Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

OS10LA carb question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OS10LA carb question

Have a OS 10LA with Davis head, would like to replace the rear needle valve setup with a complete RC carb in the front , Any idea what fits and where to get one??

martin

Note I already did this with my OS Max 32SX Davis head with a generic carb from Just Engines and filed off the holder on the rear backplate
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: OS10LA carb question

Martin, I would be interested in why do this when the LA carbs work perfectly as is and since fuel can neither be stretched nor compressed, the needle could be in the bottom of the tank and still do its job.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:07 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll need to know the carb base diameter measurement, for where the carb fits into the intake hole in the engine.
But good candidates are the OS 10FP engine, and the Thunder Tiger small engines such as the GP 07, GP10 and maybe the GP15 too.
There may be a small Perry carb that would fit too. http://www.perrypumps.com/prod01.htm

Old 07-22-2012, 05:20 AM
AMB

Good morning diesel guys the front carb allows a nicer installation of the engine, further back on the mounts no hole needed in cowl, really need no, just my thing
however no way am I going to spend $40 for a Perry carb for this engine we can live with it , it does work.I like the idea of direct fuel metering at the carb rather than the fuel line from needle to barrel on the intake one less line to deal with martin

there was a disscussion on wether a direct feed to the front carb was a better idea ????

OS might have done this for safety reasons fingers away from prop TT solved it with an angled needle
Old 07-22-2012, 06:52 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The OS10FP carb is not a direct replacement as it is a little longer and if my memory is correct the screw holes might be compromised. Also if you want to replace the leaking backplate the 10FP backplate does not fit as the LA10 was redesigned and the liner drops further down .
Dennis
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 AM
AMB

Dennis THX for the comeback we will just leave as is martin

When I first got the engine a no runner pulled the needle and hooked up a piece of tubing to the fuel intake blew thru it (blocked) took a hyperdermic needle pushed in on fuel intake and needle valve hole then using a 10cc syringe with a piece of fuel tubing pushed air in fuel intake, out came a speck of black plastic which was blocking it guess there when it was made runs fine now