Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

new Cyclon 09 Diesel engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:27 PM
u07856

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Cyclon 09 Diesel engine

Cyclon created a new 09 Diesel engine the 09 JAK 2006
Anyone already some experience with this engine?

[link=http://www.cyclonengines.narod.ru/09TYR.html]http://www.cyclonengines.narod.ru/09TYR.html[/link]

gr,
Marco
Old 04-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Bodge

Default RE: new Cyclon 09 Diesel engine

You seen the fuel recommendation for this engine?

Fuel mix:
-kerosine 55%
-castor oil 5%
-sinthetic oil 5%
-ether 35%

That's 10% oil?

I've had a play with the Cyclon 15 combat engine - the engineering is superb and it revs like h+ll. I've never heard of this motor running on 10%, though...
Old 04-14-2006, 09:45 PM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10% would only be for a team race type application, were to get duration you reduce oil to get more combustible mix into the restricted fuel volume. Competetive F2C racers run 10% oil if they can afford new engines. If you want the engine to last a long time you would run 20% oil or more. Racing costs money.

Greg
Old 11-22-2012, 12:22 AM
BrianSteb

Hi all,Im\'m very new to rc universe but thought I must comment on Cyclon Engines, but more so Alekandre Kalmikov, the owner.I ordered one of these engines in early October. I was quoted a lead time via email from him of 3-4 weeks. No problem there! I asked how to make payment, (approximately US$370.00) and he said to send it via Western Union. Again no problem!I sent the money and he notified me via email that he had picked the money and would start to make the engine. I left him to it for 4 weeks and emailed him for an update. He replied that it would be another 3-5 days. I left it another week and emailed again. No reply! I have even tried to ring him but all I get is an answering machine speaking in Russian, so I don't know what is said!I have emailed him now half a dozen times with no reply. I don't think he has any intention of supplying the engine!He has taken the money and run!So, if you are thinking about ordering from Cyclon, think hard before sending your hard earned cash to Russia!I would be curious tho, that if anyone else emails him, whether he replies? Bit hard to imagine his emails been down for 3 weeks tho! If he does reply to your enquiry, make sure you mention the motor hes supposed to send to Australia!Cheers,Brian
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 AM
BrianSteb

Hi all,I'm very new to rc universe but thought I must comment on Cyclon Engines, but more so Alekandre Kalmikov, the owner.I ordered one of these engines in early October. I was quoted a lead time via email from him of 3-4 weeks. No problem there! I asked how to make payment, (approximately US$370.00) and he said to send it via Western Union. Again no problem!I sent the money and he notified me via email that he had picked the money and would start to make the engine. I left him to it for 4 weeks and emailed him for an update. He replied that it would be another 3-5 days. I left it another week and emailed again. No reply! I have even tried to ring him but all I get is an answering machine speaking in Russian, so I don't know what is said!I have emailed him now half a dozen times with no reply. I don't think he has any intention of supplying the engine!He has taken the money and run!So, if you are thinking about ordering from Cyclon, think hard before sending your hard earned cash to Russia!I would be curious tho, that if anyone else emails him, whether he replies? Bit hard to imagine his emails been down for 3 weeks tho! If he does reply to your enquiry, make sure you mention the motor hes supposed to send to Australia!Cheers,BrianAdelaideAustralia
Old 11-22-2012, 12:52 AM
BrianSteb

Hi all,I'm very new to rc universe but thought I must comment on Cyclon Engines, but more so Alekandre Kalmikov, the owner.I ordered one of these engines in early October. I was quoted a lead time via email from him of 3-4 weeks. No problem there! I asked how to make payment, (approximately US$370.00) and he said to send it via Western Union. Again no problem!I sent the money and he notified me via email that he had picked the money and would start to make the engine. I left him to it for 4 weeks and emailed him for an update. He replied that it would be another 3-5 days. I left it another week and emailed again. No reply! I have even tried to ring him but all I get is an answering machine speaking in Russian, so I don't know what is said!I have emailed him now half a dozen times with no reply. I don't think he has any intention of supplying the engine!He has taken the money and run!So, if you are thinking about ordering from Cyclon, think hard before sending your hard earned cash to Russia!I would be curious tho, that if anyone else emails him, whether he replies? Bit hard to imagine his emails been down for 3 weeks tho! If he does reply to your enquiry, make sure you mention the motor hes supposed to send to Australia!Cheers,BrianAdelaideAustralia
Old 11-22-2012, 12:53 AM
BrianSteb

Old 11-22-2012, 07:19 AM
coriolan

ORIGINAL: BrianSteb

One post would have been enough
Old 11-22-2012, 07:30 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian situation does not sound good. It would seem he would have at least one or two made up ahead to go go out the door when ordered martin
ask for your money back

then again its hard to believe he would risk his reputation on a scam something is amiss
Old 11-22-2012, 07:53 AM
flyingflea1

The plot thickens, see here, Aleks Kalmykov
Old 11-22-2012, 05:15 PM
BrianSteb

Oops! Sorry about the multiple posts! I thought it didn't work the first time i pushed the button! but, low and behold, it worked every time!Cheers,Brian
Old 11-22-2012, 05:24 PM
BrianSteb

I would ask for my money back if he ever replies to my emails! Fat chance of that ever happening me thinks!Who knows, there might be a legitimate reason for him not answering. All i can do is sit tight and pray he has a change of heart or rectifies his problems!Will keep you all informed! This post was meant as just a warning for anyone else thinking of ordering one. Cheers,Brian
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM
BrianSteb

Update on the cyclon engines and Alaekander Kalmikov!

