Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Arianna Perez Benefit Fun Fly April 18-20, 08 Clearview Field, Argonia, KS

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Arianna Perez Benefit Fun Fly April 18-20, 08 Clearview Field, Argonia, KS

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Arianna Perez Benefit Fun Fly April 18-20, 08 Clearview Field, Argonia, KS

Guys and Gals:

Thanks to those of you that helped last year. This year we moved the location and the date so make sure to mark it on your calendars.

April 18-20, 2008 at Clearview Field, Argonia KS.

I am preparing a fun fly to benefit my Niece, Arianna Perez. She was born with a defect that left her right leg quite a bit shorter than the left leg. For the surgery / procedure, my sister and my mom have travelled from Puerto Rico to Maryland 6 times in the last 3 years. Up unitl now, my brother-in-law's medical insurance has paid all the medical bills. All we had to pay was the plane tickets and the hotel stay in Maryland.

Arianna went thru a bone enlargement procedure two years ago on the lower leg. All went fine. And she's home recovering with her leg in a cast. Last year Arianna broke her leg, and the procedure had to be postponed until her leag healed engough to continue the procedure. This year, she will have to go back and start the procedure to enlarge the upper leg. The doctors told my sister that they would prefer if they stayed in Maryland for the length of the procedure, that is about 6 months.

So I'm trying to pull of the strings that I know of to collect some money to help pay for the plane tickets, and the hotel stay. And in the event that the medical insurance runs dry.

Please send me a PM or e-mail me at rafael.flores01 at gmail.com (remove the spaces and the at) if you have any questions.

Here is a List of last year's Sponsors:
Micro Fasteners
Tower Hobbies
RTL Fasteners
Miniature Aircraft
Great Planes
FMA Direct
Callie Graphics
Duralite
V Blades
Dremel

Local Sponsors:
Clearview Field & Ken Stitt
RC Hobbies
Toby Viles
True Value
AutoZone
Long John Silver's
Kentucky Fried Chicken
ALCO
Ms. Ria's Little Angels Daycare & Lizzie Flores
Food 4 Less
McDonald's
Burger King
Embarq
David Wise
Pizza Hut
Domino's Pizza
Michael Sutherlin
The Milford Rcers Radio Control Club

A big THANK YOU goes out to the sponsors helping us on this event. Make sure you visit their websites and take a look at their product line.

The pictures below show Arianna; Arianna and her proud Uncle (Me); An XRay showing a stage of the procedure.

Thanks for your help.

Rafael
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99152.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	790968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14145.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	790969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36704.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	790970  
Old 04-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Arianna Perez Benefit Fun Fly April 18-20, 08 Clearview Field, Argonia, KS

Less than two weeks for this event. I'm going to Clearview Field this weekend to make sure all last minute details are under control.

Hope to see you there!

Rafael