Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Philtech with Enya carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Philtech with Enya carb

I've just put an Enya 09 carb on a Philtech and made a bit of bench running today. It was almost a direct drop-in, I only had to drill out the case a little and the mounting screws fit through the old spraybar location. Engine is not run in yet but it looks quite promising. Power seems a little lower than a PAW 09 MkI but 8800rpm on an APC 9x4 is not too bad and it idles around 3500rpm.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PRqDNAsDs[/youtube]
Old 04-21-2011, 12:27 PM
gmedson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Philtech with Enya carb

Runs very nicely, Mr. C. Was Philtech originally non-RC? Otherwise, I wonder why you removed Philtech RC carb? In my experience, they are among the very good carbs to use on other diesels that have poor carbs or are non-RC. Such as long-stroke side-ports.

Philtech is a neat engine!

Regards. -Gary
Old 04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one I have was CL, and I haven't been able to find any RC version.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:06 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a pretty neat engine. I was reading up about them here http://modelenginenews.org/cardfile/philtec.html
It is great that the carb fit right on there without any hassles.
Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

The Australian engineering firm "Philtech" are still around, though sadly they don't seem to be making model engines right now.

Probably engaged in more profitable work.

http://www.philtech.com.au/index.html

There is a nice shot of one of their more recent "V" block model engines on the web site's home page though.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 AM
mike109

G'day

I used to have a couple of the 1.5cc diesels - a Mk 1 which was painted a silver colour and a Mk 2 which was painted blue. Sadly I gave the Mk 2 away to some kids to try to get them interested in modeling but it did not work (the interest part). The Mk 1 runs well and was always easy to start but the Mk 2 was initially very hard to start though once run in it was fine.

I still have the Mk 1 but it is not quite a pretty as it once was. I tried to clean it with some carby cleaner which beautifully stripped all the paint off the case so now it is just raw aluminium which shows some file marks and looks a bit rough. I should get it out and run it.

It is part of my small "Made in Australia" engine collection which includes a few Taipans the Philtec and a Peter Burford. Most are diesels but there are two glow 2.5cc Taipans; a gold head and an earlier 2.5.

Cheers

Mike in Oz