Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Who's Goin to Perry This Year???

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Who's Goin to Perry This Year???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who's Goin to Perry This Year???

Hey Guys,
That's my club! Located up in "Ball Ground" Georgia. We tried to do the same thing last year but got rained out. I would like to invite some of you who are close enough to come out and enjoy the swap meet and the comraderie of one of the best clubs in the Atlanta area! Hopefully, we will not have any rain (or snow) this time.

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 02-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll probably come up. I don't think that I'll be bringing anything to sell or swap, but just to look and maybe buy something (if I see something different from the last few years). Doc, I'll be looking for you.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 02-21-2010, 07:50 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Loopman

Hey Guys,
That's my club! Located up in ''Ball Ground'' Georgia. We tried to do the same thing last year but got rained out. I would like to invite some of you who are close enough to come out and enjoy the swap meet and the comraderie of one of the best clubs in the Atlanta area! Hopefully, we will not have any rain (or snow) this time.

Happy Flying!

Loopman
hey that's my club too! for me it's closer, good friends and you can go fly what you just bought![X(] i just have to save some money for perry though.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Loopman

Hey Guys,
Less than two weeks to go and I've all ready scored my first Perry deal! Got a Vailly Aviation 1/4 scale L-19 Birddog. The seller is coming up from FL and bringing it with him!

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 02-21-2010, 08:43 AM
lever02

So, what are you gonna want for that Birddog? LOL
Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 AM
alangranvue
My Feedback: (11)

This is going to be a long 2 weeks.... I feel like a kid again
Old 02-23-2010, 07:04 AM
F.Ciccarello
My Feedback: (60)

Counting down to Perry... Hope we have good weather............FC
Old 02-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Loopman

Hey FC,
This may sound weird, but I've really lucked out! I have one of the worst colds I've ever had right now and I'm happy about it. At least I'm not suffering on Perry weekend! We'll have our club swapmeet this weekend so I hope to unload alot of what I would sell at Perry. That would mean more funds to be spent at the show!

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 02-24-2010, 06:44 AM
F.Ciccarello

Loopman hope you feel better soon. Last year I got sick at Perry and it wasen't a goodtime for me. I'll be pulling into Perry Thuesday after noon more or less.......FC

see Ya.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:59 PM
DougB1

There will be 6 of us comimg from Louisville,ky ( River City Radio Controllers ) bringing a trailer with goodies to sell and trade. I will be bringing a Bobcat ( nitro models) RTF, A Bananna Hobby SR-71 (ele. d/f) and a Top Flight 1/5 scale Beachcraft Bonnanza built with robart retracts and servos ( could throw in a YS120 ) I would really like to trade this plane for a WW1 plane if anyone has one to trade. I will be in the Heritage Building tables B5 & G3. Email me if you have something.
[email protected]
Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
davidgeorge212

I have went for the past 2 years and I dont know weather I will be going this year or not. It just doesnt seem exciting as it sounds to me. When Im walking through each of the buildings its mostly all ready built planes with the exceptions of a few old kits someone has brought out of ther basement. I keep thinking I will go down there and get some good buys like some other people say they do but when I get there it just seems like everyone wants top dollar for their stuff and no one wants to come down. Last year I think all I bought were some wheel collars, a muffler, and some other small accessories that I probably could have gotten for the same price at my local hobby shop. I liked some of the flight demonstrations they had last year but I dont know if that will suffice the long trip I have to make to get down there.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Loopman

davidgeorge212,
I have seen some very good deals on older kits and the thing is you have to really haggle with the sellers. That being said, I would not expect them to literally give their stuff away either. I have sold and bought great kits right here on RCU and have seen the same kits go cheaper and at times higher at Perry. I respect your opinion and hope you make the trip, who knows maybe this is the year you will find that great deal!

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 02-26-2010, 12:40 PM
wagas

It's always fun just to walk around and look.

I agree...haggle with'em.

I don't mind haggling with folks when I'm selling stuff myself...the problem is they either say whats the lowest you'll go instead of saying a dollar amount or won't make an offer either.

I always come out with something I wanted or was not expecting to find.

Of course I get burned sometimes as well.

I got home last year after buying what I thought was a big Lanier Cap 232 kit NIB...I even peeked in the box (like all should do before buying a kit at Perry) and saw Foam, wood and plans-looked OK to me while I was there.

After I got home I inspected the kit in full detail and first noticed there was no cowl...no biggie, then noticed no landing gear and starting going HMMMM...then the real kicker was when I opened up the plans and it was for a 1/3 Lanier RC Extra and so weere the foam cores and the wood parts......and that was it..nothing else.....and I don't even like Extra's.

Live and Learn I say....but I remember what table I bought it at and will be visiting that area agian next week to see if I find the guy that sold this to me last year.....LOL
Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM
F.Ciccarello

Well guy's one week to go, no dought it will be one of the longest weeks of year. I'll be hitting the road for Perry Thursday..........FC
Old 02-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Loopman

Hey wagas,
I've been caught up in the "spur of the moment" as well. I bought a couple of planes at Perry that I should've gone over better before I laid the cash down. Lesson learned, be very thorough and look your dream purchase over really well or it might just be a nightmare!

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 02-27-2010, 06:23 PM
dougflys
My Feedback: (27)

Hey Guys,

I'll be coming down with the group from Louisville, KY. This will be our 5th year at Perry. Always a great time and I seem to come away with a great airplane or two or three or four or more!!! I'll probably bring a Great Planes Curtis P6E Hawk with a RCV 120 four stroke in excellent condition for sale. I'm always looking for a WACO YMF 7 in the 30% size. We'll be in the Heratige Bldg. See you there.
[email protected]
Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 PM
davidgeorge212

Well, me and my dad have decided to go down there after all on Friday night. I do enjoy looking at all the stuff people bring.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:39 PM
DougB1

Here is the Top Flight Beachcraft Bonnaza I will be bringing to sell or trade, It has a YS120,Robart retracts and Futaba servos . I am wanting to get a 1/4 or 1/3 scale WW1 plane so this is why I am getting rid of it. I will be in the Heritage Building or if you have something now email me and let me see what you have.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12278.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1388896  
Old 02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
lever02

Do ya have a bigger picture?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:55 PM
DougB1

I had no idea it would be that big. If someone could tell me how to make smaller ones I would be glad to do so. I just got it from the document file, had no idea how big it would be !! SORRY
Old 02-28-2010, 10:43 PM
davidgeorge212

when you post a message with a picture in it, click on reply in the last persons quote box instead of quick reply down at the bottom. That will make the picture a small icon that can be blown up
Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 AM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: DougB1

I had no idea it would be that big. If someone could tell me how to make smaller ones I would be glad to do so. I just got it from the document file, had no idea how big it would be !! SORRY

I use paint.Go into paint,paste the picture,click image on the top left,click on stretch/skew,input your horizontal and vertical %.
Start at 50%.This will reduce the pic half its size.Keep reducing it to the size you want. Then click on file,then click save as,put in your file name,put it in a file where you can find it.hope this helps.

I will be leaving Friday morning for Perry to set up.
See you there.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 AM
alangranvue

You guys have fun this weekend!  I made my big purchase last weekend of a used 1/3 Cub.  Best of luck to your buys/sells.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:54 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not going to be able to make it this year... It would be great if someone would get some good pics and post them!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Loopman

Guys, I'll try to get some pics and post on Sunday. Everyone who's coming please drive safely!

Happy Flying!

Loopman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.