Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Everything Diesel
Reload this Page >

enya 25 D finally can adjust compression no hassel

Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

enya 25 D finally can adjust compression no hassel

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:25 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default enya 25 D finally can adjust compression no hassel

This does it, no lock nut or deep well socket required , can grab lock bar with finger and use t handle, life does get easier (and safer)
that is of course the enya 25D in the eflite beaver conversion martin

I might make an other locker put a 90 degree bend in it, a bit longer and easier to grab
will rotate the cowl a few degrees drill new holes the so the stripe lines up
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74085.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1462732  
Old 07-04-2010, 02:41 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: enya 25 D finally can adjust compression no hassel

A minor hi-jack of thread here.

I have an ENYA Ultra 11 CXD which I recently acquired 2nd hand.

But ...

Think to myself ... I really dont like the elongated allen key head grub screw (set screw) compression adjuster. Looks weird. What to do?

Get myself old 6mm x 1 socket head screw. Grind screw head and shape to nice "nub". Dremel to correct length. Drill through centre of nub and heat, insert straight piece of music wire for tommy bar. Cool and tommy bar is locked [8D]. Round off ends of tommy bar.

Make nice little lock lever out of aluminium sheet, tap to thread. Looks nice, even though engine probably won't need it.

Now, the ENYA Ultra 11 CXD looks like a traditional diesel .... and adjusting compression is "non issue". Once all set in airframe, can always re-install grub screw and "rock nut" as supplied with engine (love the Japlish instructions) if desired.

Will fire up next week-end and will post results.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:23 AM
AMB

Thought about that, the Ace Hardware does have them, was in a hurry and a bit lazy, so took the one I made off my enyna CX11D
it was painted red and just relocated it to the Enya 25D. will do that and will have the proper diesel dress. this works but sort of looks like
Hillbilly engineering, will make 2 one for the 11CX too. thx
All Davis conversions have the allen and his friction lock does not of course require an external lock bar, the exception are the cox and 10 heads with that neat little thumb screw with a coil spring under it martin

PS you will really like that little enya, in my classic traditional bunch I also have a MVVS 09 RC Carby, it flew my little clancy lazy bee for a number of years before its demise flying at the school athletic field, I had bought it used, pulled out the old brushed motor, speed contoller, and huge
NicCad pack and sold that for what I paid for the ship,. I was flying quite high past limits of the field and as I turned around the wing broke
in half and it crashed into the roof of a house across the street, everybody bailed out of the house from the noise of impact, no roof damage
The chap was quite nice, they got out a ladder and his son went on the roof and gathered the remains the engine was undamaged.
The fellow that built it did not have the main spar joiner ply in the wing just butt glued the 2 halves together this I found out from the remains

martin
Old 07-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Martin, you should take up Forensic crash analysis and get a TV show.[8D]
I'm still using the lock nut on my .25D. It seems to be a set and forget engine.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:24 AM
AMB

Dave the locking nut thing is no issue when easily acessable ( not buried in the cowl) and with the Davis conversion OS32 in the other beaver as I think I posted will only require
a small hole to stick the T handle thru since no lock nuts with his head system.
The demise of the bee should have been filmed it was almost a Faulty Towers type thing(Brit TV comedy series with John Clease)

Wait NOT DONE several weeks later my wife Sandy was flying my electric powered glider made the same turn over the same house and ran out of battery it was coming home on
the final and not enough altitude to clear the large tree in front of the house in made a gentle landing in the tree top.by sheer luck a Florida Power and Light truck was down the street
and they ran up the power boom ladder and got it down how could they say no to a nice lady??

Glad to hear about the set and forget thing on the enya my last run was awsome maybe thats where it stays

And yes there is an other Lazy Bee it wears a TT10 davis head only flown a couple of times martin