Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

RJL diesel heda for TT pro 46?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:59 PM
grant-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RJL diesel heda for TT pro 46?

Does RJL make a diesel head for a TT pro 46? I noticied their heads are alot cheaper than the davis head.

The os and TT 40 heads ar $25 from RJL and $60 from davis.
MECOA.com only list a few diesel heads.

Are the RJL heads as good as Davis heads? Really dont want to sink $60 in a $70 engine if theres a cheaper alternative.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:20 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RJL diesel heda for TT pro 46?

Grant they only make the 049/061 norvel cox and the 40 size for the OS and its clones. back in the posts some one was using the RJL 40 and it dropped its contra destroying his engine I really do not think they spent a lot of time thinking these out I am not going to bash the product. But with the number of Davis heads out there over the last 32 years no issues I know of . I have the TT pro 46 with his head and a great combo you have to remember over the course of a year or longer the price difference is not an issue. on cheap products remember the Yugo car imported in this country??? Yes his head is more bucks , sevral examples that I have where the factory issue was a problem was the Irvine 40 diesel (they diid drop a few contras) Davis made replacements have 4, MVVS 61 no means of locking compression screw it loostens in use davis makes head for it for me and a few other guys, end of problem Davis uses a helicoil on the head and compression screw rides in that thus tension on screw is applied to the coil not the screw ( screw does not get bugged up). the squish band is on the money for proper combustion Price well one of my best engines ST 40 $50 Davis head 45$ when they were made Irvine diesel 40 $150 nad I still converted to davis not wanting to take a chance on losing an engine that is not replacable
You will have no more or a little less $ in this than an OS (glow) new .. The TTs and of course OS really shine with Davis heads

Bottom line you will not go wrong with davis martin
Old 03-22-2007, 08:02 PM
grant-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks,

I will go with davis. I got my paw 06 and it runs good right out of the box! Im loving the diesel! Too bad my wife is complaining about how i smell! LOL I smell strongly of burned kerosene. However I always like the smell of Kerosene buring.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:52 PM
gabe200
My Feedback: (21)

its just one person rjl has a good product never had a problem and so does davis all depends what you like cabt base a product one failure have you tried rjl heade i have
Old 06-28-2007, 02:20 AM
merugo

Grant, did you try the fine lemonene mix in diesel fuels thread? By sure cytrus scent may be more grateful to smell!