalerc

Well if this years show was an improvement from years past it is a sorry state of affairs. I was at the Wram show about 10 years ago in White Plains, yes a pain to get to and the parking awful, but I remember it was a good show. I was in Jersey over the weekend so decided to go since I was in town, what a disapointment. except for a few quality vendors, I think the show was a complete flop. Some vendors had booths but no merchandise. I also attended the AMA show this year like I do every year and it is way better then WRAM. In my opinion WRAM needs to improve or just shut the show down as it is a waste of good floor space The venue was only half full.