Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

WARBIRDS OVER OKLAHOMA 2010

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

WARBIRDS OVER OKLAHOMA 2010

Old 01-31-2010, 08:43 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: WARBIRDS OVER OKLAHOMA 2010

Warbird Builders and Flyers,

Things are looking great for Oklahoma in 2010. Kicking off the season May 14-16 with Warbirds Over Oklahoma in El Reno, followed by Warbirds Over Green Country on June 26, and then Warbirds Over Tulsa September 11 and 12.

I checked my schedule and have all three events reserved on my calendar. Please bring flyers for all known warbird events to El Reno. I want to place them at the pilot’s registration table to help get the word out, along with making announcements throughout the event. Also, if you have the event posted on your clubs site, send me the link and I will have it posted on Warbirds Over Oklahoma’s web-site. I want this site to help with attendance at all warbird events in and outside of Oklahoma.

[email protected]

See you May 14-16.

Steve
Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma
Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, here's the video that Stan shot on Saturday I think it came out really good!! It'll also give everyone that's making the trip down an idea of the great flying site that we'll have this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kuy0FACLTM
Old 03-02-2010, 05:24 PM
chris1971

Hey guys check out the rocket racing leagues website. They are coming to Tulsa April 24th.

www.rocketracingleague.com

Here's what they say about it on their website.

To be held at venues across the country, the Rocket Racing League will feature multiple races pitting up to 10 Rocket Racers going head to head in a 4-lap, multiple elimination heat format on a 5-mile "Formula One"-like closed circuit raceway in the sky. The Rocket Racer pilots see the "raceway in the sky" via in-panel and 3D helmet displays. For the hundreds of thousands of fans in attendance, they will witness the racing action live and in real-time display on multiple large projection screens. For the millions of fans watching on televisions and PCs at home, they will experience the thrill of the Rocket Racing League via unique remote and rocket-mounted cameras that give at-home fans the sensation of riding right alongside famed League pilots

Looks cool to me!

Chris

Old 03-03-2010, 12:44 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Thanks for the info Chris!! I may have to check this out, looks very interesting.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Howard Davidson

There should be about 5 of us coming to El Reno from Eastern Oklahoma with our warbirds this year. We've been going to Muncie and Southern Minnesota for a few years to their big warbird events and are going to give us fellow Okies a chance to keep us closer to home:-) Can't wait to get the season kicked off the right way with you city boys:-) See ya' in a few weeks. here's a few pics of what I'll be bringing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30308.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1417888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15127.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1417889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37800.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1417890  
Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 AM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Great to have you, Howard. I too have been traveling out of state to attend these events, Texas, Ark, Kansas, and Dayton Ohio. It will be nice to have one closer to home ( Enid ). There is not that many war-bird/dawn patrol events in Oklahoma. I do hope this is a success, we need a big war-bird event in Oklahoma. I know Bill Holland is working very hard to pull this off.

See you in May,
Rich

For more Info visit http://www.mvaaok.org
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24499.gif
Views:	30
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1417910  
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Wingman26

Is this Howard Davidson's plane at the TRAMPS fly in?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3KPvB4gGpI[/youtube]
Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Howard,

Looking forward to seeing your Coast Guard Cessna fly again. Bill and I could also offer you a slot in the main event show. More info to follow on this. Glad you can make it this year. Last year there were 65 pilots, and it was the rain date. The year before I had 100 pilots registered, and Bill thinks we can beat that this year.

Check out our allied web-sites at:
www.mvaaok.org

www.warbirdsoverok.org

www.oklahomamuseumofflying.org

Looking forward to meeting you.

WARBIRDRCER
Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Howard Davidson

Thanks for the vid of the Cessna. I don't think the plane had but 4 or 5 flights on it at that time, definitely no brakes yet! More detail has been added and it got about 60 flights without a ding on it last year going around to all the fly-ins in the midwest. I forgot about the wind and cold!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Wingman26

It was a nasty day for sure!

