RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/)
-   -   Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/10142053-twin-cities-auction-minnesota.html)

midnightsabotage 01-30-2013 09:37 PM

RE: Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)

I've been waiting for this auction again all year, super excited.

I may bring a couple items to sell for the first time, even!

This is one plane I'm thinking about:

Old wattage Mad Dog with stock Cobalt 400 motor, but with a new Turnigy 30a esc with lvc so it's ready for Lipo use. HS82MG for the ailerons and HS55's for the tail surfaces. Do you guys think anyone would be interested in it at the auction?

http://images.craigslist.org/3G33Id3...a04f8e191d.jpg

Can't wait to see everyone and all the planes again his year

jeffEE 02-01-2013 10:48 AM

YEP! As I remember, that was a fast airframe. I might throw a bid or two at it.

loopyrc 02-01-2013 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few items I will be bring to the auction. Just not flying these as much any more. All great flyers, new in box kit.
Someone will have room in their hanger for some great birds! See you all in a week.

Minnreefer 02-04-2013 10:54 AM

It won't blow up for me, what size ultra sport is that?

loopyrc 02-04-2013 05:16 PM

Minnreefer,
It' s the ultra sport 60.</p>

midnightsabotage 02-06-2013 04:55 AM

How about a fresh built Electric-converted 63" Global Super Decathlon? Think this would do well?

http://post.craigslist.org/imageprev...3ddd1e1b86.jpg

kargo 02-06-2013 06:50 AM

Geesh, why don't you just say hey guys, here is a brand new 2012 Corvette, how do guys think it'd do, huh, huh?:eek:

midnightsabotage 02-06-2013 07:37 AM

I'm sorry for posting/asking? Did you mean that post as a sarcastic way to say that it would indeed do well? Or are you just generally implying that I'm dumb for asking if my model might do well or not? I can't read into your text that well, I don't know you.

I asked because I really have no idea if it's a popular model, or if the hobby as a whole even has an interest in that type of plane lately. I don't get out to fly much and Ihave one friend that Igo flying with. I have no idea what anyone else in the hobby around here thinks about different types and models of planes. Just because Ithink it's a beautiful plane doesn't mean anyone else would value it much. All I have is a value of what I'd be disappointed with if it went for. But we're not allowed to talk numbers here so I thought a general gauge of people's replies would atleast help.
I recall seeing one of these airframes at a swap meet for what Ithought was a really cheap price and nobody was scooping it up. I fly in smaller areas and have a smaller vehicle so taking a larger plane out is just something I really don't do. If other people would be excited to see it and bid on it, I'd like to bring it so someone else can make better use of it. But I can't give it away. Just figured a little bit of input would help me to determine the risk.

Idon't want to haul a big plane or 2 up there and end up having to waste money to buy each one back because I didn't know it's a model that people are generally not interested in for whatever reason... and also have to take up room in the car for the retun trip - in case Ifind a couple planes I'd like to bid on and need the space.

Thanks for the user that gave some input on the Mad Dog, by the way. I had no idea what it was before I acquired it, so Ididn't know if it was a total flop of a model or if it was something that people used to think was cool. I'll try to bring that one so that someone else can enjoy it now :)

Thanks!

Fly2XS 02-06-2013 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: midnightsabotage

How about a fresh built Electric-converted 63'' Global Super Decathlon? Think this would do well?

[img][/img]

I have been a TCRC Auctioneer for over 25 years and I can tell you that this aircraft will do very well!
I look forward to bidding on it , er, I mean selling it!
:D

Minnreefer 02-06-2013 09:41 AM

It should do well, it looks very nice, but sometimes one can get a great plane at a great price. I would bid on it, but I think it will go out of my budget.

kargo 02-06-2013 11:26 AM

midnightsabotage, VERY sorry for the misunderstanding, blame it on my complete lack of a sense of humor. My meaning was that it is such an incredibly nice model, that you might as well auction off something just as nice, like a 2012 Corvette. After all, you'd probably get a similar price for the model as you would the vet!:D

So, just to be clear I think its an AWESOME model, that will fetch a very HIGH price at the auction.

