Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

best 40 for conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 02:34 PM
SBOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best 40 for conversion

I have three good running well broken in glow engines I'm considering for conversion.
My TT GP 42 has exceptional compression and has the smoothest,prettyest, blemish free mirror finish on the sleeve I've ever seen. Would it make a good DD conversion?
Should I go with a 40 ringed Super Tigre , or a 45 ABC Super Tigre.

The Super Tigres are strong running glow engines so I'd rather leave well enough alone.
Would the Thunder Tigre make a good diesel conversion? It's also a good running glow engine, but is'nt as powerfull as the Super Tigres.

Thanks,
Oscar
Old 12-24-2006, 05:09 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: best 40 for conversion

What a question since all good choices the GP is a plain bushing which is fine use davis plane fuel the others are BB thus ABC fuel
Ihave a ST40 ringed converted runs great and a a TT46 and 61 ABC all great with Davis heads there is nothing wrong with a bushed engine the LA series are used and make terrific conversions If you go with the BB engine when you do more bb engines you only need one fuel type ABC mix in the UK they are into ringed engines for pattern Flip a coin ?? If on doubt convert 2 martin

pne thought on riinged after many many houre only the ring needed to be replaced not the the piston amd cylinder
Old 12-24-2006, 10:01 PM
erik58
My Feedback: (4)

hello- any of those engines would be good.right now I have a mag GP 40 with a R J L head and os 46 sf with a davis head and just engines piston & cylinder both run excellent. the super tiger is good too. good luck Erik
Old 12-24-2006, 11:39 PM
AMB

Erik said it too no "clunkers" in any of the choices pick one and have a Merry Christmas too martin
Old 12-25-2006, 12:21 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: erik58

hello- any of those engines would be good.right now I have a mag GP 40 with a R J L head and os 46 sf with a davis head and just engines piston & cylinder both run excellent. the super tiger is good too. good luck Erik

----------------

I have an older plain bearing Magnum .40 and the RJL Diesel conversion head that I bought for it, but haven't ran the combo as yet. Have you ran yours? What do you think of it, if so? TIA

Ed Cregger
Old 12-25-2006, 01:38 PM
erik58
My Feedback: (4)

bolt the head on fly it to death. it's a good combo I got mine used it's about 10 years old. Erik
Old 12-25-2006, 04:45 PM
chevy43

Well my favoirite so far is my .40 LA with a Davis head. It burns My "Baker Black Brew Bunker fuel oil" perfectly and will hand start. I have put it though alot of abouse expirementing with it and it seems to have taken it all with no harm. I have flown it so many times in the las 6 months that I can't count them.

I have one RJL head conversion that I have had good result with on the bench on a old tower .40.

The nice thing about both of thease engines is that you can buy them dirt cheap used and pretty cheap new.

Small carbs like the LA .40 are better.