Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

MONSTER PLANES USA

Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Scott Prossen

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MONSTER PLANES USA

Hey Guys,

I just pre registered for the event and saved $25 doing so! When I turned in my form Mr. Tiano informed me that it also allowed me free overnight storage of my models during the event in their tent. At some events I have paid as much as $15/nite/model. I figure I saved well over $85. Two nights for two models and the discount off registration. If you're going, do it and save all you can!

Go to www.monsterplanesusa.com print, fill out and fax back the form to Frank and you'll save a bunch too!

Who is all coming to this event? It is shaping up to be one heck of a specticle with some of the pilots and models I've heard about. So whose coming and what are you bringing?

Scott Prossen
Old 09-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Scott Prossen

Default RE: MONSTER PLANES USA

C'mon guys..........

You expect me to believe nobody is going? If you're going to fly or as a spectator chime in and let me know. I'd love to know who is all planning on going???

Scott
Old 09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Scott Prossen

Got the website wrong! Sorry about that. It's www.monsterplanes.com

Sign on to the site, register and c'mon on down for a great time!

See you there.

Scott
Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 PM
midwestpilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very dissapointed in this show... no planes over ama limits flew... I am not even sure if there were any there at all. Going to need to do a much better job next time living up to the promotion... if it gets a second shot.

If you missed it... you did not miss it.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what did you fly???????
Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Scott Prossen

MidwestPilot,

I'm sorry you feel that way. We were all dissappointed that the huge aircraft did not show. Nonetheless, I believe that this initial MPUSA was a huge success and very well done. The spectators enjoyed themselves on all levels. The general feeling I got from them was amazement. This event was to be pilot and spectator friendly and I sure think it achieved that and then some.

I don't think the promoter can control who drops out at the last minute and who does not. I believe that this event will grow into one of the nations biggest events within five years. I heard that lots of the Monster guys bagged it at the last minute to see how the first year went and would go next year if there wasn't a bunch of 20 lb airplanes and glow trainers there. There certainly wasn't so, I think they did a tremendous job and it will be better and better each year.

Disappointing? Sure. Being overly negative like you sounded? I don't agree.

I flew all day the first two days and couldn't have had a better time with the spectators, other pilots, and the event management. I think it was excellent and saw several planes that were breath taking. If you couldn't find something to marvel at then you just don't appreciate the hobby and that's okay. Maybe it's not for you.

Hats off to those that made the effort to put it together. It was fantastic and exactly what this hobby needs. Sorry some of your big guys bailed at the last minute and I know you can't control everything. Next year they will come in mass now that they know the event is first class!

Sincerely,
Scott Prossen
Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 AM
midwestpilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry... I was super amped up to see some really big stuff... and it did not happen... yes I was disappointed for sure. It was a good event as general events go but this was supposed to be more than just a general event... I did not need to travel so far to see what I saw... I was expecting a one of a kind experience... so maybe I am a bit bitter.

I will get over it