Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Fort Worth Thunderbirds Summer Float Fly, Lake Worth, TX, Aug 3

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Fort Worth Thunderbirds Summer Float Fly, Lake Worth, TX, Aug 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fort Worth Thunderbirds Summer Float Fly, Lake Worth, TX, Aug 3

I want to extend a special invitation to any and all folks with float planes, seaplanes or any model that flys off water to come to the Fort Worth Thunderbirds Summer Float Fly on August 3. The site is Camp Joy Park on Lake Worth. The site is about 10 minutes east of Loop 820 in west Fort Worth, on the northwest shore of Lake Worth.

GPS Coordinates: 32.813669, -97.49186

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...7%2C-97.491689

Event hours are 9 till until it gets too hot to have much fun... Even in the heat of August, we usually fly until at least 2-3PM or later. Lots of great shade in the park, right next to the water.

Entry Fee is $20.00 and it includes lunch for the pilot. There will be a raffle!

This event is open to all types of power, be it gas, glow or electric. There will be special awards for various type of electric seaplane models: Best Military Seaplane, Best Civilian Seaplane and Best Sport Seaplane Model. There will also be awards for both electric and gas/glow models, so bring both if you have them!

We are also considering a Technical Achievment award for innovative work in seaplane design, contruction or operation. This award will be open to all types of power.

Retrieval boats will be available for those occasional unlucky models that need a retrieve.

Will post links to some of the past events to show some of the great seaplane action that we have at this event. The Camp Joy seaplane site is superb!

Please, put this on your calender for August 3, 2013! Email me with any questions at [email protected].

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Keep an eye out for updates!