Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Perry Swap Meet

Old 03-03-2013, 04:01 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Perry Swap Meet

A first for me at Perry this year, I actually sold more than I bought! As soon as I got home and got on the internet I remedied that situation fast. Kind of fun to spend "house" money.

Anyhow, another great event. Saw lots of friends and lots of great stuff. Seemed like the prices in general were also pretty good since most sellers realize buyers are looking for a bargin (or else something they just can't live without).

Looking forward to next year.

Craig

Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 AM
F.Ciccarello
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perry 2013 .......man i put in some long hours Friday can't complain though. Friday was a good day for me i sold 2 nice electric plane's
and several small items. Saturday not so good I gave a biplane to a guy for free he was happy. [8D]
Old 03-03-2013, 08:23 PM
ckreef

I sold one plane, a Dx6i and traded one plane. I came home w/ three planes, some parts and still pocketed $50. I like my hanger more after Perry then before Perry. My son also bought a scap metal Alien figurine that is totally bad arse.

I tried to post pictures but RCU ........................

Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: 52larry52

Just got home from Perry, I sold three airplanes, six kits, two simulators, and lots of parts and trinkets. All the items of any consequence that I took sold. I was willing to cut prices and wheel and deal to get items sold that I just didn't want to bring home. End result was that I was able to buy a nice new just test flown Pacific Aeromodels Knockabout low wing sport plane and return with a pocket full of cash. Out with the old, in with the new, and some extra loot to boot!!! I love Perry!!!! Hope everyone else did as well and had a good time in the process. See you next year.
Hey larry, didn't see you there, I came back with four planes lol.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:51 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

t-max97, How you doing, I didn't see you either, in fact I only saw 1 guy from Taildraggers and he is an ex member. How is your flying progressing? Have you flown that fax U.S. Air Force high wing plane I sold you yet? And what did you buy at Perry? Hope your doing well. Regards, 52larry52
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
t-max97

t-max97, How you doing, I didn't see you either, in fact I only saw 1 guy from Taildraggers and he is an ex member. How is your flying progressing? Have you flown that fax U.S. Air Force high wing plane I sold you yet? And what did you buy at Perry? Hope your doing well. Regards, 52larry52
I took it to the field once and as soon as I got it up maybe 30 ft the engine cut off so I had to dead stick land it but it was perfectly fine so we started it again, it ran fine so I took off, it dead sticked again I landed ok but the little steering arm on the front broke so I had to wait to get another one, the plane and the engine are fine it was just a tuning problem but I haven't taken it back yet. I did fix the other trainer that guy crashed and I soloed it at a friends house, it flew great and I managed to land it fine. I bought a big stik .40 size new rtf besides rx/tx and a used but good shape .40 size super sportster, the guy I bought the big stik from gave me some old trainer and a koas that are in rougher shape but I'm in the process of fixing and recovering them both. Im hopefully going to start flying more often when the weather gets better.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

T-max, If I remember right, that plane had a Super Tiger 40 in it. I found with Super Tigers that they "like" to be warmed up before take off. Run it on the ground for 45 secs or so to get some heat in it and then reset the main needle valve just a little on the rich side, a 1/4 to 1/2 turn richer that peak RPM. They tend to lean out in flight and then dead stick. By setting it "richer" that you would with say an O.S. engine you will stop the dead stick problem. Super Tigers are not as "user friendly" (not as easy to tune) and require more accurate tuning than some others but when you learn to find the sweet spot they put out a lot of power for their size. Leaning out after take off is your problem, make it richer. Don't know when or if I'll be back up to Taildraggers field as I'am flying closer to my home now or I would arrange to meet you and help. Let me know how it goes. 52larry52
Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 PM
t-max97

T-max, If I remember right, that plane had a Super Tiger 40 in it. I found with Super Tigers that they ''like'' to be warmed up before take off. Run it on the ground for 45 secs or so to get some heat in it and then reset the main needle valve just a little on the rich side, a 1/4 to 1/2 turn richer that peak RPM. They tend to lean out in flight and then dead stick. By setting it ''richer'' that you would with say an O.S. engine you will stop the dead stick problem. Super Tigers are not as ''user friendly'' (not as easy to tune) and require more accurate tuning than some others but when you learn to find the sweet spot they put out a lot of power for their size. Leaning out after take off is your problem, make it richer. Don't know when or if I'll be back up to Taildraggers field as I'am flying closer to my home now or I would arrange to meet you and help. Let me know how it goes. 52larry52
Yes it does, thanks for the tips it sounds exactly like what it did, Iv'e been tuning car/truck engines alot longer than iv'e had planes so it shouldn't be too difficult to get it set right lol. Next time I fly it "should be fairly soon if the weather permits" Ill let you know how it goes.