Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

West Michigan Jet Rally - June 9-11

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

West Michigan Jet Rally - June 9-11

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default West Michigan Jet Rally - June 9-11

The Lake County Modelers Flyers is hosting the third annual West Michigan Jet Rally June 9-11. Attached is a flier. Accommodations are listed on page 2 of the flier. Accommodations are < 1/2 mile away. Onsite camping is also available.

We have a 3800' paved runway with paved taxiways and pit row. Sun to your back all day. See the attached flier for more details. Typically we have 20-30 pilots. Loads of fun and lots of stick time for all.
Attached Files
Old 03-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Len Todd

Well, ... The fliers for the rally went out last week. The snow has melted, and we are headed out tomorrow to check out the asphalt main runway, RC Taxiways and Pit Row. Hopefully the grass runways, fiber mat and car track are still in good shape after this past winter.

We have a couple site mods in the works and the guys are already gettin' itchy to get out there and start construction.

www.lcmfa.com or [email protected] for more info.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Miller6386

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Glad to see some local events to attend!
Old 03-09-2016, 04:47 AM
Len Todd

LCMFA does 4 formal flying events each year (i.e. West Mi Jet Rally second weekend in June, West MI RC Expo second weekend in July, Lake County Outdoor Expo third Weekend in August and West MI Soar In second weekend in September.) Also, if there isn't some other regional event that we are flying at on the other weekends, we often have several Jet Guys show up on Saturdays, give or take weather, for Mini Rallies. Then we have every Sunday and Wednesday evenings that we are out there which are open for the local public to come on in and visit. We have taught several of our local folks and kids how to fly during these evenings. Then there are the RC Car activities. So, ... for the local folks, there is a lot going on at the site.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Len Todd

Just in case some folks are wondering about our Flying site, Here is a video that was taken last year, Unfortunately, we got dumped on a couple times. However, the pilots still got in several hundred flights last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21J7poYe4pQ&feature=youtu.be
Old 03-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Len Todd

Looks Global Jet Club is one of our sponsors. This will surely add to the pilot prizes. (I know Ken!)
Old 03-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Miller6386

Really looking forward to getting out there for the RC expo again this year. I hope they do some work to make the car/truck aspect a little better. I have a few 1/10th scale trucks I love to run. I would like to be able to get them out this year.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:09 AM
Len Todd

We run 1/10th scale all the time out there. As a matter of fact, there were two folks out there yesterday with 1/10th scale cars. So ,... I am not sure what specific improvements you would like to see. As always, we allow folks to help make the site better. If you have some specific ideas for improvements and/or would like to help implement these improvements please feel free to let one of us know. While our main interest is not RC Cars, we are all ears about how we can make the RC Car Track better.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Miller6386

Originally Posted by Len Todd
We run 1/10th scale all the time out there. As a matter of fact, there were two folks out there yesterday with 1/10th scale cars. So ,... I am not sure what specific improvements you would like to see. As always, we allow folks to help make the site better. If you have some specific ideas for improvements and/or would like to help implement these improvements please feel free to let one of us know. While our main interest is not RC Cars, we are all ears about how we can make the RC Car Track better.
I hope I didn't sound disrespectful because I didn't mean to... I was referring to last years RC Expo out there... I know they had the track set up up front but it appeared far to small for larger trucks....

I am really getting into the trucks... I have a T Maxx 3.3, Saturday I bought a 2wd electric Slash, and today I ordered a 2wd Nitro Slash all in 1/10 scale... I am from Muskegon but spend a lot of time in White Cloud and Walkerville. I am always looking for places to run close to any of these...

I would be all about helping any way I can... I would love to see a good turn out of cars and trucks there....

I am looking at getting an E flite Apprentice and trying my hand at the airplane side of things....
Old 03-29-2016, 04:11 AM
Len Todd

No problem on this end. The RC Car track is a sideline for the club. We use it mostly for the school programs. But we always have it open at air events. Not being RC Car enthusiast, we are always looking for new ideas on how to improve the track. Being a geographically diverse club we are also looking for folks to take charge and make improvements happen. The Jet Guys already have two expansion projects going on this year. We are extending the asphalt pit row and laying startup pads near the main runway.

If you need some help learning to fly, we have several club Apprentices and several buddy box setups. We are open to the public on Sunday and Wednesday evenings + bad weather. We taught several folks to fly last years and have a couple students in the works this year.

There is more info on www.lcmfa.com .
Old 04-02-2016, 07:44 AM
Miller6386

We are really looking forward to heading out this year. Looking at getting a plane still but we will for sure be out there ready to try out the track.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:46 AM
Len Todd

Default West MI Jet Rally June 9-11

Well, ... We are actually "gearing up" for the Event. The asphalt Pit Row extensions are scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully 200' of Pit Row will handle us.

Got a crew coming in this Saturday to finish up the grounds around the new asphalt. Got to check out the sound system this week yet. Bring your music. If you don't, the complaint department closes on June 8.

Is anybody interested in renting tent space on Pit Row? Jon Stotz may just have a bit of space for rent. If you are interested, please contact him at [email protected] .

Also, I understand we have several new pilots coming in for the event. We have all our sponsors listed on our web site www.LCMFA.com. On the Sponsor Page, the Motels are listed. The motel owners are starting to get reservations for the event. There are only three motels to choose from, so I would not wait on a reservation. If you get into trouble here, please feel free to call me for help. 907 903 3569.

We have 5 flying events at the RC Park this year. Check out the attached flier.

Remember, ... At the Baldwin RC Park, all crashes have to be pre-scheduled!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LCMFA summer 2016 events.pdf (154.0 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Len Todd

Here is a link to a video of the site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21J7poYe4pQ&feature=youtu.be

There are a lot of Pics of past events on our web site www.lcmfa.com

Here is a detailed Jet Rally Flier
Attached Files
Old 07-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Miller6386

We are looking forward to next weekend. We have about 8 of us going. I took some vacation time if weather permits we are going to do Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to it!