Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

West MI RC Expo - 2018

Old 03-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Len Todd

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default West MI RC Expo - 2018

This year, the West Michigan RC Expo will be held on July 12-14 at the Baldwin Airport RC Park. I attached a flier for the event. We have several activities taking place this year. There will be an RC air show, fun-flying and buddy box training for family members. We have two turf runways, a fiber mat for smaller planes and a 3800' asphalt runway for the Main Event area. No matter which way the wind blows, we have you covered. So bring all your toys. We can handle Jets and Giants to Ultra-micros. We will even have a drone racing course set up for you to give FPV Racing a try. We may even have the new, greatly expanded car track available. Don't have any RC Cars? Bring the kids and try our cars! We also have a couple Realflight Simulators set up in the Main Event area. Free onsite camping. Food service provided by Dave's Riverside Café. Motels and full service camping located within 1/2 mile of RC Park. The Baldwin RC Park is located ~ 1 mile south of Baldwin Michigan on M-37. Typically there are several jet pilots that show. If you have not seen jets yet, the West MI RC Expo is the time to come and see it all! This is a family oriented event. Bring a cooler and a chair. But if you forget, we have bleachers and Dave can fix you and the kids up with some cool beverages. Come fly with the sun to your back all day at the West Michigan RC Expo!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	003 West Mi RC Expo Flier 2018 R1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	2256837  
Old 04-15-2018, 09:26 AM
Len Todd

Here is a 2016 video showing the site. We have since added 100' to the paved Pit Row and startup pads:

Here is a sample of what went on during last year's maiden and test flight day (Thursday):

Old 04-16-2018, 06:30 AM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have to plow the snow off the field.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:52 AM
Len Todd

Couple weeks ago we were flying jets and sunbathing. Today I started up the snow machine and took a ride. Yesterday, my 97 year-old mother was looking for Al Gore's Tx# to help him out with his global warming B.S..
Old 07-07-2018, 06:12 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sure looks like you will have something for every RC enthusiast ! I am looking to go.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Len Todd

We added the West Mi Show Team's Pyrotechnic warbird scramble and RealFlight simulators in the air conditioned trailer. The new car track is huge!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Len Todd

Well the WMRCE was another excellent event put on by the LCMFA crew! Thanks to all the local members who put on the show.

Next up is the MI Jet Pilot's Boondoggle Aug 9-12. This event is a jet only event. Really laid back environment on a great flying field. Pilot's dinner Friday evening.