I've added your name to the description of the video as the owner of the plane, so it has a better description of the plane.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:12 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Warbirds Over Oklahoma Contacts,
It has been great to communicate with everyone the past few months about the May 14-16, 2010 upcoming event. It is hard to believe 6 years and 5 events have come and gone since I first founded Warbirds Over Oklahoma in 2004. I want to thank the Westside RC Flyers of Yukon, Oklahoma for their support of the first 5 years of this event. Neither I, nor this event would be where it is today without their help. I also want to thank Bill Holland for helping to bring this event to the next level of success in 2010.
In 2007, I knew this event was going to out grow our club field. At that time, I started meeting with airport managers in Oklahoma for a new home for Warbirds Over Oklahoma. After several meetings and a couple of good offers, I, by accident I admit, discovered El Reno Regional Airport. Stopping there with a friend in his Citabria to buy fuel, I looked around and said, "This would be a great place for the event." The airport Manager, Rick Mullaney, now Warbirds Over Oklahoma's Airfield Operations Officer said the words I wanted to hear, "Let's do it!"
Having Bill Holland's help in 2009 with bringing awards for the first time to the pilots, and knowing his background, I asked him to join the 2010 Warbird Team. At that time Bill and I put our experiences in air show management, combined with model aircraft operations to work. My years establishing and directing this event, along with contacts in the full scale war bird community, combined with Bill's RC model show experience and contacts in the Giant Scale RC model community, we started work to take this event up to the next level, and what may now become one of the largest Warbird events in the Nation. I had always said, "I hoped for a National Radio Control Warbird event where full scale Warbirds visited, not a full scale Warbird event where Radio Control Warbirds visited." Well this is what Warbirds Over Oklahoma has become, and you can experience this with us in El Reno, Oklahoma from May 14-16. Reserve your bragging rights by attending Warbirds Over Oklahoma 2010.

Steve Keesey
Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma
[email protected]
Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM
chris1971

Hey Steve,

Are you guys are enjoying the storms tonight? Looks like we are going to have at least 6 guys coming over this weekend from gluedobbers. Some of them will be there on Thursday night. Someone said there will be a hangar to store the airplanes in, is that true? That will be nice so we don't have to tear the airplanes down every night.

I will be there sometime Friday afternoon. We are looking forward to a great weekend of Warbirds!

Chris
Old 05-11-2010, 12:51 AM
WARBIRDRCER

Chris,

We do have some hanger space for storage. I will be there Thursday myself. Please look me up on Friday. I will be the one running around with his hair on fire. Thanks for your support, and I am looking forward to a great weekend.

About the storms. We had a lot of wind and rain with hail, but the Love's Truck Stop and the people there got the worst of it East of us. People had stopped there for safety from the storm and got hit bad. The stop is no longer there. I was traveling I-40 in the tail end of the storm and you could not see beyond the hood of the car. I had some hail fall on me, but no damage to the car.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Howard Davidson

Steve,

Can I pee in a corner of the hangar and mark my territory now for my Cessna? It's got a 13.5' wingspan and is not easy to put together or disassemble in a short time and with the weather forecast I can't have it sitting out if it gets nasty. My other "stuff" can be thrown in my trailer or covered up fairly easily. I don't want my Cessna to end up looking like the awnings at the "Love's" truckstop I saw on the news this morning:-) I'll be coming in Thursday evening unless the weather gets hairy. Thanks.

Howard Davidson
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Howard,

You have my word as Flight Leader, you have a spot! Please pass on the following info to all you know who were/are planning on coming.

Thanks

The Warbirds Over Oklahoma team members are still planning to launch an invasion over the skies of El Reno Regional airport May 14 – 16, 2010. Dry conditions will allow the use of the grass pit and pilot area, while wet conditions will require us to pit and taxi from the asphalt ramp area.

