Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Cox .09 Diesel Conversion Heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cox .09 Diesel Conversion Heads

A friend has connection in Poland, where they race cars with TD 09's. He made connections to get the TD 09 head drilled for a Nelson plug. I sent him all my burned out heads. Most went to Poland, but I got a couple back drilled for the Nelson plug. I tached them as running about 200 RPM faster than the stock high compression head, and thought the engine ran smoother with them.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Dan Vincent

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gazimoto mentioned Stan Pilgrim set an Australian Midge record with a Rossi .09 diesel.

Stan told me he used a Hungarian Alag X4 Hybrid diesel engine and I even made him a custom box for it.

He never told me the details of the engine but I think it used an Alag case and internals from something else, maybe a Rossi......

Here is a picture of a stock Alag X4 that I used to get size for Stan's engine. I also had pictures of his model on the back of the box with dates and details.

The art work is still in my old computer but the monitor doesn't come on so I can't get to it right now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86234.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	1775278  
Old 06-24-2012, 03:37 PM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dan Vincent

Gazimoto mentioned Stan Pilgrim set an Australian Midge record with a Rossi .09 diesel.

Stan told me he used a Hungarian Alag X4 Hybrid diesel engine and I even made him a custom box for it.

He never told me the details of the engine but I think it used an Alag case and internals from something else, maybe a Rossi......

Here is a picture of a stock Alag X4 that I used to get size for Stan's engine. I also had pictures of his model on the back of the box with dates and details.

The art work is still in my old computer but the monitor doesn't come on so I can't get to it right now.

Dan,

what I said was that Ian Gapps set a Midge record using a Rossi 09 with a diesel head that was probably made by Stan Pilgrim.

Possibly a different speed class to the one set by Stan himself with a lightened Alag 1.5cc diesel.

A few decades ago there was considerable local interest in Midge Speed and several different classes IIRC.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:06 PM
qazimoto

The Nova Rossi 09 glow is again on special at PlanetHobby for USD60.

As mentioned above it would make a nice hot PB Diesel.

See: http://www.planethobby.com/collections/2-09

Ray
Old 12-11-2013, 03:08 AM
greggles47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you had to be quick Ray, site now says the're sold out.

I wonder if the crank would fit the Cipolla? Site says 10mm, if it's bigger I wonder if the Cipolla case has enough meat to take a bore?

So many questions!

Greg
Old 12-11-2013, 04:54 AM
qazimoto

Originally Posted by greggles47
I guess you had to be quick Ray, site now says the're sold out.

I wonder if the crank would fit the Cipolla? Site says 10mm, if it's bigger I wonder if the Cipolla case has enough meat to take a bore?

So many questions!

Greg
... and so few answers!

I have a new HT Steel Cipolla 09 diesel crank down the shed somewhere. Keep reminding me and I'll give it to you.

Merry Xmas, Ray
Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM
greggles47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qazimoto
... and so few answers!

I have a new HT Steel Cipolla 09 diesel crank down the shed somewhere. Keep reminding me and I'll give it to you.

Merry Xmas, Ray
Thanks Ray, I'll remember to remind you.

And a Merry Xmas to you.

G