Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Sugarland Big Bird Report:

Old 11-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Sugarland Big Bird Report:

Sugarland Big Bird Report:

Saturday November 11, 2006 saw cool temps (56 degrees) and high winds (gust to 20 MPH) in New Iberia, Louisiana. However we still managed to pull in 25 registered pilots including Blaine Austin and Eddie Weeks with his variable pitch setup! Many flights were flown without any issues. Cajun R/C, the host club, was very fortunate with sponsorship. Each pilot left with a small pilot prize. We then had a "pilots only" raffle for some model specific items such as the Aeroperfect incodence meters and Astroflight whatt meter; stuff that the general public would have no real use for. Then we held a raffle open to the public for a H9 Funtana X100, Airtronics VG6000, Dremel set, and a T-Rex heli donated by our LHS.

This event historically draws many, many spectators as we promote our event through newspapers, radio and local television. At times during the event I'm sure the pilots were out numbered with spectators 5 or 6 to 1!!!!! All in all it was a great event with alot of participation from pilots and spectators alike.

More info and a ton of pics can be found at www.cajunrcclub.com

On behalf of Cajun R/C Club, THANK YOU EVERONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A complete sponsor list: Thanks sponsors!!!!

Airtronics
Aeroperfect
Aerotech R/C Models
Astroflight
Futaba/Hobbico/Tower Hobbies,
FMA Direct
Robart Mfg.
Sullivan
Big Boys Toys
Horizon Hobby
Lanier R/C / Carl Goldberg Models
Composite ARF
Dremel
Old 12-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Fighterpilot
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Sugarland Big Bird Report:

Sorry we couldn't make it to your event; but, the weather forecast was pretty dreary and it didn't seem wise to drive for a couple of hours and not get much flying in. As you know, I always love to come fly with you guys as does the entire "Coonass Warbird Squadron". Let's hope next year will bless you guys with better weather and a much larger attendance. I'll certainly look forward to next year's event and if there is any chance of getting in some good flying, you can count on us to attend.
Regards,
Krum
Old 12-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Sugarland Big Bird Report: