Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Goings on at Davis Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 10:12 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Goings on at Davis Diesel

I have not talked to Bob Davis in a month so decided to call and see what as going on in "diesel land" I needed fuel and sometimes
when you talk to Bob he does have some time, sometimes he does not, but today he did his CNC shop is up and running and he is rebuilding his head inventory, He now has the OS AX heads as well as the whole OS LA series and evidently steaming along even car heads now, certainly appears diesels are not dying. Looks like diesel RC cars are now a reality not into rc trucks but this has my intrest
martin
Old 02-03-2006, 11:12 AM
gniessen
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goings on at Davis Diesel

I would love to convert my ThunderQuake to Diesel. I would guess you might want a bit heavier flywheel. And may want to convert from pull start to a drill powered starter. I drew up plans for a diesel head for the .21 and checked with a local machine shop. It would have cost $70 per head for a minimum of 4, or $160 for 1. Would prefer a Davis conversion. I'll have to call him and see if it is an option. I have a FP-20 airplane that is diesel and it is cool.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Goings on at Davis Diesel

Your stock flywheel should be just fine, the compression on the conversion is actually lower than some glow engines, for example the compression on my Saito .80 is too high for Diesel operation, I've tried it numerous times.