Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

RAMS Indoor Fly-In at Tacoma Airport

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

RAMS Indoor Fly-In at Tacoma Airport

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 07:19 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RAMS Indoor Fly-In at Tacoma Airport

Hey guys,
If you're like me, you know it is sometimes difficult to find a good day to fly here in the Northwest in the winter. The Radio Aero Modelers of Seattle will be hosting our second annual Indoor Fly-In at a hangar at Tacoma Narrows Airport. I have copied the announcement from our VP, Dan Neil. I'll be the Prez at the time of the Fly-In so I'm sure Dan won't mind. Most of us normally fly glow and gas but flying little electrics inside when it is storming outside is a real kick. Hope to see everyone there. I got word that flying will begin at 10am. Here is the official announcement:

2nd Annual Rams winter electric fly-in
OK, people !!!!!! I just got the word !!! We're gonna have another one !!!!!

2nd Annual RAMS Winter Indoor Electric Flyin / Swap meet.
Jan 4, 2003, a saturday.

Tacoma Narrows Airport, in Gig Harbor WA.
Fee per pilot - $3.00. no limit on planes.

Directions....... same as last year...... Oh, you weren't there last year ? OK, Here goes;

Get on I-5 towards Tacoma Wa, get off on Exit 132, onto Hwy 16.
as you see the famous Narrows Bridge, go over in the RIGHT HAND Lane. As soon as you are over the bridge, get off and go UNDER the bridge. Follow this road for about 3 miles till you get to 26th Ave NW. Turn Left here, by now you should see the airport. Follow the signs to the hanger we will be using that day.

No room for Zagi's. Plenty of room for those little electric planes. Rubber powered Aircraft are welcome also.

Unheated hanger. I will be providing a power supply / table again. This worked real well last year.

For all those who came last year, PLEASE tell all yer friends. Lets make it a nuthouse. ALot of fun was had by all.

More info will be posted later.

danhoh
Dan Neil
VP - Rams
Old 12-21-2002, 07:29 PM
danhoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't mind at all

Yeh, come on out. A great time will be had by all. After the left turn onto 26th Ave, just follow the signs to the hanger we will be using that day.

Pull up to the small door to unload. once unloaded, please move your vehicle to the parking area, so others may unload. Designated parking areas will mapped on the door.

Please remember you will be on an airport, so moving aircraft has the right of way.

SO lets all come out and have some fun

Danhoh
Dan Neil
VP - RAMS