Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

WARBIRDS OVER OKLAHOMA 2010

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

WARBIRDS OVER OKLAHOMA 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Spritch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARBIRDS OVER OKLAHOMA 2010

WARBIRDRCER...

Sounds fine with me on the static. Just need to get the word out starting yesterday. Maybe we can get Bill, Dixon, Ellis... would love to get Ray out with one of his fine ones. He came last year... but became ill on the drive in... sat in the parking lot until he felt he could drive.. and went back home. I didn't even know he was there until I talked to him a couple of days later. Maybe even Slocum and his trailer full of Cubs. He now has a TigerMoth just so he can join in the Warbird fun. He showed up last year... but empty handed.

I'll start working on my gang. If and when it's in concrete... let me know.

-Stan
Old 01-10-2010, 06:50 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stan,

Lets go with the 30 January date. The museum is kind of full with all of the planes, but if weather allows we can move some out and make room. If needed we can set some up at Southern Wings. They have a big hanger also.

We are going to need WB 2010 flyers to hand out. Can you help with that?

Thanks

Flight Leader
Old 01-10-2010, 06:54 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Everyone,

Check out my P-51 flight on RCU.

http://rcuvideos.com/video/Warbird-F...ader-P-51-Flig

You can see other videos at www.warbirdsoverok.org under the Warbirds 2010 Tab.

Flight Leader
Old 01-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Spritch

Going through some of my picture folders... and found a couple of shots of two Warbirds that might interest the group. I've mentioned Ray's name up here two or three times... about the jewels he has in his shop/garage... well here's two examples. I don't have shots of the other 10 or 12 he has in there. All built by him... or at the very least, bought and then re-built to what they should have been. All scale or giant scale. The Corsair and the Texan both have 126 inch WS... both powered by 3W's... 3W 150 for the Corsair and a 3W 200 for the Texan. Both of these beauties were hand carved out foam block and he cuts the wings with his home-made cutting hot wire powered by a 12 volt car battery charger. Gives a whole new outlook on 'foamies'.

You can see some video of the Corsair flying at the 2008 Warbirds at www.warbirdsoverok.org under the Warbirds 2010 Tab.

Don't know what he plans on bringing to the Warbird... but it don't matter... they are all good.

I keep leaving old foam ice chest outside his garage door for the last 3 years... hoping there will be a Zero show up someday..!! No luck so far.

-Stan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25903.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1353795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46404.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1353796  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Spritch

Rich...

I must have deleted that note you sent out to a group of us recently. I can't find it anyway. Just to let you know... that was a really fine piece of video on the Mustang they put together. Thanks for letting me know about it. I imagine the crew visiting this thread of 'Warbirds Over Oklahoma' would enjoy it as well.

-Stan
Old 01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
bhomer

Hey Steve,
   Nice article today in the Mustang paper about your Warbirds over Oklahoma. That will surely get some folks attention. Also are you going to post the video that you took of Michael's jet last Sunday? I'd love to show that to some friends. LMK.

Bhomer

Old 01-24-2010, 07:41 AM
WARBIRDRCER

I was surprised to see the article in the Mustang paper. An El Reno reporter came to the airport while we were shooting some advertisement videos and inquired about the event, and some of my history. I say she did a good story, and she wants to write more before the event in May. El Reno has really gone all out for Warbirds Over Oklahoma.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Spritch

bHomer...

Michael's jet didn't want to co-operate with him last Monday at El Reno. While I did get some video of him and the jet... it was not while it was in the sky. I had seen this jet perform at the 2009 WBOK and was getting ready to get some good footage of it this particular day. But, as sometimes happens with any of our birds... she was being a tad stubborn... and the engine just did not want to come up to full spin and get started. Michael was really disappointed... but he at least got to do some flying with his Heli and a small SR-71 someone had brought to the airport... so all was not lost for his drive out to the strip. Maybe the next time I get to see it... the video will roll.

What I really missed out on was the El Reno reporters face when she would have heard a turbine spin up for the first time... and then take to the skies. She had never seen a model jet before and it makes you wonder what could have been the write up she would have had..?? Especially with Michael at the sticks giving her one of his great flying demo's. Oh well... Next time...!!!

-Stan
Old 01-24-2010, 11:49 AM
triplanelover

hey steve getting caught up with this thing called pc found out how to get loged in on this web site just touching base to see if this reall works
Old 01-24-2010, 12:27 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Guys, if you want the word to get out to interested modelers, you need to list all sites promoting "War Birds Over Oklahoma". You have listed http://www.warbirdsoverok.org/ several times but there is very little detailed information. This site http://mvaaok.org/index.htm does offer more information and seems to be updated regularly. Time is short, you need to get the word out to interested modelers quickly and often. I would like to see this event became a sucess, we need this type of event in this part of the country.

My 2 cent, thanks
Rich
Old 01-24-2010, 12:37 PM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Stan thanks for the kind words!! Well the jet is all ready to go.. Believe it or not we found a slight issue with the factory settings in the ECU, thanks to the help of Don Perry and Peter from Altecare I was able to get the problem resolved within 3 days! The turbine has had 8 flawless starts and cool down cycles in a row now.. So fingers crossed all of the bugs are worked out. Whenever you guys are ready to shoot some more footage at El Reno let me know. I guess the biggest factor now will just be trying to find another good day in the middle of winter!

