Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Revelstoke RC Club invites ALL of RCU to party with us on June 12-13!

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Revelstoke RC Club invites ALL of RCU to party with us on June 12-13!

Old 06-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revelstoke RC Club invites ALL of RCU to party with us on June 12-13!

Thanks again Jason, that was the BEST funfly (or any RC event for that matter) that I've ever attended. The weather was perfect, the camping, the fun we had last night, the field (this is probably the nicest RC field and backdrop in N.A.!), and most of all the people. A big thanks to everyone, especially you Revy. You did a great job getting the field ready and the majority of the event work. Thanks again for the awesome steak! The 5 hour drive home was a doozy. haha

We'll be back again, and hopefully we'll be able to round up some more Calgary troops to come!

Travis
Old 06-14-2010, 01:55 AM
twn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Revelstoke RC Club invites ALL of RCU to party with us on June 12-13!

Hey Travis!! Glad to hear u and Ken made it home safely!

Here is the video to my Goldberg. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_90...tm.htm#9341482

I think your sportster is faster now that I look at it. If you ran 15% it would be INSANE! You can see the goldberg flatout wide open at just before 3:20. All of the verticals I did I slowed down in. Too bad I think I would have liked to see go wide open a couple thousand feet, it in hindsight. I was running a 15-8 ma for that flight. I should have tried a 14-10 or 14-12 apc. Would be interesting. For a bipe she sure did hold the energy. Not like my gp 50cc ulti, she was like a big floppy foamey and slowed down FAST, really had to watch it...

Take care and let me know how you make out with the gear mod yer gona do the the edge!

I got home from the event, took 3 hours of sleep and woke up with my alarm and now now I gotta go 8 hours without sleep and then go back to bed at 7am tomorrow so I can switch back to a night night shift routine for monday night...[:@] I ran to timmy's and grabbed a large black and a butload of expresso mixed in! I am so wiped, the heat and the messed up sleep pattern really did me in.

I gotta get a day job... [&o]
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 AM
twn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry she is flat out at 3:00 not 3:20...
Old 06-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Revy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Eganwp

Thanks again Jason, that was the BEST funfly (or any RC event for that matter) that I've ever attended. The weather was perfect, the camping, the fun we had last night, the field (this is probably the nicest RC field and backdrop in N.A.!), and most of all the people. A big thanks to everyone, especially you Revy. You did a great job getting the field ready and the majority of the event work. Thanks again for the awesome steak! The 5 hour drive home was a doozy. haha

We'll be back again, and hopefully we'll be able to round up some more Calgary troops to come!

Travis
You and Ken are welcome back any time! The 2nd annual Revelstoke Summer Huckfest will be bigger and better! We know where and what we need to improve!

I guess the steak dinner will become a Saturday night tradition,eh?!

Old 06-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Eganwp

Tom, nice bipe! Ya watching it I think they'd be very close in a race, but I still think the SS might be a hair faster, almost entirely due to much less drag. But since it's my own plane my opinion doesn't really count! lol. Either way, that bipe is rediculously overpowered. I bet with the 14x10-12 you'd have an insane plane. We'll see in a week or so, whenever Ken gets around to actually building the Revolver w/ OS 120ax w/ 14x12 on it. I think it's gonna be sweet! Do you still have the bipe btw? I can't remember what you told me yesterday.

Ya, Jason - I think you guys have the potential to turn this into a big event, especially because of such nice on-site camping (I mean it's hardly any different than a non-powered campground, other than no showers.), the views/scenery/weather, and no-fee entry. The scenery is spectacular and I still can't get over how awesome the runway layout is. You guys have no idea how lucky you are to have an elevated runway. It makes the low pass videos on youtube (like Stacey's) look insane, as you can actually fly lower than what appears to be "runway ground level". Loved every minute of it.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Slats!

I may actually fly the Revolver haha. It will be done soon and if it stays in one piece it will be out at the Sept Revolstoke fun fly. If it cannot beat the sportster I will have to go and get a tuned pipe.....

Just like Egan says awesome event and many thanks to Revy as you could see all the work he put into the field. Thats allot of grass cutting.....

Camping facilities were great and its a back drop you cannot beat. You guys are very lucky to get to use it everyday.

I know allot of people rant about events just to push them but this is one you do not want to miss they even had Lesters on site with all the parts you could imagine.

Slats
Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Revy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Here is what one of our local rags had to say...

http://www.revelstokecurrent.com/201...alley/#respond