Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Houston area Toys for Tots

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Houston area Toys for Tots

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Houston area Toys for Tots

Hey there everybody! Come out to Houston Sport Flyers Annual Toys for Tots and make a Houston area kid's Christmas a little brighter. It isnt hard to do. All you need to do is come fly and bring and new, unwrapped toy as your entry fee. A donation of equitable value will also be accepted. It is always a good time and having a Marine in dress uniform come out and pick up all the stuff gives a warm feeling. Lots of cool stuff in the air at our events and everyone is certain to have a good time!! The weather should be fantastic so come on out!!!

Map and info at

http://www.houstonsportflyers.com

This Saturday!!!!!!! Tomorrow!!!! 8 nov 2008......come one come all!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:31 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Houston area Toys for Tots

Had a great time -and your club really knows how to have a good time-I really enjoyed the event as well as the door prizes!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right ON, Plane Jim. It was a great day and I had much much fun. I saw some old friends, met some new ones, and had a blast.

Congratulations "Sport Flyers" and to the CD Todd Brueggeman.

You really know how to make a Fly-In a real FUN Fly-In.
I wasn't the first there but the last to leave besides Todd.

"Sport Flyers" Club already has 4 events scheduled for 2009. Check out the AMA District VIII website.

http://www.ama-dist-8.org/Calendar/index.php

Again, Guys, Thank you all.

edit: Thought I had misspelled a word.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to everyone who came out and made this years's Toys for tots a huge success. A truckload of toys and about 400.oo in cash makes The Marines job of helping the local kids have a better Christmas a little easier!! We had support from a lot of area clubs and it was great seeing all the different stuff in the air. Rocket powered gliders, turbines, park flyers along with helicopters, big gassers, old timers and some really cool control line stuff made for an eventful afternoon. Todd and Suzy did a great job of making everyone have a good time we cant wait to do it all again!!