Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Thunderbirds 24th Annual Swap Meet - Kalamazoo, MI

Old 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM
skylane42

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Thunderbirds 24th Annual Swap Meet - Kalamazoo, MI

The Kalamazoo Thunderbirds R/C Club will hold their annual RC & Hobby Swap Meet on April 22, 2017. Event will be at the Kalamazoo Wings Event Center, 3600 VanRick Dr south of I-94 exit 80. Over 120 tables, event center snack bar will provide food and drink. Doors open at 8AM for vendors and 9AM for general admission. All table rentals include one free admission. Tables are $15/$18 pre- paid and $18/$20 at the door. We will be in a hockey rink so plenty of seating around the main floor. All hobbies are invited, trains, slot car etc.

General admission is $5, children under 12 Free. Plenty of free parking. The swap ends at 3PM.

For reservations contact Luis at 269-823-4044 or email Espinel@ameritech.net

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wings1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	2206272   swap2017big.pdf  

Last edited by skylane42; 03-20-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:08 PM
skylane42

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Only a week away! Get your tables now! We will also have a working model train layout and a working slot car drag strip ....
Old 04-23-2017, 05:54 AM
skylane42

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Swap Report

Our 2017 Swap Meet was held and turned out pretty good. Lots of deals and dealing. We had the same problem that many of the swap meets seem to be having, lower general admission. Because the venue is pretty good size and the isles had lots of walking room, it may have seemed not that busy. We had about 200 general admission visitors, which isn`t too bad. Past years have seen at least double that.

We tried really hard to find ways to get more people in the front door but it is a challenge. If you have any ideas that would help improve the front door traffic, I sure would like to hear about them. We did sell out over 117 tables for vendors. The slot car drag strip was enjoyed by those who wanted to give it a try. I did miss some items that walked away while attending my own tables.

Thanks you to all who did travel to Kalamazoo to buy and sell.
Thanks to all the club members who helped set-up and tear down.
Thanks to Luis for a great job as CD.

Search this Thread