RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Everything Diesel (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/everything-diesel-87/)
-   -   2.5cc/.15 cu in Diesel for CL (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/everything-diesel-87/10904198-2-5cc-15-cu-diesel-cl.html)

Godsey 01-11-2012 05:28 PM

2.5cc/.15 cu in Diesel for CL

Hello. I want to build a Peacemaker and was wondering what diesel I can put in it. It is supposed to be a 2.5cc Oliver Tiger. I have not been able to find a replica so I need something else. I cannot get a Paw because they are too expensive for me. Any engines welcome. Thanks

fiery 01-11-2012 06:28 PM

RE: 2.5cc/.15 cu in Diesel for CL

Sharma SP .15 From Eric Clutton (may as well make it the .19) is an option.

If you want something really nice, with twin ball races, a Taipan sS.66 .15 reproduction from DeltaZ. Cost here in Australia is AUD$180. That may be too expensive if funds are tight I guess. Spares are rerasonably priced and there is support however.

AMB 01-11-2012 06:38 PM

how about a fox 15 with Davis head and the fox 15 c/l carb?? Davis has the whole package martin

135 dollars or so that or the Tiapan a few more $$ ,and as Fiery said PAW 19 all winners

and they will go for decades

Godsey 01-11-2012 07:08 PM

Where is the Fox at on the Davis website?

AMB 01-11-2012 07:16 PM

send him an email at [email protected] website not updated yet, he has already sold some martin

qazimoto 01-11-2012 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Godsey

Hello. I want to build a Peacemaker and was wondering what diesel I can put in it. It is supposed to be a 2.5cc Oliver Tiger. I have not been able to find a replica so I need something else. I cannot get a Paw because they are too expensive for me. Any engines welcome. Thanks

Which Peacemaker were you looking at building?

The profile or full fuselage?

Do you particularly need a diesel? If funds are scarce one of the light weight OS style glows work very well in the profile fuse version,
and would do until you could save up enough for a real Oliver Tiger.

The latter is available again and there is also a very good Russian replica.

I'd stay away from the glow/diesel conversions for c/l, the ones I've seen don't last very well.

Ray

KeroPower 01-11-2012 09:31 PM

How about the Marz 2.5 cc diesel sold by Mecoa for $35? The one I have works pretty well.<div></div><div>Or how about the Fox .15 C/L glow sold by Tower Hobbies for $65? I have one and it is very quiet and smooth running. It is powering one of spad delta homemade R/C planes at the moment. Hand starting can be rather challenging though. Be sure to use a fuel with plenty of castor oil.</div>

Mr Cox 01-11-2012 10:32 PM

You can get PAW .15 directly from the source, with our without BB; [link=http://www.eifflaender.com/techdets.htm]PAW engines[/link]
or from Carlson if you prefer. That's the cheapest in the long-run compared to discontinued brands.

DeviousDave 01-12-2012 01:20 AM

If you order from Clutton, you stand a better chance of getting a runner than if you bought from PAW. He test runs them before shipping them out, PAW has been a little hit or miss lately.

pe reivers 01-12-2012 06:37 AM

The MVVS .15 diesels are still available as well.

Godsey 01-12-2012 01:40 PM

I will be building the profile version. And no, it does not have to be diesel. I was thinking about saving up for a little while and getting a .19 Veco. Any thoughts? Anyone have any links to CL Glow engines? Also, how much power does the Fox .15 Cl Engine have compared to an .15 FP RC?

Mr Cox 01-12-2012 02:00 PM

The Veco .19 is a classic glow engine, can't go wrong there. I have a 30 year old engine that makes does around 12500rpm on a 9x4 prop with the stock muffler (and RC).
I think Mecoa are still selling piston and liners for these too.

qazimoto 01-12-2012 02:28 PM

The profile Peacemake/OS 15 FP is a popular combination here in Australia and they're often used in slow combat competitions with good results.

The OS with a muffler is about the same weight as an Oliver Tiger, and on 10% nitro fuel makes a similar power to a standard OT.

I don't really know about the Fox 15. I have one of the plain bearing c/l versions and find it rather gutless, and very poorly made down to a price.

I really can't see why others are so keen on them, although now they're made in China they might be better than my example. :D

There are three Peacemakers down the shed. One has an Oliver Tiger mk4, another a very fixed up CS OT, and the third a glow Super Tiger G15.

Ray

Godsey 01-12-2012 02:40 PM

Well the reason I am building this plane is because I want something bigger and faster. I have been flying Cox Control line for awhile now and I have always heard bigger flies better. So I looked for some time until I found the Peacemaker. I decided that I would only build this plane if a good engine was readily available.

qazimoto 01-12-2012 03:15 PM

Well the reason I am building this plane is because I want something bigger and faster. I have been flying Cox Control line for awhile now and I have always heard bigger flies better. So I looked for some time until I found the Peacemaker. I decided that I would only build this plane if a good engine was readily available.

Do you have a plan? There's a few digital copies around the internet these days. Another good'in is the Smousin, a Spanish version of the Peacemaker.

Have a browse around these for free stuff and good ideas.: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/index.asp

Otherwise the best of the c/l forums is the Barton one at:

http://www.controlline.org.uk/phpBB2/portal.php

Ray

Godsey 01-12-2012 03:40 PM

I actually got the plan from outerzone/rcgroups.

qazimoto 01-12-2012 03:51 PM

I actually got the plan from outerzone/rcgroups.

Hippocket's good as well!

Ray

steve111 01-12-2012 09:54 PM

If you want something relatively cheap that will do a good job, there are plenty of good Enya 19s turning up on eBay all the time. Unmuffled they're about the same weight as an Oliver; also nice to run and very hard to wear out. Lots of other good suggestions here as well, though. ;)