RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/)
-   -   QSAA Fly-in Event Las Vegas Oct 9-12 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/1160108-qsaa-fly-event-las-vegas-oct-9-12-a.html)

danmilo 09-25-2003 12:47 AM

QSAA Fly-in Event Las Vegas Oct 9-12

Anyone heading out to Las Vegas for the event? Plan on attending the Hobby Visions show or the TOC demonstration as well. See Hobbyvisions.com for show info or QSAA.org for the fly-in information.

Dan;)

foam_man 10-02-2003 05:50 PM

RE: QSAA Fly-in Event Las Vegas Oct 9-12

QSAA.org
What and where is this event ?

MalcolmL 04-03-2011 09:04 PM

Hi - it's been a while - no need to ask why here - but yes, I have ideas and plans to visit the QSAA 2011 Fly-In again - it's been a while - que sera sera ! Malcolm Logan - Chiangmai, Northern Thailand.

Ed 04-04-2011 11:59 AM

I can find no information on this event. Please explain in greater detail. Thank you.

Ed

jeffEE 04-05-2011 02:22 PM

I don't think the QSAA is still around. But I have been wrong before.

Ed 04-05-2011 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: danmilo

Anyone heading out to Las Vegas for the event? Plan on attending the Hobby Visions show or the TOC demonstration as well. See Hobbyvisions.com for show info or QSAA.org for the fly-in information.

Dan;)
DAN ......... Can you please explain this post, and where a flyer with complete details can be obtained. There is no information at Hobbyvisions or QSAA.org .

Thank you.

Ed

jjmretired 04-08-2011 05:26 PM

Dans' message was posted over seven years ago. I don't think QSAA exists anymore. They haven't had the QSAA fly-in for at least eight years.

Ed 04-08-2011 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: jjmretired

Dans' message was posted over seven years ago. I don't think QSAA exists anymore. They haven't had the QSAA fly-in for at least eight years.
Whoops .... Sorry .... I never did notice the date on it. I guess the guy from Thailand made the same mistake.

Ed

jeffEE 04-10-2011 06:52 AM

I have a few plaques from the QSAA's Fly-ins in Las vegas. He could just change the dates and pretend he was there. :)

Ed 04-10-2011 07:26 AM

What was unique about those plaques, was that you received one for just paying the registration fee. You were in essence, buying a plaque, which resulted in grossly inflating the price of registration. Which was kind of silly, and I believe helped to destroy the event.

jeffEE 04-10-2011 12:20 PM

That, and 1/3 scale. Arts.
_

jeffEE 04-10-2011 12:23 PM

Arfs

jjmretired 04-10-2011 12:27 PM

It's a shame Vegas doesn't put on any Big Bird type events. A lot of the modelers wives enjoyed the QSAA events for the Vegas scene.

MalcolmL 07-13-2013 03:07 AM

Hi - I'm the 'guy from Thailand' who posted about going to the QSAA again - my mistake - I was down with cancer for 3 years but OK now - I hope - and got my facts wrong. Yes, I do believe the QSAA closed shop about that time. Shame - because it was a great event run by very friendly people - a pity someone can't pick up the baton and get it running again. I really used to enjoy the QSAA event and then take in the Top Gun too - also the Lake Havasu Schneider event - all about the same time. MalcolmL Chiangmai Thailand.

Ed 07-13-2013 09:05 AM

Malcolml, are you also the man who flew a small Russian Polikarpov ( ? ) at the Bill Bennett field in field in Vegas ?

Ed

MalcolmL 07-13-2013 10:03 AM

Hi Ed - sorry - no ! The Polikarpov was not mine - I had a Bristol F2B .
But I know the Polikarpov owner. Can I ask why you want to know
or can I pass a message to dr mike for you ?
Have we met there ?
MalcolmLogan - Cheers

Ed 07-13-2013 01:05 PM

Malcolm thanks, yes he was a doctor, and he was traveling with some monks I believe that he brought over. We had a very pleasant exchange, as I was very interested in his Polikarpov . We were near each other in the pit area. It was a small IMAA event at Bennett field, and I was flying my Brown B-2, Miss Los Angeles racer. Were you at the same event ?

Yes, I too miss the QSAA event !

Ed

jjmretired 07-13-2013 01:32 PM

The Las Vegas RC Club put on the first annual War Bird Fly-In this past April at Bennett Field. Hopefully there will be a second annual. It was a very good event. There is also a IMAA fly in the end of September at Bennett Field.

MalcolmL 07-14-2013 08:00 PM

Hi Ed - I passed on your post on RCU to Dr Mike - I guess he'll respond to you directly ......

I'm very interested to learn that QSAA have started a warbirds event to be held at Bennett Field in October 2013. Can you please direct me to any more info about the event AND the revitalised QSAA please that I can contact .... I doubt if I would be able to go this year but it would be great to keep in touch with what they're doing.
In answer to your question - no - I was not at the event where you met Mike. Did you know that he and I won the aerotow event - in 1997 (?) I think - he built a DFS German troop glider and I did the aerotow - and introduced and encouraged him to learn aerotowing - probably with a 'Flyin' King' or a ..... hard to remember ..... long time ago ...... I still have a trophy in my workshop ..... and he left the glider with me to sell which I did to a pal in the Bay area. Memories ..... !!! Mike can tell you more about the DFS if you're interested ....... Malcolm

jeffEE 07-16-2013 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think it was the LVRC (Las Vegas Radio Control) club that held the event, not the QSAA. But the LVRC is a great bunch of flyers too. Here is a blast from the past.:)