Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

More Fox .15 Schneurle BB Info please

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
chuck100charles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Fox .15 Schneurle BB Info please

First, many thanks to all that have replied already. I need just a little more info please. Some have mentioned plugging the porting on this engine for a better/smoother/more economical run. Why would this be a good idea on a Schneurle engine to begin with? Also, exactly how would be done? You guys seem to know your stuff down under, so I am once again turning to you for the info.
Would it have been better to have started with a regularly ported engine to begin with? What good does theschneurle porting do if that is the case?

Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: More Fox .15 Schneurle BB Info please

If you want mileage like in a tank size restricted event then it may help to plug the middle transfer. I would want more power normally. The LA .15 goes pretty good and it isn't a true schneurle. Likely similar results in diesels, more power with three ports. I am from 'up over' not down under though.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:57 PM
chuck100charles

Thanks! I just couldn't figure out what plugging the port would do. Your answer makes all the sense in the world.
By the way, I once rec'd a note from a fellow who said that he lives in Canuckistan; being from Louisiana, I have used Cajunistan as my home designation. Hope that is not offensive to you- if it is just delete it!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:49 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't even know where the term Canuk came from.  I think from our own country.  Call me what you will, just not late for dinner.  Cajun originates from eastern Canada I believe too.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 PM
chuck100charles

A misuse of L'Acadian, slurred to Cajun. My family on my paternal grandmother's side runs back to Acadia up in our northeast. I'm proud of it, even though I had no say in the matter...
Old 05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
ddd

You do not need to plug the boost port the engine runs great and over 20 minutes on 4 ozs. We are now selling complete Fox .15 b.b. R/C for $139.95 plus shipping.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:24 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob being steel liner iron piston is there really a need to break in on glow fuel or just do the run in on diesel fuel??? martin