Man, I get in trouble no matter where I go. I don't think I'd be able to afford that Decathlon, but I bet I might be able to throw a bid or too at the MAD DOG....

Best of luck to all at the auction, especially the lucky guy/gal who brings home that Decathlon!

G.Barber 02-06-2013 12:19 PM

I'd bid on it too, but Fly2XS has MUCH deeper pockets than I have... ;)

Seriously, I'll be bidding on it too!

midnightsabotage 02-06-2013 09:11 PM

Haha, thanks guys :) 
And kargo, no worries whatsoever.  I thought you probably meant it that way, but one can never be too sure and I just hoped i wasn't being a bother by asking. 

I think I'll go ahead and take the chance on bringing it then.  I'd definitely like to help out TCRC with some commission money after I was able to scoop up some good deals last year! 

My flying buddy is on the fence about bringing along his receiver-ready E-Flite Deuces Wild with the more powerful Power 32 setup &amp; retracts.  How hard should I try to convince him?  ;)
I atleast know that one is a really rare and fairly sought-after model these days. Are people looking for them around here much?

Thanks again for everyone's input, very helpful and I appreciate it.  I'm extremely excited for Saturday! 

Quick question - as a seller, we can't bid on items with the $ amount of things that have sold, can we?  We can only use what cash/checking account money we have on hand that day.  Right? 

Jon Evju 02-07-2013 10:11 AM

Looking forward to the auction! <div>I expect to find lots of exciting easy-to-crash electric models that I want to buy!  Is there any preregistration for buyers?<div>-BTW, that Global Super Decathlon that midnightsabotage is considering auctioning off looks great! I want!  :)</div><div>
</div><div>-Well, like most other people, I have to work with a budget :eek: but I expect to still have fun and take some nice pre-owned models home:D.</div></div>

Fly2XS 02-07-2013 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: midnightsabotage

Haha, thanks guys :)
And kargo, no worries whatsoever. I thought you probably meant it that way, but one can never be too sure and I just hoped i wasn't being a bother by asking.

I think I'll go ahead and take the chance on bringing it then. I'd definitely like to help out TCRC with some commission money after I was able to scoop up some good deals last year!

My flying buddy is on the fence about bringing along his receiver-ready E-Flite Deuces Wild with the more powerful Power 32 setup & retracts. How hard should I try to convince him? ;)
I atleast know that one is a really rare and fairly sought-after model these days. Are people looking for them around here much?

Thanks again for everyone's input, very helpful and I appreciate it. I'm extremely excited for Saturday!

Quick question - as a seller, we can't bid on items with the $ amount of things that have sold, can we? We can only use what cash/checking account money we have on hand that day. Right?

Take a look at the Buyer's & Seller's Rules on TCRCOnLine.com for details.

http://www.tcrconline.com/pages/auction.htm

http://www.tcrconline.com/pages/auct...er_details.htm

TCRC takes payment from the Buyer before an item is released.
TCRC cuts checks to the Sellers after the auction (next day) and they are mailed the following Monday.

Have Fun!

kochj 02-08-2013 07:35 PM

I have 1 NIB 94" Yak54 Lanier w/spare cowl.
I also have a NIB lanier Extra XXX 94" w/spare cowl..

I want to attend this year...but am worried about payment....

How can I get a payment if the seller bounces a check?
Why not paypal???
OR CASH and cary..???

I have been had before and do not want to get ripped again...
Buyer takes home item, after writing BUGUS check. and I patiently, wait for my money to arrive in the mail.
Then TCRC says Ohh crap "I guess you don't get any money until we track down this JA and get the money..
Meanwhile, your out your auctioned item...and all the money as well..

Any one else have these thoughts????

