Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Scalin' Over the Rock, May 9, Henderson RC Club, Sherwood AR

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Scalin' Over the Rock, May 9, Henderson RC Club, Sherwood AR

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 AM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scalin' Over the Rock, May 9, Henderson RC Club, Sherwood AR

Hi everyone - just to to announce that the Henderson RC Flying Club located in Sherwood, AR is hosting the Scalin' Over the Rock Fun Fly on May 9, 2009. The event starts at 8:00 am and ends ??? If you have a scale or semi-scale airplane or helicopter of a real one, come fly with us. The only scheduled event is Best of Scale (both Military and Civilian) this will be judged by the register pilots and spectators. No scale documentation is required. This is not a qualifier for anything, just a good time.

Come fly at Central Arkansas' Finest Flying Field. 300+ feet of grass runway, safety stands, Concessions on site. Events will be limited to scale and semi-scale aircraft and helis of past and current aircraft. No trainers unless they are semi/scale versions of a full size trainer. No events are planned, unless registered pilots want to have one. Planes and/or helis must fly to compete for awards. Raffle prizes too!

Landing fee is $10 (that includes a free lunch for those that register), spectators are free. There is room for RVs, but no hook-ups or electricity. If you are coming on Friday to set up, please contact me (bassfisher) or the website administrator (www.hendersonrc.com) to arrangments can be made to have the gate unlocked for you.

Bring What You Fly and Fly What You Bring

Directions to the field can be found at www.hendersonrc.com Hope to see you there
Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 PM
gjmjoe017
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scalin' Over the Rock, May 9, Henderson RC Club, Sherwood AR

If the weather looks good,I'm gonna try and make it down.I got to see this Q that's better than the White Pig!!!
Joe
Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 AM
bassfisher

Joe, trust me- Jo-Jo's will make you want to forget any other BBQ, just make sure you have an empty stomach!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 AM
bassfisher

Just an update - with all the rain in the past few days, the field may be wet, so feel free to bring anything else you want to fly. We don't want to see your pride and joy getting hurt. Judging will still happen for best of show! Information is at www.hendersonrc.com
Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
gjmjoe017
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our friend is going out of town that we were staying with,I was thinking of coming myself,but with the wet weather,don't think I want to make the drive down.I'll drop you a line this summer when we're coming down and come out and fly with you guys.
Joe
Old 05-11-2009, 09:12 AM
bassfisher

Just wanted to post a THANK YOU to everyone that came out. The weather was bad at the begining, but cleared up and everyone got to fly. The weather kept a lot of folks away and it almost kept me away! Be sure to look a the event recap on the EVENTS part of the site to see some great pictures. For those that couldn't make it, we hope to see all of you next year. The event will be a much different format with static judging and graded flying! Not a qualifier for Scale Master, but it will make everyone work a little harder.

Come out to the July 11th SIZZLIN' IN THE ROCK fun-fly at Henderson. This fun-fly will have events designed for all levels of flying skills. Trust me on this, last year's events was one that had novices and experienced fliers winning. Luck and skill really made for a fun event. We will be raffling off a new 20" LCD TV for this one!!