Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

'06 Little Rock SMALL

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 07:19 AM
hfenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Little Rock SMALL

A week from today I'll begin the 12 hour trek. I'm taking a BMJR Super Sniffer with Cox Texaco .049, a Blink with a Golden Bee, a Lacy M-10 which is the Peck Polymers peanut plan blown up tp 2X with a brushless CD-ROM motor, a GNAT 7" biplane with rudder and motor control (12mm brushless Feigao), a DWE Skeeter for indoor, and a Wattage Microflyer. See ya'll there.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:12 PM
BrykMantis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '06 Little Rock SMALL

How was your trip? I also just finished a BMJR Super Sniffer. Did you have to add a bunch of weight to the front to get the proper C.G.? I did the electric brushed version per the plans. Have't flown it yet but I plan to this week.

When I was young my Dad and I built a Super Sniffer (About 1973). It had an .049 engine on it and it flew like crazy. One time it flew so high it almost went out of sight. Thermal after thermal, it was amazing. I ran after that little guy for what seemed like miles. Finally it landed in a farmer's driveway. While we were looking in his cornfield he brought back to us.

I never forgot that plane. Now that I am 46 and building my own R/C planes I'd been thinking it would be fun to re-create that plane for my Dad (Now 75) and fly it for him with an R/C assist. (Keep it in his yard this time).

I actually got one of the first kits (bugs and all) after begging Brian for a year to blow up his Sniffer 30" to a 48".
He agreed to the 44" finally after deciding it would be easy to blow up the plans 150%.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27348.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	479836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29792.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	479837   Click image for larger version