Michael
Old 01-24-2010, 12:41 PM
bhomer

Michael, The video that Steve shot last Sunday at Westside of your jet, did you guys post that anywhere. I was wanting to show it to some buddies of mine. Or is there any online footage of your jet. LMK.

thanks,
bhomer
Old 01-24-2010, 12:53 PM
mugenkidd

I haven't seen any of the new videos. But I do have this one from last years warbird fly-in. It's not a very exciting video but does show the plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMkTR08mpU

Also here's another video of a jet I had I believe this video was taken during the 2006 warbird fly-in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TqVk1x9zrk
Old 01-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Spritch

Michael ...

Good news on the turbine...!!! I figured you would have to box it up again and play the 'wait on the FedEx truck' game. Which.. BTW... I hate that game..!! Maybe the weather god will smile down on us before much longer. At least... turn the fan off for a few days and maybe we can all hook up at El Reno again. Anywho... great news on getting the Swiss beast ready to spin again...!!

Went a took a look at the video links you had posted here. Don't know how many keeping up with this post have grabbed your DV Cam and went and tried to get footage of a R/C aircraft event... but let me tell you... this is one of the hardest subjects I have ever shot..!! So my hats off to anyone trying to keep any aircraft in frame and focused. It IS NOT easy to get decent footage... and my camera does not like white or silver birds or a cloudless sky... so after 40 minutes of shooting... I might get 15 -20 minutes of something worth keeping. So whoever shot the Swiss Miss last year at WestSide... tell them thumbs-up.

-Stan
Old 01-24-2010, 07:50 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Is this my early morning WWI flying buddy?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
triplanelover

it shure is took some time to figure it out still not shure how everything works had to stop building scratch triplane have garage full of stuff

was able to put finall coat of paint on rekitted f 4 u paint showed all the flaws not a good refinish

5.4 horse power on it now (fuji 64 ei) on it now
Old 01-24-2010, 08:57 PM
triplanelover

sorry steve comp crashed about a week ago lost 98 o/o of pics the best i cando is send you this one

hope it works were is the video in past posts iv e read about

Name:	Eb87041.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	1363675  
Old 01-24-2010, 09:30 PM
WARBIRDRCER

triplanelover,

I have the order in for the shirts also. I will check tomorrow and see how they are coming with the test shirts.

Here is the P-51 Link: http://rcuvideos.com/video/Warbird-F...ader-P-51-Flig

Here is the L-39 Link: http://rcuvideos.com/video/Skymaster-L-39-Flight

Maser F4U Link: http://rcuvideos.com/video/Maser-F4U

OK Museum Of Flying video Link, staring the Talimena Kidd: http://rcuvideos.com/video/OMOF-Avia...outh-Education

You can find more in RCU Videos at: http://rcuvideos.com/
Old 01-24-2010, 09:46 PM
WARBIRDRCER

mugenkidd,
How does Thursday afternoon sound, weather allowing, to try again? If so, lets try and get Don too.

Spritch,
You up for it?

What say you Right Wing Man, want some P-51 time?

Just checked weather for Thursday. Do you have snow skis on the jet?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Hello everyone,

I have an event flyer for the non-rc public. Please send out to anyone who might want to attend our event.

Also is the event flyer for the RC world.

I also have a shot of me sitting on the side of the road. Why lie, I want a round motor!

Name:	Ec88068.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1363857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25267.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1363859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46441.gif
Views:	29
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1363861  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Kh17335.pdf (5.40 MB, 15 views)
File Type: pdf
Nl29771.pdf (160.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-25-2010, 01:15 AM
mugenkidd

Warbirdracer, the forecast for Thursday looks dreadful! 38 with 50% chance of snow brrrrrr.. but if there is a break in the weather I am more than willing to go.

Stan, thanks for the compliments on the video. My girlfriend shot all of my youtube vids she does a great job and I passed along the compliment.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Spritch

WARBIRDRCER...

Me and mugenkidd have the same 7 day forecast. IOW... Thursday sucks...!! The only decent day this week is tomorrow (Tues) as far as the wind. But I think it's still going to be a tad chilly.

BTW... heard from Ellis, Slocum, Ray and Al... most are showing up for the static... but once again... the 7 Day shows a less than perfect Saturday. Probably much like last years static.

Also... Thanks goes out to jwrich for taking it on his self to help post the WBOK 2010 event at some of the better R/C and scale websites up here. If any who are following this thread on RCU... and know of websites that do list current R/C events... let them know about this one..!!! I've pretty much covered the area clubs with notification... but we need to get the surrounding states knowing about it as well. So any of you who have friends in far flung R/C clubs... give them a heads-up about Oklahoma's WBOK 2010. You can either send them links to www.warbirdsoverok.org or www.mvaaok.org or download the .PDF flyer and send it their way.

Stan
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Spritch

Hey Gang...

Just found this on the AMA Dist. VIII online event calendar.

American Turf Flyers - Broken Arrow, OK - Warbirds Over Green Country Charity Fly-In - June 26 - 2010

How about 3 Warbirds in the state this year...!!!

-Stan
Old 01-27-2010, 12:50 AM
chris1971

You also posted under my thread Warbirds over Tulsa, and I replied over there. I will find out more about that show and put info on both threads.

Chris
Old 01-28-2010, 12:37 PM
chris1971

Spritch,

I got in touch with the CD for the Broken Arrow show and asked him for a flyer to post on here. Looks like it's going to be a one day show and they are raising money for Blue Star Mothers. I will post more info as I get it.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.