Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Big P.A.W.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:05 PM
Recycled Flyer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=scottyo;12001291 The tops of the mounting holes are clean, but if you look closely, you can see the bottoms have some elongation wear (which seems a little odd to me).[/QUOTE]

If the tops of the mounting holes are good but the bottoms are not then I doubt that its been hogged out to fit badly placed bolt holes (unless they were drilled at some crazy angle!)

It looks more like the engine got very loose at one stage and the threaded shaft of the bolts acted like a rasp on the lower surface - just a guess as I got nothing else.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:06 AM
scottyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Recycled Flyer
What is wrong with a good old hydraulic lock with oil and a heat gun on the bolt?
This worked great RF!!! I mounted the engine in my test stand, clamped it inverted to my work table, and squirted some Marvel Tool Oil thru a bit of tubing into the cylinder. It didn't take much and the bolt came right out. (And NO leaks top or bottom.)

I didn't have to disassemble anything - Thanks!

Last edited by scottyo; 03-21-2015 at 03:09 AM.