Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

RC on TV-Outdoor Channel

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 03:23 PM
tiger5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC on TV-Outdoor Channel

Did anyone watch RC on TV on the Outdoor Channel on the 29th of Dec., if so does any one have any info on the Ready on Floats plane?
Here is a link to view the product as shown on the show.

http://www.insiderc.com/1_watershow.htm

I'm new here and to RC, so any help would be appreciated.
I live a lake and think I would like to have a plane like this, any suggestions.
Thanks,
tiger5
Old 01-02-2003, 07:44 AM
changed
Banned

Tiger5,

I did not get a chance to see the show, but I checked out the plane on the web site. It looks to be a trainer on floats. I'm not sure how new you are to R/C, so I'll just assume this would be your first airplane. I mostly fly from land, but have had some experience flying off of the water. If I was giving advice to a new pilot, I would say learn to fly off of land first. Flying a float plane is similar to one with wheels, except for takeoffs and landings. Also flying from water requires a boat to retrieve the plane if it shuts off.

Brian
Old 01-02-2003, 01:25 PM
tiger5

Thanks Brain,
I am new to RC. I have a plane on the way, a Hobby Zone Aerobird. I will play with it before I go to the water. I want to get a simulator, that seem to be the way to go for a beginner. Playing on the water won't be a problem for me, I live on the lake and the boat is at hand.
I was going to tape the show last night, and forgot to start the VCR. It is suppose to air again on Sat. at 9 CST, I'll watch it them.
Thanks for you reply.
Charles
Old 01-03-2003, 02:06 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What channel or network is this show going to be on. I live in Mich. you can email me at [email protected] Thanks John P.S. I flew off water.... it is a piece of cake with a high wing plane....like a trainer or a J3 cub
Old 01-03-2003, 08:41 AM
changed
Banned

Charles,

This hobby is all about having fun, and if you want to fly off of the water you go for it. It sounds like you have the perfect runway in your back yard. I would find an experienced rc pilot to help you. I Have a 1/3 scale J3 cub with wheels and floats, and I enjoy flying it in either configuration. Keep us informed with your progress. If your ever have any questions you can email me at
[email protected]

Brian
Old 01-04-2003, 11:31 AM
tiger5

Thanks Brian,
It will be awhile before I attempt the water with a plane. I want to try and get fairly good at flying before I try, but I think it would be a lot of fun. Kinda like my fishing, just let the boat down and go, no traveling to a lake, no unloading and loading your boat. If you get tired, come in for a while, no problem. Flying on the lake would be the same. I will put your address in my book and if I need help, I will holler.

Charles---tiger5