I got a reply from him at long last! Quote;- "Hello dear Brian, sorry for delay reply! Your engine in work. More 1-2 weeks".

So, maybe something was amiss after all! As you can see there's no excuces as to why its taken so long, (maybe personal reasons). Maybe my post in here worked too?
Either way, looks like there's a chance Ill get my engine by Xmas with a bit of luck! Will keep you informed
Cheers , Brian
Old 11-30-2012, 10:07 AM
DeviousDave

The thing you have to understand about guys making engines like Cyclon does is that the facilities, machinery, and skilled labor they employ are capable of a LOT more than producing small engines. They might be producing the engines as a side business to supplement what little private or government work they get-I guarantee that the total number of Cyclons produced yearly aren't enough to support the machinery it takes to make them. This is (part of) the reason that Norvels went away, they got 'real' work for their plant that paid the bills. Fortunately they are getting started back up-have you guys seen their glow plug ignition .46 gasser? One of the guys here on the forum has one to test and it looks great!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM
peterburford

Dave,
You are certainly correct. Anyone making an engine like this does it with passion and is unlikely to be fraudulent.
Peter
Old 12-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Recycled Flyer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: peterburford

Dave,
You are certainly correct. Anyone making an engine like this does it with passion and is unlikely to be fraudulent.
Peter
Iam sorry Peter but I would have to disagree on the fraud bit.

Fraud is based on intention and intention was given by accepting the money and giving a time frame not once but twice that has well and truly blown out.
A contractual situation was agreed upon and Ihave yet to see any valid attempt to rectify it by delivery of the product, Iwait with bated breath just like Brian is.

Despite his passion (and we could all be classed as this for even belonging to the hobby ), how long would this builder last in business if he live here in Australia with a work ethic like that?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:36 PM
peterburford

Yes, I stand corrected.
Each delivery promise has been false.
Not acceptable anywhere and it certainly would not be tolerated here!
I guess I overlooked this, when considering the amount of work needed to make his engine and thinking that he would be unlikely to do this as a scam for our very limited market.
Peter
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 PM
DeviousDave

Well intended people make mistakes and/or get overextended all the time. What makes this bad is the distance and language barrier. It would be terrible if Cyclon didn't either get things moving along again or take the high road and make things right with people who have pre-paid for engines, they are too great an asset to the modeling community for that to happen. Lets hope whatever is happening in Novosibirsk is temporary.

How many of you guys knew that when Norvel first started making engines they didn't have any heat in the plant? I hope that changed once they got rolling..... Russia's one cold SOB in the winter.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Recycled Flyer

What is the point of having a chromed contrapiston here? To resist carbon build up?

"cromed contrapiston diameter 7 mm into head."
Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 AM
DeviousDave

Probably to keep it from sticking due to carbon build up. There are no corrosion problems like you might have with glow fuel.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Recycled Flyer

Could also be an interpretation error on 'chomed' and it could really be 'domed' so that it now reads "domed contrapiston diameter 7 mm into head."
Old 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM
BrianSteb

Hi again all,
Just a quick update on my order from Alekander. NOTHING TO REPORT AS USUAL! I stated above that i did get an email after a long silence from him saying that 'Engine is in work. More 1-2 weeks" Well, its been almost 3 weeks now. I did send him another email asking for an update, but still no reply! Either he is so busy making engines or as someone stated above, doing what little private or government work he gets! hard to believe I think. This is now the 3rd time he has promised a delivery date and the 3rd time he hasnt come to the party! I don't believe he has a problem understanding English either. Especially when it comes to picking up his money! This would not be tolerated in Australia and shouldn't be anywhere in the world! Its been almost 3 months now and all I get is either silence from him or bull...t. He has no sense of morals and no excuses. If he couldn't do the job in the original 3-4 weeks stated, he shouldnt have quoted that time just to get the money. He should have stated that it could take up to 3 months and I would have accepted that and waited. Not this drawn out pack of lies. I would not order from him again and I dont think anyone else should either!

Cheers, Brian
Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 PM
DeviousDave

Have you asked for a refund?

Might be better than questioning his morals. Lots of businesses miss delivery dates. This diesel is probably the lowest volume product he makes-I agree that he should be more honest and available for communication but you get more flies with honey than vinegar. Just ask for your money back and be done with it.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
BrianSteb

As I have said, I would ask for my money back if he ever replies! He shouldn't have taken the money in the first place if he couldn't do the job within the lead time quoted. I know it's only one motor but, sheesh! As far as his morals are concerned, it it blatently obvious what they are. 
There are no excuses for his behavior and think that people should think long and hard before dealing with him again!
Cheers,
Bruan
Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 PM
flyingflea1

contrapiston is brass and has a shallow conical depression, presume exterior is chromed

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69604.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1833740  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.