Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Thistledown Fall Festival Fun-Fly -- Sept. 8, 9, and 10, 2006

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Thistledown Fall Festival Fun-Fly -- Sept. 8, 9, and 10, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:25 AM
jdetray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thistledown Fall Festival Fun-Fly -- Sept. 8, 9, and 10, 2006

Reminder: If you're flying at our event, be sure to [link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/registration/]pre-register at our web site[/link]. By doing this, you'll spend less time at the registration tent and be flying sooner.

- Jeff
[link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/]Thistledown Flyers[/link]
Old 08-30-2006, 07:59 PM
sealh4
My Feedback: (19)

This group knows how to put on a great show, i should know i am a member. Let’s start with no landing fee, no camping fees, and a free air show for all 3 days by Matt Chapman. There was even flying at night under stadium lighting. It is like nothing you have ever seen before. Everything free to the pilots. The Thistledown group and I started a perpetual trophy named the Miles Reed Life Achievement Award. Come and have the best time of your life
Old 08-31-2006, 09:49 PM
suesimion
My Feedback: (1)

Luke's RC Planes is going to award the "survivor" of the Demoliton Derby a Great Planes Fun Force Combat Plane!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE PILOTS!
Old 09-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Galloping Ghost
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: suesimion

Luke's RC Planes is going to award the "survivor" of the Demoliton Derby a Great Planes Fun Force Combat Plane!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE PILOTS!
Glad to have you onboard sponsering prizes for the Demo Derby! That's great!

We have established some basic simple rules for the event. We are limiting it to 20 oz. planes, and no high speed stuff, such as wings and so forth. Safety is the primary concern.

We'd like to break the heats down to around 10 planes per heat, then have the winners advance to the final. We will refine the rules depending on how many want to participate. This will be an awesome event and we invite everyone to dig out the old foamies in the shop and get it on under the stadium lights!!!

Scott

www.Thistledownflyers.com

Old 09-03-2006, 10:56 PM
jdetray

If you haven't pre-registered for the Fun-Fly yet, there's still time. Why stand in line when you can be flying?

Go to the [link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/registration/]Thistledown club website[/link] and register now!

Jeff D
Thistledown Web Master
Old 09-06-2006, 11:28 AM
jdetray

Update from Thistledown Field -- Wednesday, September 6

Motor homes are pulling in, canopies are going up, the weather is great, and planes are already in the air! Pilots began arriving on Labor Day, and it looks like it's going to be a fantastic event.

There's plenty of room for everyone, so come to Napoleon, Ohio, for a great weekend of fun and flying. [link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/events/]Click here[/link] for complete details about this great event. Pilots -- you can register when you arrive, or better yet, you can [link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/registration/]register online[/link]. It only takes a couple of minutes.

- Jeff
[link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/]Thistledown Flyers[/link]
Old 09-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Plane Addicted
My Feedback: (49)

I got back from Thistledown Fall Festival Fun-Fly last night. We had a great time and the free chicken dinner for all the registered pilots was great. A truly all free for the pilots event. If you were not able to make this event plan on it for next yeat.

John
Old 09-10-2006, 05:05 PM
jdetray

Thanks, John. Our philosophy is that the pilots make the event, so you deserve to be treated well. The only thing we could not control was that nasty thunderstorm on Saturday afternoon. We'll work on that for next year!

Thanks to every pilot -- we hope to see you all again.

- Jeff D, [link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/]Thistledown Flyers[/link]
Old 09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

I was there yesterday and had fun. The night flight was fun with a lot of T's & G's.

Best regards

....ghost_rider......out........
Old 09-11-2006, 08:36 PM
sealh4
My Feedback: (19)

The Thistledown's Fall Festival, hosted by Jeff Heitman and his Dad and Assistant, Corky Heitman is a class act. I am fortunate to be a Thistledown member. It is an elite club and we are honored to be members and there is a waiting list to get in. The members work hard for this event because they love the flying site and love flying model airplanes. Thistledown is the best private club around!
We are able to get enough sponsorship, and local community backing, to pay for the event without having to charge the pilots a dime. It takes a lot of effort to put on this event, but the smiles on peoples faces makes up for all the hard work!
There are not many fly-ins where you can fly 24 hours a day under portable stadium lighting, see a full scale airshow by Matt Chapman, and get a half chicken dinner on Saturday night all for FREE!
I would like to thank everyone that came and helped us with this great event. I'd especially like to thank Ms. Thistledown, Kim Bazen and her husband Brian, who ran the concession stand, Dr. Greg Edwards for selling the raffle tickets, Peter and Sherry Beck for all of their efforts (Pete is our safety officer), Jeff Detray for our awesome website, Jamie Mendez for the parking and Dave Moro for running a smooth pilot registration. Without these people this event would not have happened. If I missed anyone I am sorry not intentional.
If you thought this year was great, the Heitmans assure me that next year will be even better! There will always be a surprise it is a show of shows!

IMAA President (Retired)
Tom Hayden