Minnreefer 02-08-2013 07:45 PM

I am not an official officer of TCRC, but I believe that TCRC mails payment out, before any checks are "cleared" TCRC does take safe guards to protect it self from bounced checks, and it has only been a minor issue in the past. So in other words, I believe that TCRC takes responsibility for receiving payment, and part of the selling fee helps cover any unforeseen expenses.

Again, I am NOT a board member or any person of authority, but I believe that is how it is done.

G.Barber 02-08-2013 07:52 PM

I have been to several TCRC auctions, and getting paid for items I have sold has NEVER been an issue! TCRC checks are as good as gold, and usually received in less than a week after the auction.

Fly2XS 02-09-2013 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: kochj

I have 1 NIB 94'' Yak54 Lanier w/spare cowl.
I also have a NIB lanier Extra XXX 94'' w/spare cowl..

I want to attend this year...but am worried about payment....

How can I get a payment if the seller bounces a check?
Why not paypal???
OR CASH and cary..???

I have been had before and do not want to get ripped again...
Buyer takes home item, after writing BUGUS check. and I patiently, wait for my money to arrive in the mail.
Then TCRC says Ohh crap ''I guess you don't get any money until we track down this JA and get the money..
Meanwhile, your out your auctioned item...and all the money as well..

Any one else have these thoughts????

If you read the instructions you would know this is a consignment auction. TCRC takes ownership from the time the item is checked in until it is purchased and paid for. We have had very few people draw a bad check over the past 38 years. If we do get one usually it is a mistake and they pay up. Our sellers never see it.

G.Barber 02-09-2013 08:02 PM

Well, I only bought a couple of items at the auction today, but I think I did pretty well!

First item I picked up is a used AMR low wing sport 26 (gently used, of course) with an evolution 26cc gasser and 5 hitec hs-645MG servos. Got a good deal (I think) at $130.00.

I also picked up a blade MCP X BnF as well - also a good deal! :D

Willmsy 02-10-2013 08:21 AM

I have a suggestion for you because of an incident while picking up a plane that I bought back. On your website it says that you can buy back your item for 10% of the bid price up to a max of $20 if it doesn't sell for the price you would like and you are the highest bidder. When I went to buy back my item for $20 I was told I had to pay the full bid price and then you (the club) would send me a check for $20 less my bid. This is NOT stated on any documentation on your website or literature at the auction. I was able to pick up my item by paying the $20 in cash because I didn't have the full bid price on me. This left me somewhat disappointed with the whole selling process and I will probably not sell any more items at your auction.

Sincerely,

Willmsy

loopyrc 02-10-2013 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Got to say had a great time at the auction again. I brought down three freinds that where first timers and they will be returning again.
You can tell we had a good time by the trailer after the loading process...
Thanks again to the TCRC for the great show.</p>

Minnreefer 02-10-2013 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: loopyrc

Got to say had a great time at the auction again. I brought down three freinds that where first timers and they will be returning again.
You can tell we had a good time by the trailer after the loading process...
Thanks again to the TCRC for the great show.</p>
I am glad that you enjoyed it, I see at least 4 planes in the trailer that I really wanted to bring home, just out of my budget (the triplane, the p-47, chipmunk, shoestring and at least one or two others) I think you made it all worthwhile ))

exocet-RCU 02-10-2013 05:09 PM

Hi all,

This is just a quick note to thank all of the sellers, buyers and, especially, the VOLUNTEERS at the Auction yesterday. Together, you all made the day go exceedingly well.

Note to the sellers: The accounting has been done, the checks written and the letters in the mailbox. You should be receiving your funds in the next couple of days.

Thanks again.

Tim Wirtz,
TCRC Treasurer

G.Barber 02-10-2013 05:18 PM

I agree! A large thank you is in order for all of the hard-working members of TCRC. For without you guys (and gals), none of this would be possible!

Thank you again for a great auction, and I'm already looking forward to next year! :D