Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Wintonbury Flying Club Electric Fun Fly, Bloomfield CT, 7-12 and 7-13

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Wintonbury Flying Club Electric Fun Fly, Bloomfield CT, 7-12 and 7-13

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wintonbury Flying Club Electric Fun Fly, Bloomfield CT, 7-12 and 7-13

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
07-12-2014 to 07-13-2014 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day.
Looking forward to our annual Electric Fun Fly, one of our club's signature event. We've continued to change things up from year to year, and this time we're all going to be able to get in on the fun. We have a vendor taking care of the food, so everyone can fly!

At noontime we'll have at least one demonstration flight (I'm hoping for the giant scale A-10 that flew last year), as well a RC combat contest. Last year was the first time we tried this and it was a HUGE hit. Well throw in a contest or two, not sure what yet, but it will be fun! And of course, we'll have our candy and toy drop for all the kids present.

In keeping with our desire to promote local RC vendors, we are thrilled to host none other than COREMAN from RC CORES from nearby Massachusetts. We can't wait to see the goodies he's bringing for sale, the smaller foamies have really taken off at our field lately. Here is a link to his site:

http://www.racores.com/

Some other vendors have been generous in donating some items for our raffle.

Time Machine of Manchester, CT.

http://www.timemachinehobby.com/

They have always come through with something for our shows. They recently revamped their RC department and really opened the place up. They offer a 10% discount on your total purchase if you are AMA.

ChinaHobbyLine.com

http://www.chinahobbyline.com/

I've been dealing with Jason from this company for about two years now. Love the batteries I get, almost can't be beaten price wise, and they all come with battery connectors already soldered on. Last year he sent some extra batteries along with an order since he made a mistake on the prior order. I hate bugging vendors from freebies, so this year we made a deal. I would buy my quarterly purchase of batteries, and he would match the purchase with batteries and shirts and lipo bags. In addition, I had some business cards made for the event which entitle the owner to free shipping on their next order. Jason used to ship out of Beverly Hills, CA and China, but I believe his new operation is in Atlanta. I've never waited more than 3 days for my batteries, and he always adds something in there like double A batteries or a lipo bag. His company also started doing custom orders for lipos.

Sawn-Craft.com

http://sawn-craft.com/micro-f-22.html

Jonathan Sawn started this company recently and has some great planes. They come in both kit and RTF configurations. He flies at a local club and we met at this electric event a few years ago. He was kind enough to donate an micro F-22 kit after a recent demonstration at our club house. These fly great indoors, extremely maneuverable and use 1S 160-180 mAh batteries.

As always, this event is free to all who attend. You will need an AMA card and something electric to fly however.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 Electric Meet.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	2011143  

Last edited by porcia83; 07-03-2014 at 07:36 AM.