Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Warbirds over Tampa - Triple Creek RC - August 17 - Riverview, FL

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Warbirds over Tampa - Triple Creek RC - August 17 - Riverview, FL

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 04:59 PM
greg@triple-c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warbirds over Tampa - Triple Creek RC - August 17 - Riverview, FL

The Triple Creek RC Club will be hosting "Warbirds Over Tampa" on Saturday August 17th in Riverview Florida.

We have electricity for charging at all stations in our large covered pit area, a 350 foot paved runway and a beautiful, unobstructed field to fly in. Food will be available on-site and venders are welcome.

Fuel/Gas/Electric are all welcome.

The field is located at 12705 Balm-Boyette Road, in Riverview. Visit www.triplecreekRC.com for directions.

We hope to see you there!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Wu60466.pdf (355.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Warbirds over Tampa - Triple Creek RC - August 17 - Riverview, FL

Hope you get dryer weather than the last time I was there

Great field, great people, you won't regret visiting these guys.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:36 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope we get drier weather just so I can mow. I am not a TC member but do live real close by. It is a real nice field with nice amenities. I'll be there to watch.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM
greg@triple-c

Thanks Andy and Robert...

Hopefully we won't be getting threatened by a tropical storm or depression on the 17th....

We seem to be getting back into the normal afternoon thunderstorm cycle again... There is still standing water in the pastures around the club but thankfully when the club itself was cleared and graded they did a great job on sloping the entire area so we have super drainage... We generally do not get standing water on the airfield....

Looking forward to seeing you both there... look for the big guy with the camera.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Warbirdbob

Can't wait! Wx should be good in the AM so I'm bringing out the hangar. TCRC does such a great job putting on these events. This one will be special as it will help benefit the Wounded Warrior Project! See you there!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:29 PM
greg@triple-c

We are looking forward to having a good turnout. Channel 13 got the video they took at the club on the 6 o'clock newscast today.

With the early start we will likely wrap up most of the official events by 1:00 pm and will have the field available for open flying for as long as flyers wish to stay and the weather cooperates.

Greg
Old 08-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Warbirdbob

Yeah, the kids were excited to see themselves on the news too. i had no idea what they said until the airing. Hopefully my daughters plug for more women will increase membership...lol.

BTW, I plan to be there to help around 0730.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:17 PM
greg@triple-c

7:30... I hope someone brings donuts....

I was at the club pretty much all day today. A lot of members turned out Friday morning and got a majority of the prep work done but there may be a few more things to take care of in the morning. Most everything else was done by about 2:30. I hung around and flew until about 5. I was the only one flying but I had a couple of folks stop in asking about the event and Steve S. came by after work.

It could turn into a busy event. Hopefully the weather will be as nice as today!!