Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

More Fox .15 Schneurle BB Info please

First, many thanks to all that have replied already. I need just a little more info please. Some have mentioned plugging the porting on this engine for a better/smoother/more economical run. Why would this be a good idea on a Schneurle engine to begin with? Also, exactly how would be done? You guys seem to know your stuff down under, so I am once again turning to you for the info.
    Would it have been better to have started with a regularly ported engine to begin with? What good does theschneurle porting do if that is the case?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: More Fox .15 Schneurle BB Info please

If you want mileage like in a tank size restricted event then it may help to plug the middle transfer. I would want more power normally. The LA .15 goes pretty good and it isn't a true schneurle. Likely similar results in diesels, more power with three ports. I am from 'up over' not down under though.
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks! I just couldn't figure out what plugging the port would do. Your answer makes all the sense in the world.
    By the way, I once rec'd a note from a fellow who said that he lives in Canuckistan; being from Louisiana, I have used Cajunistan as my home designation. Hope that is not offensive to you- if it is just delete it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't even know where the term Canuk came from.  I think from our own country.  Call me what you will, just not late for dinner.  Cajun originates from eastern Canada I believe too.
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A misuse of L'Acadian, slurred to Cajun. My family on my paternal grandmother's side runs back to Acadia up in our northeast. I'm proud of it, even though I had no say in the matter...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You do not need to plug the boost port the engine runs great and over 20 minutes on 4 ozs. We are now selling complete Fox .15 b.b. R/C for $139.95 plus shipping.
    Bob Davis, Owner - Davis Diesel Development

Bob being steel liner iron piston is there really a need to break in on glow fuel or just do the run in on diesel fuel??? martin