Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

lovely tiny 0.12cc diesel engine.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM
nitroairplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lovely tiny 0.12cc diesel engine.

While looking on ebay i found this little gem of an engine i have never heard of it bofore and could find no details about it on the internet as you probably know i really love micro diesel engines and was wondering if anyone has seen one of these before here is a link to it
http://cgi.ebay.com/N-G-Z-Sub-Miniat...item56439e9646

If for some reason the link doese not work like last time here are some pictures.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: lovely tiny 0.12cc diesel engine.

If it is the same brand as GZ/CS engines then they have big problems with the quality. They can be made to run with more or less work though, a bit like a half made kit of an engine...
Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of these. CS does(did?) make a few Clan .48 engines. CS uses the brand GZ for their high performance engines. I have a feeling this is unrelated to CS. Besides it looks like GTZ to me. The 0,12 seems German to me.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Diesel Die-hard

The general opinion within my rather knowledgeable group is that this is indeed some kind of CS effort - the initials GZ quite likely stand for something like Guang Zhou. If this is correct,the chances of this engine running without extensive intervention are pretty small!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:10 AM
nitroairplane

Do you think anyone will buy? this i would but i think it will go out of my price range if it does not i might bid just to have it even if it wont run.what do you think this is actually worth?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 AM
raglafart
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: nitroairplane

Do you think anyone will buy? this i would but i think it will go out of my price range if it does not i might bid just to have it even if it wont run.what do you think this is actually worth?
To put a value on this for me isn't difficult, at $150 plus it's gone way beyond what it's worth to anyone with half a brain. But then there are at least 2 people that disagree with me that said I'd sooner have my Schlosser that's cost me only an extra $80 dollars at $235, it's a .25 and made by a legendary engine builder who's engines are renowned for their quality and superb running characteristics. Not only that, they are a jewel to look at and simply put look right. This GZ looks like a good attempt, but lacks any kind of real style or engineering finess unless red anodizing is enough to get your juices going. It's not really a pretty engine is it[&o]
It wouldn't be high on my list of have to haves as I like to get good value for my hard earned dollars
If you want a nice 010, get a Cox, they work, you can get spares for them and the earlier Red and Gold ones look great.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:09 AM
nitroairplane

raglafart i agree with most of what you said but you cant deny that this engine has character yes the tee dee .010 is lovely and i have several
Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Diesel Die-hard

The fact that the engine hadn't made reserve last tme I looked seems to imply that the seller has a somewhat inflated view of this engine's value, exspecially given the fact that neither he nor anyone else appears to know exactlywhat it is!So I'm with raglafart on this one - I'm happy with my Valenines, Bambi's, Kalpers and Kemp Hawks.An engine of unknown provenance and unknown quality is not worth anything near what the reserve appears to be set at for this one! I won't be bidding ........... That said, if anyone on this thread wins the engine, I for one would be most curious to know how the deal turned out in terms of the engine's quality!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:36 PM
nitroairplane

Yeah dont think i am bidding on this one but you never know if the reserve is not met i might offer a buy it now price

Old 05-05-2011, 01:29 AM
balsaworks

This is a quality product from the Czech republic. It has nothing to do with CS.
It was hand made by a gentleman in Prague, who produced a small series of these engines - I can't for my life remember the name behind the initials - Gustav something.
Peter Chinn described the GZ .12 in an "Engine round-up" feature in Model Airplane News, sometime in the 80's, and he mentioned the full name but I plain forgot.
Anyway, a friend of mine who travelled regularly to Prague in the 80's, and was very interested in miniature diesels brought home a small batch of these engines and I bought a couple from him.
They came with a choice of red, blue or plain alu heads. They were mounted on cards and each engines was supplied with a hand carved laminated wooden prop.
I have my whole collection of engines stashed away at this point due to other commitments, I'll see if I can find the other GZ .12 with the card and prop and get a photo of that too, it's all very neat.

The c/case casting may not be up to OS standards but the moving parts on my engines at least are really well machined & finished; the engines are silky smooth, with perfect fits all around and perfect compression.
I have used a regular Cox 3 x 1.25" prop for running; it's a good size.
The engine is easy to start and to adjust.
A lovely engine indeed.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:07 PM
balsaworks

I found my 2 engines, they were purchased in 1992.
I was wrong about the prop - it isn't laminated, but it's hand carved & very well made
There were some notes included by the manufacturer, in case someone is interested;
"one third of fuel standard" probably means equal parts ether/kerosene/oil. I use a little less oil for the mini diesels. The GZ .12 isn't sensitive about the fuel blend but it's essential to use an ignition improver

Old 05-05-2011, 12:24 PM
nitroairplane

wow very nice engines if i knew they were so good i would have bid on it but now i have an Ae.1cc instead Thank you so much for posting about these engines they are very and if i see one come up again ill go for it.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:27 PM
nitroairplane

is the engine in your avatar owned by you? thank you
Old 05-05-2011, 02:02 PM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

I wasn't far off the mark. Very nice looking engines and they seem to make some power. Too bad they are so rare.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 PM
balsaworks

ORIGINAL: nitroairplane

is the engine in your avatar owned by you? thank you
Yes, it's another little gem from the Czech republic; an LD 0.1 cc (.006 c.i.) diesel made by Ladislav Davidovic.
Not nearly as powerful as the GZ, but just right for a little free flight model.
It is used to power the Comper Swift that I posted in this thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5817293/tm.htm (page 1, a little bit down the page)

Old 05-06-2011, 07:40 AM
nitroairplane

That is an even nicer looking angine do you know if any of the eastern European tiny diesels are still being made?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:29 AM
balsaworks

No nitro, I'm afraid I don't. I haven't been active for some years now, and don't have any contacts anymore.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:53 PM
nitroairplane

Ok this is the way with almost everyone i ask it appears the only person making micro diesels is Ronald Valentine.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Reginald

The name is Zapletal
greetz reggy
Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM
nitroairplane

Reginald from the engines on your website and the threads that you have posted on i am guessing you are a fan of and  knowledgeable about tiny diesel and was wondering if you had ever tried to convert a cox 010 to run on diesel as i have tried but keep breaking cranks and also have you seen Ronald Valentines nano bee 0.006cc diesel it only weighs one gram
Old 06-01-2015, 03:57 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Czech LD 0,18 ccm. in traditional piston port configuration. It's tiny.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0728[1].JPG
Views:	108
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2099900  
Old 06-05-2015, 08:49 AM
balsaworks

Congratulations. It's a very practical unit, should you decide to use it. It has a threaded steel insert for the comp. screw and an iron contra-piston instead of alumunium which seems to be common practice in other Czech mini-diesels.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:25 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Balsaworks

It is a very well made unit with a lot of well thought out features. Unfortunately I can not get it to run, I only get the occasional 'pop'. Compression is a little soft.

I have an email address for Ladislav Davidovich. I will enquire to see if he may have a replacement piston/liner set.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:17 AM
Reginald

It's been ages since I've been on this site but here it is the Cox 010 diesel no I have not run it yet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090121.JPG
Views:	1721
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	2100735  
Old 06-06-2015, 10:50 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fiery just a thought -- try the old drone formula 70% ether 30% oil; NO KERO maybe 2 or 3% ignition improver--you might get a run martin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.