Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

NO BIG BIRD EVENTS @ HUNTSVILLE?

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

NO BIG BIRD EVENTS @ HUNTSVILLE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 07:53 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NO BIG BIRD EVENTS @ HUNTSVILLE?

ORIGINAL: jneesy

the field sits on city property i believe

think its an old landfill so its theirs any time they want it

Well there goes my theory!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

I am gonna be there saturday training with Andrew Smith who was the evn coordinator. I will aks him about it.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:39 PM
rcrcb25
My Feedback: (11)

Hi all, I am the one (Andrew Smith)who was supposed to hold the Big Bird this year, I know MA says Dave McGrew on the ad, he was kind enough to help me get the event sanctioned last year cause I didn't have my CD yet. When I got it I was going to have MA change the name on the ad. But before that happened the whole tennis court situation intensified as DocYates now knows creating a very tight flying zone. I thought it best to call off the event until things settled out. We now have rules in place to help keep flyovers (hopefully) from happening during both everyday flying and at events. At the events CD's are required to have a spotter at the property fence line that has radio communication with the CD. I will post the full details later on the event rules that I will have in place.
Good news though I plan to bring it back for 2006, and I hope you will all come and join us. (I hope I haven't scared ya'll off yet, we're just trying to protect our site.....)
Thanks
Andrew