Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > EvoJet Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Does Evo-jet have any north american service centers?

Community
Search
Notices
EvoJet Direct Support When you have questions and need help from the source, discuss the EvoJet here.

Does Evo-jet have any north american service centers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 03:20 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does Evo-jet have any north american service centers?

i wanted to pick up a used 160 from a person but i'm worried that it might have to go all the way back to Germany for service. i'm thinking that could get very pricey . any thoughts? i email them with no reply. WB_1
Old 08-16-2017, 04:03 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I fly two of them and love them for the past 5+ years. They always start and run. I bought both of mine while they were trying to get a start here in the US. Both went under, but didn't have good marketing, or enough money behind them. Plus, at that time JC and KT just came out with their "Life Time Warranty", and if you read another post that I posted, you know what I think of that marketing scheme. So, the two different companies failed. I do mail mine back to Germany to Arno, the owner. The company has been around since 1990. The engines are cheap on the market here, due to the reason of no service center. You just have to add $300 round trip if you need work done on it, and FedEx is the only way to ship it.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:25 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow! 300.00 just to ship to germany?
Old 08-16-2017, 05:34 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1
wow! 300.00 just to ship to germany?
That's round trip. Maybe closer to $250.