Warbird enthusiast,

Warbirds Over Oklahoma team members are still planning to launch an invasion over the skies of El Reno Regional airport May 14 – 16, 2010. My request for the weather is light winds, clear skies, and mild temps. However, keeping an eye on the weather by accessing our link to the National Weather Service will assist you in your decision making process to travel. I will say, based on my time in Oklahoma, it could be storming in the next county, but great flying conditions at our location. We also have two flight line location options. Dry conditions will allow the use of the grass pit and pilot area, while wet conditions will require us to pit from the asphalt ramp area. The only difference between the two areas is moving the pilot stations 200’ to 300’ to the South.

The weather will also affect our planned Pyro show, and dinner banquette. The required deposits for each is high enough to warrant canceling, but we can still order take out if we decide to gather in the hanger for a get together.

www.warbirdsoverok.org

www.mvaaok.org

Thank You,
Steve Keesey
Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma
[email protected]

Old 05-11-2010, 08:04 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Everyone,

I know things look iffy, but we in OK know things can change quickly. Please pass this info on.

The Warbirds Over Oklahoma team members are still planning to launch an invasion over the skies of El Reno Regional airport May 14 – 16, 2010. Dry conditions will allow the use of the grass pit and pilot area, while wet conditions will require us to pit and taxi from the asphalt ramp area.

Warbird enthusiast,

Warbirds Over Oklahoma team members are still planning to launch an invasion over the skies of El Reno Regional airport May 14 – 16, 2010. My request for the weather is light winds, clear skies, and mild temps. However, keeping an eye on the weather by accessing our link to the National Weather Service will assist you in your decision making process to travel. I will say, based on my time in Oklahoma, it could be storming in the next county, but great flying conditions at our location. We also have two flight line location options. Dry conditions will allow the use of the grass pit and pilot area, while wet conditions will require us to pit from the asphalt ramp area. The only difference between the two areas is moving the pilot stations 200’ to 300’ to the South.

The weather will also affect our planned Pyro show, and dinner banquette. The required deposits for each is high enough to warrant canceling, but we can still order take out if we decide to gather in the hanger for a get together.

www.warbirdsoverok.org

www.mvaaok.org

Thank You,

Steve Keesey
Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma
[email protected]
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Chris, Please get the word out. Running on 100LL. Thanks, Steve

Warbird enthusiast,

www.warbirdsoverok.org

www.mvaaok.org

Thank You,
Steve Keesey
Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma
[email protected]

Old 05-11-2010, 08:15 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Warbirds Over Oklahoma

Warbird enthusiast,

www.warbirdsoverok.org

www.mvaaok.org

Thank You,
Steve Keesey
Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma
[email protected]
Old 05-11-2010, 08:15 PM
chris1971

Steve,

I will send it out to all the guys from Tulsa that are going to be there.

Chris
Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Thanks Chris.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Spritch

As of Wed. afternoon... the BBQ banquette is still on..!!! So all you pre-pay's are covered for the feed Saturday eve. in the main hanger.

The revised weather forecast for Saturday looks MUCH better with light south winds.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:27 PM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on my way - c-ya guys tomorrow in the morning!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:34 PM
chris1971

55 registered pilots and its only Friday!

Chris
Old 05-16-2010, 06:53 PM
tfarmer96

You guys put on a great event. You had one the best run flight lines I have ever seen. I had a blast!!!! Thanks to 2.4 we got I think 12 birds in the air at one time. I can’t speak for the rest of the guys that came up from Texas, but your event is on the schedule for next year for sure. Well done!

I have some photos up on my site aswell as a few videos
Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
WARBIRDRCER

tfarmer96,

Thanks for the feedback. TopGunCJ is by far the best flight line officer I know. He really made the event a success. Glad to hear you are on schedule for next year. By the way, for those of you who missed it, May 13, 14, and 15, 2011 is the next invasion day over El Reno, OK.

Tfarmer, please send me the dates to your 2011 Warbird event and I will get it posted on www.warbirdsoverok.org.

Also, Thanks for your sponsorship and pilot door prizes.

Thanks,
WARBIRDRCER
AKA: Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.